Preview RND 23- Carlton v Geelong Saturday 24th August 4.35PM @ GMHBA - Team Post #242

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing it will be next to impossible to get tickets for Saturday without paying through the nose for them?

Would love to watch Daisy play his last game in Navy Blue.

I'm looking for 4 tickets if anyone is selling.

Geelong really have to win next week or they can slip out of the top 4.

We can thank the lions for a tough game as that gives us a little advantage...

Definitely need Weiters back.

They’ve secured in top 4, even with a loss to us, unless Pies overcome the significant percentage gap between them which is highly unlikely. Probably a good thing because having both Richmond and pies in the top 4 is not ideal!

Probably lose Gibbons injured.
Drop Lang and DeLuca.
Hopefully Weitering and Cuningham return and give Stocker another taste to take into summer training.

Simpson Casboult Plowman
Newman Weitering Thomas
SPS Cripps Setterfield
Cuningham McGovern Silvagni
Kennedy McKay Fisher

Kreuzer Curnow Murphy

Dow Stocker Walsh O’Brien

I'm guessing it will be next to impossible to get tickets for Saturday without paying through the nose for them?

Would love to watch Daisy play his last game in Navy Blue.

I'm looking for 4 tickets if anyone is selling.

2 Flexi tickets for $45, have to arrive early to get in, just buy this twice. Cheaper than 2 normal GA tickets as well.

Not sure why people keep omitting Kennedy,has been the MOST improved under Teague.Wont get dropped and is important to our structure.

Weitering in for Lang or Gibbons if injured.

0 tackles overall and 2 touches in the 2nd half. Started off well but basically disappeared after the first quarter. Needs to be better.

Doubt Lang will be dropped still wasn't great but had some good tackle pressure moments and playing for his career you would think.

Gibbons out for Cunners would be likely. Doubt they risk Weitering but if he is right would come in for Fisher or possibly Kennedy.

Would prefer Fisher to go out he has been down for a few weeks now.

Just doing the ladder predictor and, assuming Rich beat Bris and Geelong beat us, Geelong will then have to play Richmond at the G. If we beat the cats they get another crack at Brisbane at the Gabba.
I wonder who they’d rather play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely dropped off in the second half.
Had a better game than Gibbo though, and Gibbo sore, he's first out.
Gibbo was great excellent pressure and statistics. Kennedy was average, Lang also great pressure and score assists. Kennedy has great improvement under Teg. Because he didn’t pay under Bolton or kick a goal . Statistics can lie by the way I like Kennedy and he will be great in 2020 but his performance is way below Gibbo and Lang

Gibbo was great excellent pressure and statistics. Kennedy was average,

Statistics can lie by the way I like Kennedy and he will be great in 2020 but his performance is way below Gibbo

Kennedy had more effective disposals than Gibbo, kicked a goal, had 2 goal assists, and 2 other score involvements (5 total).

Gibbo only had 2 score involvements, one of which was the debacle where he had a ping and missed from 35, rather than running it in. Neither had a tackle.

Sure statistics can lie, but there's no way that Kennedy's performance was 'way below Gibbo'.

Kennedy had more effective disposals than Gibbo, kicked a goal, had 2 goal assists, and 2 other score involvements (5 total).

Gibbo only had 2 score involvements, one of which was the debacle where he had a ping and missed from 35, rather than running it in. Neither had a tackle.

Sure statistics can lie, but there's no way that Kennedy's performance was 'way below Gibbo'.
Gibbons was able to effectively link right through midfield, Kennedy made some absolute howlers in that regard.

Deluca and Lang had to do a lot of running work to cover for him as well.

With his 7 effective disposals?
Kicks under 40m that don't result in a further direct chain of possession for a team mate are deemed ineffective. Handballs that do not directly hit the target are deemed ineffective. Behinds are deemed ineffective.

Does Gibbons strike you as someone who kicks 40+ metres very often? Gained just shy of 400m on the day, so he was getting the ball around the place and receiving it in good areas to generate transitional play.

Not sure who goes out if weiters is fit. If gibbo is injured than decision is easy.. if not it will be between kennedy and lang i feel.

Kennedy was poor but he is a good kick but he needs to work harder to get the ball and apply pressure.

Lang may be good to keep against his old side plus he was not too bad last week.

Not sure why people keep omitting Kennedy,has been the MOST improved under Teague.Wont get dropped and is important to our structure.

Weitering in for Lang or Gibbons if injured.

Well first it was he is hopeless, then it was was running patterns, then it was silence when teague put him in a position that he could perform in, now after not kicking 4 goals he is rated below Owies...

22 yr old coming back from poorly managed injury with about 40 interrupted games under his belt - a write off. SOS is a total dope - again..

Been there in this forum before with lots of players...Kennedy's turn now.

I presume Gibbons will be out injured.

I would do the following:

Outs: Gibbons, DeLuca
Ins: Weitering, Stocker (put cuningham on ice, that knee is strapped pretty heavily, just get him right for pre-season)

Lang did enough to stay in. DeLuca's pressure is good but he's a liability with disposal/decision making. Stocker would give same effort but better disposal - plus great for his development.

Wonder if the AFL have figured yet around 20-30k people won't be able to attend this game because it's at a s**thole.

I think Next year Melbourne will get the honours of us.

This is what happens when you build a culture of losing and bottoming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back