Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion vs. Essendon (R23, Fri 23/08 7:50pm MCG)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scritchyscroony

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle United FC
:poo:
LOL... Wells an in. Reid handy to have forward in finals....

Yep... nothin' better than to be 90% guaranteed to be 2 players down by half time in a final... but hey anyway.. lets go with the 10% chance they can stay on the park and make a meaningful difference.

Aish is no immediate starter when fit either. Only Degoey, Moore and Stevenson are in that category.

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
:poo:
LOL... Wells an in. Reid handy to have forward in finals....

Yep... nothin' better than to be 90% guaranteed to be 2 players down by half time in a final... but hey anyway.. lets go with the 10% chance they can stay on the park and make a meaningful difference.

Aish is no immediate starter when fit either. Only Degoey, Moore and Stevenson are in that category.

Completely agree

Three certain starters ...............De Goey Moore Stephenson

One doubtful.............Aish

The rest have next to no chance unless we have injuries or terrible form slumps

TKiL

Cancelled
Jul 22, 2017
Eastern Suburbs, Melb
AFL Club
Collingwood
Round 23:
IN: Moore, DeGoey
OUT: Magden, Noble

First Final:
IN: Stephenson, Wells, Aish
OUT: Thomas, Wills, WHE

Finals Team:
B: Maynard, Moore, Greenwood
HB: Howe, Scharenberg, Crisp
C: Phillips, Pendlebury, Sidebottom
HF: DeGoey, Mihochek, Stephenson
F: Elliott, Roughead, Varcoe
R: Grundy, Adams, Treloar
I: Mayne, Brown, Wells, Aish
EMG: Hoskin-Elliott, Wills, Thomas, Reid
Reid a very long shot to appear anywhere near the team sheet let alone on the ground

Scritchyscroony

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle United FC
Madge out for Moore.
Who misses for De Goey?
Nobel, Brown, Varcoe, Greenwood, Thomas, Phillips all in the frame.
What happened to "Lol. Noble won't be dropped" from last night? Greenwood and Brown, Thomas and Phillips in the frame now you say? WHE safe is he?

Madge out for Moore.
Who misses for De Goey?

I’d say it will be Noble and Wills who make way for DeGoey and Stephenson come round 1 of finals, with the associated domino effect of rejigging across half forward, wing and half back in order to fit Stephenson back into the forward line.

saha

Cancelled
Jul 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’d say it will be Noble and Wills who make way for DeGoey and Stephenson come round 1 of finals, with the associated domino effect of rejigging across half forward, wing and half back in order to fit Stephenson back into the forward line.

Curious to know who people think will play our fourth midfielder role if this is how it falls come finals time. It’s all well and good to say De Goey pushes Wills out but it still leaves an on-ball rotation we have to cover with one of the guys currently playing forward. It’d mean Brown, Thomas or De Goey have to play up to 70% midfield time.

Regarding next week, it’d be great to see Moore get a game under his belt before finals. He would displace Madgen who, realistically, isn’t good enough to match the quality key position players at the pointy end of the year despite creditable performances over the past fortnight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1st week of finals still 19 days away.
Too early to pick a team.
Need to wait until after the Essendon game, plus last VFL game.
Then determine exactly who is available.
Any new injuries?
Next week:
In Moore
Out Madgen

... It’s all well and good to say De Goey pushes Wills out but it still leaves an on-ball rotation we have to cover with one of the guys currently playing forward. It’d mean Brown, Thomas or De Goey have to play up to 70% midfield time.

That’s usually the way we set up - a rotation through the middle with DeGoey, Thomas, Brown all spending varying amounts of time there depending on matchups and how the game itself is unfolding. Pendles and Sidey are also options as well but Sidey is more wing these days and not so much starting in the middle.

TKiL

Cancelled
Jul 22, 2017
Eastern Suburbs, Melb
AFL Club
Collingwood
1st week of finals still 19 days away.
Too early to pick a team.
Need to wait until after the Essendon game, plus last VFL game.
Then determine exactly who is available.
Any new injuries?
Next week:
In Moore
Out Madgen
Moore's hammies need to be 100%.Plus that part of his brain that talks to /manages /controls? his hammies needs to be 110% relaxed about his hammies themselves being 100% ok - meet these conditions and he's in

What happened to "Lol. Noble won't be dropped" from last night? Greenwood and Brown, Thomas and Phillips in the frame now you say? WHE safe is he?
This is the conundrum. Someone has to miss. Who?

Madge out for Moore.
Who misses for De Goey?
Degoey will not play till the first final, but l cannot see Brown, Greenwood and Phillips getting dropped at all. Varcoe and Thomas probably have to have shockers next week to be considered

Scritchyscroony

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle United FC
Apology accepted
Glad you've come around.
Apart from Noble for Degoey, who would you drop for Stevenson? I am leaning toward WHE. Varcoe next. Greenwood, Brown, Thomas, Phillips all comfortably safe for mine... At a push I'd go Thomas next though I guess.

Scritchyscroony

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle United FC
Wills, JDG to midfield, Jaidyn replaces Noble.
Nope.
Wills is needed badly in our midfield makeup. JDG won't bring what Wills does in and under and he's going to be needed forward anyway. We can't go into finals with just Adams as our sole effective in and under grunt mid.
JDG and Stephenson replace two of Varcoe, WHE, Noble or Thomas.

Fruit

Premiership Player
Jul 24, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’d like to see Wills retain his spot. I think he’s improving each game and actually adding something to our midfield with his grunt work. He’s had 2 20 possession games in the past 3 and the bollocking work in the middle just might be a huge help in freeing up Pendles, Sidey, Treloar etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back