Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Cmon guys, we've barely flogged anyone this year. Cant even put the bottom 4 away properly. Hawks will be playing for finals, same as the Crows were last week.

6 day break in a wet slog, doubt we'll have the run in us to do it. Just have to hope our hardened, finals experienced side can out-pressure the Lions at the Gabba in 3 weeks.
I hope for the flogging.

I'd love to know if there has ever been a final round with so many crucial spots up for grabs?

Four teams in the hunt for both top two spots.

Two of those teams plus Collingwood fighting for the final two spots in the top four. Technically Geelong not even locked in for top four, but realistically they are.

Four teams battling for 8th position.

It's wristy's all round this week at AFL House.

I'd love to know if there has ever been a final round with so many crucial spots up for grabs?

Four teams in the hunt for both top two spots.

Two of those teams plus Collingwood fighting for the final two spots in the top four. Technically Geelong not even locked in for top four, but realistically they are.

Four teams battling for 8th position.

It's wristy's all round this week at AFL House.
Basically you could have a top 4 all on 16 wins.

And 8th spot split between 3 or 4 sides on percentage only.

Damo should do a sliding doors column about it.

The biggest kiss on the dick we could get next week is if Carlton somehow get over Geelong. Then we just need to beat Hawthorn and we're into the top 2. Go Blues!

You should have let us play out a nice comfortable draw.

You play Geelong at the G. We play Brisbane in Perth. Simples.
We were saying at he game that a draw would be OK for us.
You look at today's game and then look at the Cats-Lions game.
Ours was head shoulders above that one.
Two best sides in it.

We were saying at he game that a draw would be OK for us.
You look at today's game and then look at the Cats-Lions game.
Ours was head shoulders above that one.
Two best sides in it.
We have Naitanui to return. You have Cotchin.

We have Naitanui to return. You have Cotchin.
Nicnat makes you a three goal better side. Gun.
We have Cotchin and Nankervis but Nicnat cancels that straight away.
We dont have weaponry to go with him.
Really hope it's a WCE vs Richmond GF.
Should have been last year.
I have so much respect for your cub.

Would prefer to meet in a PF in Perth, naturally.

This is accurate comment and very generous of you. Hats off to you and your boys today.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Don’t think we can keep writing off s**t mistakes as “we’ll be right come finals”. That’s only 3 weeks from now and if anything, today was one of those finals. Only thing still going for us is potentially Nic Nat. If he plays and gets through all 3 games we win the flag. I’d want to see something a lot cleaner and clinical next week if I was going to be comfortable going in without Nic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We lose to Hawks at home we dont deserve top 4. They are s**t. No excuses.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Yeah pretty much if WC can't beat Hawthorn next week how will they beat Geelong, Richmond etc in September?

Positive: Richmond peaked and played their best footy and only won by a goal. WCE played like crap after the 1st quarter, we still have huge scope for improvement from 75% of the team who were down in form.

Negative: Patchy football all year. 4qtr effort or we lose.

Surely close to all of them in the first quarter? I thought he was very impactful up to QT, but he really didn’t show up after.

His chasing is probably the most frustrating thing about him. He improved his chasing today and often had players cornered but then just got run around way too easily by just trying to tackle with arms or just went to ground - really not good enough

Anyone thinking a Clarkson coached hawks outfit with a sniff of the most unlikely finals showing is going to be rolled by 10 goals plus is on some of Ben's best gear.

Positive: Richmond peaked and played their best footy and only won by a goal. WCE played like crap after the 1st quarter, we still have huge scope for improvement from 75% of the team who were down in form.

Negative: Patchy football all year. 4qtr effort or we lose.

Tigers game plan is perfect for the wet if we get them in dry conditions then I'd be very confident. If its rains then its 50/50 like today.

His chasing is probably the most frustrating thing about him. He improved his chasing today and often had players cornered but then just got run around way too easily by just trying to tackle with arms or just went to ground - really not good enough

I said it last week and it was on full display again today. I assume he’s been about this fast for all of his life - how does he still manage to overrun things so significantly?

Also, if I may, you only have to look at the banter thread on our board at how much mutual respect there is between our two clubs.
all the best Eagles.
We got away with this one and I was rapt with it.
Different story going forward.

Anyone thinking a Clarkson coached hawks outfit with a sniff of the most unlikely finals showing is going to be rolled by 10 goals plus is on some of Ben's best gear.
I'd like to think we're good enough to smash a team even if they're trying really hard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back