Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair to Mick, during the time of his final season with us, his beloved wife Nanette had undergone Breast Cancer surgery and was doing poorly health wise. And the constant media and supporter backlash against MM really took a toll on his family.

Can't condone his coaching or methods of alienating the players at Carlton, but the last year was very difficult for MM on a personal level, so I can kind of forgive him for his erratic and cantankerous behaviour in the weeks leading up to his sacking.

It's ironic that we drafted Cripps in the Malthouse regime,not sure how much influence MM had on that decision, but it does actually show that even in dire circumstances, something great can happen.

Also the 2013 Elimination Final was a great hoot, beating the 5th place Tigers from 9th place, waving goodbye to the on masse leaving Richmond fans midway through the final quarter, that was one of my happiest moments as a Carlton fan in the past 17 years

Anyhow, The Malthouse era is long gone. Think it's healthier to just look fowards without any grudges or recriminations. We have a fantastic young coach, and so much young and talented players on the rise.

Malthouse deliberately kept throwing media hand grenades at the club until they were forced to sack him and pay him out. All while sucking up $20,000 per week of valuable club money.

He is a flog and abused his position at the club.

There is absolutely no excuse for his complete lack of professionalism and he deserves every bit of contempt and criticism he cops.

I'm not bagging the guy, just giving my opinion. He would have had to have been crazy to knock back our stupid offer as would have Daisy at the time, just goes to show how badly run we were back then. I just don't feel he is an honest person when it comes to talking about these things. He was just as much at fault as the clowns who offered him the job.

With regards to his last year, there would have been no shame or backlash if he went to his employer and said, this is too much for me with what I am personally going through, I need to walk away, but he made it about him needing a contract extension for team stability. When this wasn't forth coming he got himself sacked by bagging the board on radio. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Completely agree.

Malthouse deliberately kept throwing media hand grenades at the club until they were forced to sack him and pay him out. All while sucking up $20,000 per week of valuable club money.

He is a flog and abused his position at the club.

There is absolutely no excuse for his complete lack of professionalism and he deserves every bit of contempt and criticism he cops.

Well you are entitled to your opinion, i am inclined to be a bit more forgiving and charitable (as i say, the physical and emotional toll it took on his family makes MM eccentric behaviour not excusable, but understandable)

Anyway what's done is done. We have all moved on and the club is now in its best place it has been in many, many years.

Gawd the AFL s**t me.

AFL website makes a joke about Carlton/Coniglio with headline of “$2 million in a little blue bag” and probably think it’s hilarious.

Sam Mitchell gestures to * players “injecting his arm” and gets an official warning from AFL. The only reason he did not get a sanction was “he regretted his actions and apologised to Hibberd after the game”.

Plus Gill giving Coniglio “advice”.

Could we possibly have a more unprofessional and hypocritical bunch of idiots running the game??

Think it's about time our home games got moved back to the MCG.

Marvel isn't our home ground and never will be.

We could sign up 75,000+ members next season. How do we fit everyone in Marvel Stadium?

Answer is you can't. Time to turn the MCG into our home ground!

Think it's about time our home games got moved back to the MCG.

Marvel isn't our home ground and never will be.

We could sign up 75,000+ members next season. How do we fit everyone in Marvel Stadium?

Answer is you can't. Time to turn the MCG into our home ground!

9 clubs, 2 grounds. It's not just about what we want unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anybody help
Ever since I updated my phone Bigfooty is showing in an app like version rather then the original web version.

Anyway I can revert to the web version? I find this new look app slower and harder to use

Thanks

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can anybody help
Ever since I updated my phone Bigfooty is showing in an app like version rather then the original web version.

Anyway I can revert to the web version? I find this new look app slower and harder to use

Thanks

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Probably best ask in the SFA Board (Suggestions, Feedback and Announcements)

This thread:-

OR

This thread:-

he could hitch himself to south aussie footy...........

source.gif

3 x 25 a month 2 x 2.50 (telstra bonus sign up offer) a month a free month courtesy of Telstra sorry got it wrong 80 for 6 months.

3 x 25 a month 2 x 2.50 (telstra bonus sign up offer) a month a free month courtesy of Telstra sorry got it wrong 80 for 6 months.
ha ha! you walked right into my truth trap!!

no matter what subscription it is, what platform, how long, contracted, not contracted, freebies or otherwise - someone always says they got it cheaper.....
$25pm gets you a kayo subscription that can be used on two accounts. Basically go halves with someone and pay $12.50pm for on demand sport. Get a chromecast and watch it on your TV in HD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back