Hawthorn’s 2019 Trade/FA - Targets/Incoming players discussion only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mention of the Hamish mail from last night, the JOM/Cogs Macelleria partnership detailed on 3aw or the word "Hawthorn" at all in any of Tom's musings.

It's almost like they need to pad the story out for a few weeks.
Listen to the fox footy podcast weekly, he hates Hawthorn. He’s a corporate little private school boy that supports Melbourne. Rarely has anything positive re Hawthorn. He’s an amateur

SEN reported what we all know already: at a conference today an ex-giant (?) reported that Cogs will not be at GWS next year. Did not specify club.

Didn’t hear it correctly, on a tram line!

I almost want to see Cogs stay at GWS to see what kind of plan B we can pull out of our hat.

Sounds a bit like the 2013 GF when Hodge wanted Freo to kick the first 3 goals of the 3rd quarter :oops:

SEN reported what we all know already: at a conference today an ex-giant (?) reported that Cogs will not be at GWS next year. Did not specify club.

Didn’t hear it correctly, on a tram line!
Yeah heard this while I was driving home. Andy Maher it was. He said at a pre game thing he was doing, he had the discussion with this ex giant. We don’t have any ex giants do we?

Last edited:
Mini-draft. Held before the main draft. Jaeger would have likely gone 1 in the main draft such were the wraps on him.

Yup, GC traded two first round picks to get the #1 mini-draft pick from GWS to select JOM (pick #4 and a first round compensation pick, equivalent together to about pick #2 in the main draft). The mini-draft was for under age players who were not allowed to play in the year immediately following the mini-draft. Was made available to GWS, but GWS were allowed to trade their mini-draft picks to other clubs. Adelaide got the #2 pick, which they used on Brad Crouch. Given some of the rumours regarding Crouch , it would be funny if we ended up with the only two mini-draft players at our club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yup, GC traded two first round picks to get the #1 mini-draft pick from GWS to select JOM (pick #4 and a first round compensation pick, equivalent together to about pick #2 in the main draft). The mini-draft was for under age players who were not allowed to play in the year immediately following the mini-draft. Was made available to GWS, but GWS were allowed to trade their mini-draft picks to other clubs. Adelaide got the #2 pick, which they used on Brad Crouch. Given some of the rumours regarding Crouch , it would be funny if we ended up with the only two mini-draft players at our club.

There were two years of mini-drafts if my memory serves me correctly. The second year had Jesse Hogan and Jack Martin selected in the other mini-draft.

There were two years of mini-drafts if my memory serves me correctly. The second year had Jesse Hogan and Jack Martin selected in the other mini-draft.

You're right! Poor GC, traded very early national draft picks to get both #1 picks in each mini-draft, drafted WA players both times, and sounds like they are about to lose the second of them. You can see how they'd be frustrated.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back