Game Day Round 22: vs Hawthorn @ Docklands (Sunday 4:40)

Remove this Banner Ad

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I don't think midfield is the issue, players skills from defence mid to forward the issue. I doubt they train skill , just go surfing/ computer games after team training.

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Just imagine when GWS will not make finals. I believe it could happen soon actually. More players probably leaving.
It must be a worry for the power brokers at the AFL (not Gil, he’s clueless). Their good players leaving even when they’re contenders. If Coniglio goes it will be a big blow. I want the game to do well there but it could still be the AFL’s Vietnam.

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Please do not let us consider Roughead or Burgoyne as players
Stick a fork in 'em they're done
If Thommo was playing today Roughead wouldn't have touched it
Burgoyne just getting cheapies playing on guys like Dawson Lemons and GHS
As Mr Bods said- they're in the 8 and we're last then daylight- that performance wasn't our worst by a longshot
A few straight kicks away from a decent score
Just imagine being GWS

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Pretty amazed to find out that Suns absolutely dominated clearances 45 vs 30. It was just tough to watch players with absolutely no confidence, turning the ball over and over, not able to execute. I guess 17 losses in a row will do that to players.

Interestingly, Suns fielded I believe the oldest team of the season with average age 24yr 4mth. Yet, Hawks were more than 3 years older and had 13 players with 150+ games while Suns had 3.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
Dows disposal is disgusting, you could put him in anyteam and he would still be horrific, Swallow, MacPherson, Fiorini, Lemmens, Miller are all bad by foot and would be anywhere
I'm positive Clayton didn't miss anyone who butchers the ball. I'm now sure he got the lot of them.
Keep turning the list over, thats all we can do now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
2nd year mid from Hawthorn (Worpel) running the game out strongly whilst our 3rd-4th year mids struggle to make it to 1/4 time.
Apples and oranges. Helps running around with much more experienced players. Also helps not running defensively so much.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Apples and oranges. Helps running around with much more experienced players. Also helps not running defensively so much.
Exactly, I bet Suns run more meters than Hawks. We actually look ok regarding running this year.

Harbs has lost all of his handles. The end comes quick for some. Been a real stalwart for us but this is the first time I've seen him in this sort of form for such a period of time before.

Agree, I was in the rooms after the game and he looked totally checked out and dejected. Would not be surprised if he doesn’t go on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back