Recommitted Jamie Elliott [re-signed with Collingwood for two more years]

Remove this Banner Ad

It's just time to cut our losses with this bloke.

if he goes on to put it all together well good on him but we cant waste anymore time and effort with the bloke.

We've held on to injury riddled players for the best part of the last decade hoping they come do time to draw a line in the sand.

I’d welcome him at the Dees too, just on a single year contract with a heavy discount for injuries/missed games - which I presume is exactly what Collingwood are offering him.

I would give him 2 with a trigger clause for a 3rd based on games played.

I get what you are referring to but it would be downright irresponsible & damn stupid to recruit another player with serious injury concerns after the gaggle we have chewed through the last couple of years.
Understood, but I'd still hope the club is enquiring about him and what exactly his health concerns are. You bring in as many quality players as you can and he is unquestionably a quality player.

Another Jarrod Witts situation, we all know how good they can be with just a thing or two going their way... but we also know we won't get what we should in return as compensation.

Elliot if he leaves will probably fetch a late 2nd rounder from FA

He will probably be offered a 2 year deal elsewhere, haven't you guys tabled an offer for him at all?

Not what I have heard but he said he is Desperate to stay at Collingwood and Kicking 5 Today might of got him that New Deal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suspect if Collingwood is only offering 1 year, he will leave and get more years somewhere else

Elliot is a super talent when fit but knowing our history with trading in Collingwood players, Elliot probably turns into a spud at the Dees

Imagine what we could do if Petracca decided to move to us...

Well apparently he has a picture in his wallet of Bucks...probably only a matter of time.

But in all honestly if Jamie and the Pies think its best to continue his career elsewhere then i hope we table a 2 year deal for him.

Well apparently he has a picture in his wallet of Bucks...probably only a matter of time.
Assuming that’s a joke, but he was a Pies supporter so I guess it could be possible...
But in all honestly if Jamie and the Pies think its best to continue his career elsewhere then i hope we table a 2 year deal for him.
Everything I’ve heard seems to indicate he’s keen to stay at the Pies. I’d be disappointed if we moved him on over a 2 year deal when we picked up the likes of Wells for 3 years on relatively big coin.

Assuming that’s a joke, but he was a Pies supporter so I guess it could be possible...

Everything I’ve heard seems to indicate he’s keen to stay at the Pies. I’d be disappointed if we moved him on over a 2 year deal when we picked up the likes of Wells for 3 years on relatively big coin.

Yep first sentence was a joke, but you are right he was a Pies supporter so maybe i'm onto something.

Secondly, you guys would be crazy to let him go over the sake of 12 months. I think Jamie is elite when he is up and running, hopefully you guys can work through his injury concerns and get him playing 20 games a year, but if the Pies do let him go then I would be pretty pissed if we weren't in his ear.

I’d love for us to take a punt on this guy. Have the space and a good age profile.

If we only need a 2 year deal to lure him, we (and several other clubs) are insane not to offer him it.

Yep, I think you would find most Vic clubs especially throwing a 2 year deal at him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back