Review GBU vs Wobbles - Rd 22

Remove this Banner Ad

No tweets from Fagan about last night - tweeted after the Eagles loss last Sunday but zip nada bubkus in the last 24 hours.
Hasn't had a chance to catch up with his daughter...

Bloody disappointed in myself. Beginning of the week I had plans to back the pies 40 plus which from memory were paying $9. I was umming and arring all week 1 to 39 or 40 plus? What did I do? I didn't put a bloody bet on at all and tipped the crows. Moral of the story is always stick with your gut instinct. Gamble responsibly.

Moral of the story "never make a bet that involves your team (Crows)"

I see Pyke asking for a review is a bit like a political leadership challenge. This will put people within against him and cause unrest, people will feel challenged and not like it and it will come down to a him or me,so heads will change anyway.

I see Pyke asking for a review is a bit like a political leadership challenge. This will put people within against him and cause unrest, people will feel challenged and not like it and it will come down to a him or me,so heads will change anyway.
Yep.

People will unite against him to save their own skins.

I wonder how much backroom shenanigans is going on.

Is Brett Burton getting in Mark Ricciuto ear about removing Pyke. Lets stick together roo, lets get rid of Pyke before he throws us under the bus and we lose out job.

Its sad to see arguably the best player to ever pull on a crows jumper being reduced to this .
Unfortunately not all great players make great commentators and Roo certainly fits that category.

How he ever got a radio gig is beyond me, that " letting air out of a balloon" voice is excruciating.

I just wish he would wake up, he's suffering the media craving Jack Vidgen syndrome.. you've had your day , your come back was a failure ,now please slip back into obscurity ..;)
Its funny how we are all so very different. I like Roo commentating. He isnt the worst out there by a long stretch. I also like the fact that somone from SA is on National television. It just furthers the states presence. My attitude could also be part of my dislike of everything that is Victorian when it comes to our national competition.

What did he say about Betts goal kicking range? Lol
Nothing that hadn't been said before. It just took the form of deranged whining, as if some elaborate scheme built upon a foundation of Eddie Betts kicking longer than 40m were coming undone.

All his commentary yesterday had that quality though.

Clearly Adelaide are now a club that puts gifting personal milestone games / home farewell games? ahead of making finals. That's the level of 'phucked-up' this club has reached. And playing 2 ruckman in order to do that? OMFG!!
ROB understandably looked 'done' a couple of weeks ago, hence the rest. But since he was deemed 'good-to-go' this week then Sauce shouldn't have played. This furffy that we needed to play two ruckman against Grundy was just a convenient line dressed up as strategy that sucked some people in.

Clearly Adelaide are now a club that puts gifting personal milestone games / home farewell games? ahead of making finals. That's the level of 'phucked-up' this club has reached. And playing 2 ruckman in order to do that? OMFG!!
ROB understandably looked 'done' a couple of weeks ago, hence the rest. But since he was deemed 'good-to-go' this week then Sauce shouldn't have played. This furffy that we needed to play two ruckman against Grundy was just a convenient line dressed up as strategy that sucked some people in.

Sadly it's not the first time that senior players have been gifted games and it won't be the last.

I just wish they wouldn't roll it out as a token excuse not to play younger players especially when there's a clear culture of gifting games to senior players.

Would be like the last days of Rome in that place at the moment
The on-field results recently of our AFL and SANFL teams are actually heartening in a funny sort of way. It means that change is afoot.

The place is reeling top to bottom. No one is certain of their future so we look a bit directionless and passionless compared to driven teams who know exactly where they're going and who's going to be there.

Older players don't know if they're going to continue, some perhaps focusing on what life after footy looks like. Some players are potentially at other clubs - distracted, not 100% committed to the cause. Coaching staff not sure if they're part of the future Eg coaches would be spending more time on seek.com.au than spending hours preparing detailed feedback for players. What's the point of working hard and fostering relationships with players who aren't going to be here? What's the point of working with and trying to impress coaches who are on the way out?

I think there will be a gutting of the list (perhaps not all in one season but over the next two) and an overhaul off-field. So the place has become similar to a workplace that's going through cutbacks and downsizing. Necessary for the long term but currently creates a negative vibe and our spiritless play reflects this.

Perhaps this has crept up on us which has left us reeling to a degree? Internally we may not have realised how bad things were until the post-bye losses started mounting. They should read BigFooty more often haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The on-field results recently of our AFL and SANFL teams are actually heartening in a funny sort of way. It means that change is afoot.

The place is reeling top to bottom. No one is certain of their future so we look a bit directionless and passionless compared to driven teams who know exactly where they're going and who's going to be there.

Older players don't know if they're going to continue, some perhaps focusing on what life after footy looks like. Some players are potentially at other clubs - distracted, not 100% committed to the cause. Coaching staff not sure if they're part of the future Eg coaches would be spending more time on seek.com.au than spending hours preparing detailed feedback for players. What's the point of working hard and fostering relationships with players who aren't going to be here? What's the point of working with and trying to impress coaches who are on the way out?

I think there will be a gutting of the list (perhaps not all in one season but over the next two) and an overhaul off-field. So the place has become similar to a workplace that's going through cutbacks and downsizing. Necessary for the long term but currently creates a negative vibe and our spiritless play reflects this.

Perhaps this has crept up on us which has left us reeling to a degree? Internally we may not have realised how bad things were until the post-bye losses started mounting. They should read BigFooty more often haha
Very well put.

I did have a thought yesterday that at some point this year, maybe the 1st WCE game or the Cats game, it dawned on some senior players that 2017 was it. The chance of a flag is now gone and and all that’s left is to suffer a rebuild.

Would be hard to stay motivated

Sadly it's not the first time that senior players have been gifted games and it won't be the last.

I just wish they wouldn't roll it out as a token excuse not to play younger players especially when there's a clear culture of gifting games to senior players.
Great bloke, professional, great team mate, at his best in the top 3 or 4 rucks in the competition...

And these were the most glowing endorsements of him. Yikes!

“Hopefully a few results go our way and we get into finals because we’re good enough,” Walker said on Monday afternoon.
“We could beat any team anywhere so if we get into the finals we can do that.
“We took the reigning premiers to 10 points last week so I still believe we’re good enough. We’re just not right now playing the way we want to play.”
Tex was appointed Captain by a guy who said there's no such thing as honourable losses and then comes out with that line. Shows why they didn't perform against the Pies. It's an "our best is good enough" attitude, just rock up and we can win. Media managers making our players looking like idiots with the messaging they're sending out.

Tex was appointed Captain by a guy who said there's no such thing as honourable losses and then comes out with that line. Shows why they didn't perform against the Pies. It's an "our best is good enough" attitude, just rock up and we can win. Media managers making our players looking like idiots with the messaging they're sending out.

I listened to that entire presser. Tex sounded bored and like he didn't want to be there, rolling out cliche after cliche.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back