Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Chad Wingard. 200 games! Signed to the end of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the start of the year at some games I heard flogs abusing Chad if he made the most minor of mistakes. Today in the crowd people started to get excited if he got near the ball. He’s rapidly become one of the biggest crowd favourites. Absolute gun - anyone who doubted him had more rocks in their head than a quarry.

I'll freely admit I was quite critical and skeptical directly after we traded for Chad; I thought his workrate and desire to be involved weren't at a high enough level; talented, yes, but possibly a bit lazy

Boy oh boy am I eating humble pie! Has been outstanding and improving every week over the last couple of months. Has given our midfield an added electricity too

Keep dishing up that delicious humble pie Chadwick

Can we have him back please the loans over :D

Jokes

What an absolute star. Finally got his s**t together and youre reaping the rewards. Looks like a real serious footballer. Youre going to get a massive 2020 for him might even chuck a bit on him for a sneaky brownlow. All the best

This isn't some magical turnaround. This is the player he always was. Don't listen to the media.

I feel like this is a bit of a 'I told you so moment' for us.

We've been saying that he's a midfielder the whole time, and is most certainly not a Rioli replacement. He's a dynamic, skillful midfielder that puts on manic pressure with second and third efforts and tackles hard - he just needed to get fit and we'd all see it.

As soon as we were linked with him I was all aboard the Wingard hype train. I wanted him over Shiel, and was happy with the seemingly mutually beneficial trade we made.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back