The Donny Pyke Farewell Tour

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Scott Burns might be the man. Has done his apprenticeship under Clarkson, but will get overlooked as Clarko's successor in favour of Mitchell.

And he was also the one that didn't rate our list, so we know he is switched on...
Like this ... i think he is ready made .
Rate Caracella highly as well but i think he will be the Dons next HC .

Like this ... i think he is ready made .
Rate Caracella highly as well but i think he will be the Dons next HC .
Only thing with Burns is why has he been overlooked so many times 🤔 🤔

Another Hinkley?

Pick from these 4 IMO: Scarlett, Mitchell, Ratten or we take a punt internally on Mattner

Only thing with Burns is why has he been overlooked so many times 🤔 🤔

Another Hinkley?

Pick from these 4 IMO: Scarlett, Mitchell, Ratten or we take a punt internally on Mattner
I see nothing similar in their personalities at all ... just missed the WCE job , built the Pies midfield well and obviously Clarko and Hawks rated him highly .
Do rate your list of 4 but would we be able to get any of the three other than MM ??

I see nothing similar in their personalities at all ... just missed the WCE job , built the Pies midfield well and abviously Clarko rates him highly
Do rate your list of 4 though
More so is he the best of a worst bunch that are overlooked regularly until they are no longer part of the conversation for senior jobs

. Peter Sumich
. John Barker
. Leigh Tudor

Is Burns in that ilk? Hinkley was but eventually got a gig but wasn’t he like 8th choice?

Mitchell likely Clarko replacement so hard

Scarlett seems the type to love a challenge so throw him the $$$

Don't mind the idea of Schoefield either. Has some major runs on the board at WAFL level.

He'd need a senior assistant such as Ratten or Sumich to offer sime ideas. Hell, even Pyke as a senior assistant would be ok. Just someone not so conservative in charge

Last edited:
Don't mind the idea of Schiefield either. Has some major runs on the board at WAFL level.

He'd need a senior assistant such as Ratten or Sumich to offer sime ideas. Hell, even Pyke as a senior assistant would be ok. Just someone not so conservative in charge
Reckon Schoey will be the next coach of the Power .

They should take the players to Kokoda.. That’s where they’ll learn resilience, mateship and mental toughness.. Also will learn to appreciate what they get to do for a living and not take it for granted by picking and choosing when they want to put effort in.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hawks take all their draftees on kokoda every year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have ours presented thier jumper by Brett “Fuhrer” Burton

source.gif

Interesting that Pyke is now calling for a full review of the football department. Is he looking for the club to axe Burton? Surely this review will see either Burton or himself, or both being axed.

Unless Burton is the problem with the players, Pyke is a dead man walking as our coach.

Interesting that Pyke is now calling for a full review of the football department. Is he looking for the club to axe Burton? Surely this review will see either Burton or himself, or both being axed.

Unless Burton is the problem with the players, Pyke is a dead man walking as our coach.
It might be his way of calling them out, but it could well cost him his job.

To do that we need Don to walk.

If we have to pay him out we are going with a rookie again.

Maybe Rob Harvey gets the Saints job and we go after Ratten ??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back