• The club has already folded

Votes: 13 36.1%

• Total voters

Balls In

Brownlow Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
We need Collingwood to beat both Adelaide and Essendon- if they lose one of those games Richmond under your scenario would finish 4th if they lose and play Geelong “away” at the MCG first week rather than us at Optus if they win against Brisbane
I reckon Adelaide will take Collingwood

liam123

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
I predict we will Finish third making us play the cats first week. If e don’t win that it’ll likely be the dogs which on current form makes me worried. The Geelong game better be at the G and we better win

I predict we will Finish third making us play the cats first week. If e don’t win that it’ll likely be the dogs which on current form makes me worried. The Geelong game better be at the G and we better win

If we lose and finish 5th we will play Essendon first week assuming the bulldogs beat Adelaide

EagleEgo

Club Legend
Jun 3, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Get over Brisbane and you will play Richmond in the grand final.
It is a bit too early to say who is playing who in the top 4.
1. Brisbane can go as low as 4th if they lost to Richmond by 65-130; and the Eagles has a 4 goals win.
2. Geelong won and Brisbane lost means Geelong will be the minor premier. Geelong lost can see them as low as 4th.
3. Eagles will be top 2 if Richmond and Eagles won by a big margin.
If Eagles won by a small margin, Eagles will be 3rd or 4th.
4. Richmond can be minor premier if Geelong lost; Eagles lost or won by small margin; and Richmond won by 130-65.

Richmond know exactly what they need to do as Collingwood-Ess, Geelong-Carlton, Eagle-Hawthron games are all played before Richmond-Brisbane game.
If Geelong lost, Richmond will want a very big win to start Finals in Melbourne. However, if Geelong won and Eagles has a big win, there is no incentive for Richmond to have a big win. In fact a small win is good for Richmond to stay in Melbourne to go against Geelong.
If Eagles has a very small win, a 130-65 win for Richmond will see Richmond go to 2nd to host the Eagles or Brisbane in Melbourne.

Balls In

Brownlow Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
If we lose and finish 5th we will play Essendon first week assuming the bulldogs beat Adelaide
Can anyone explain the scenario that would have us 5th? That would be a disaster. An absolute disaster. I'm more than happy to finish anywhere in the top four though, travel after one weeks break is no biggie.

woosha24

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
It is a bit too early to say who is playing who in the top 4.
1. Brisbane can go as low as 4th if they lost to Richmond by 65-130; and the Eagles has a 4 goals win.
2. Geelong won and Brisbane lost means Geelong will be the minor premier. Geelong lost can see them as low as 4th.
3. Eagles will be top 2 if Richmond and Eagles won by a big margin.
If Eagles won by a small margin, Eagles will be 3rd or 4th.
4. Richmond can be minor premier if Geelong lost; Eagles lost or won by small margin; and Richmond won by 130-65.

Richmond know exactly what they need to do as Collingwood-Ess, Geelong-Carlton, Eagle-Hawthron games are all played before Richmond-Brisbane game.
If Geelong lost, Richmond will want a very big win to start Finals in Melbourne. However, if Geelong won and Eagles has a big win, there is no incentive for Richmond to have a big win. In fact a small win is good for Richmond to stay in Melbourne to go against Geelong.
If Eagles has a very small win, a 130-65 win for Richmond will see Richmond go to 2nd to host the Eagles or Brisbane in Melbourne.

I had a potential thought - Geelong's worst case scenario is playing Richmond/ Collingwood at the 'G, because they are essentially giving up a "home" final to what will be a massive Tigers/ Pies crowd. Finishing first doesn't help them in any way, but finishing lower might. With their massive percentage, they could decide to tactically "lose" to Carlton and aim for between 2nd - 4th. Best case scenario, they host Brisbane/ West Coast at the 'G in Week 1. Worst case, they have to play Richmond/ Collingwood at the 'G anyway.

Personally I don't think they will go this route, but its intriguing to think about.

woosha24

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Can anyone explain the scenario that would have us 5th? That would be a disaster. An absolute disaster. I'm more than happy to finish anywhere in the top four though, travel after one weeks break is no biggie.

Essentially Hawks win, Collingwood win. The Pies have a better percentage than us and are a game behind.

Balls In

Brownlow Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Essentially Hawks win, Collingwood win. The Pies have a better percentage than us and are a game behind.
Collingwood should easily beat Essendon and meanwhile we have a serious danger gave in Hawthorn in their best form this year (and us after a slog and question marks over the fitness of Sheppard (knee) and Darling (hip cork)).

EagleEgo

Club Legend
Jun 3, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Actually, according to the "public betting winning probabilty" available, the probabilty of WCE going to the 5th position is about 0.1, which is not too low!

Last edited:

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Can only happen if we lose and Collingwood and Richmond win.

If we can't beat Hawks then it is questionable if we deserve top 4 anyway. Certainly won't be doing any damage if we do. We always play very well against Hawks at home, so I expect us to win no worries.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
It looks as though your club has drawn the short straw.

Remember to thank the AFL umpiring fraternity.

Takes a special kind of Norf martyrdom to not only forget that they were gifted a goal from an incorrect free seconds beforehand, and then to also claim that an error up the end cost you the win in a 2 goal loss. I mean... basic math. The incorrect goals cancel each other out and then you are still 12 points short. Do you even math bro?

And then the pathology of going on about it a month later. Gotta draw some sort of vaguely tenuous connection between the Kangas and finals I guess.

Keep Norfing teffy. Keep on Norfing.

Good luck in finals Eagles fans. Another non-Victorian grand final lineup would be delish. Go get some.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Takes a special kind of Norf martyrdom to not only forget that they were gifted a goal from an incorrect free seconds beforehand, and then to also claim that an error up the end cost you the win in a 2 goal loss. I mean... basic math. The incorrect goals cancel each other out and then you are still 12 points short. Do you even math bro?

Keep Norfing teffy. Keep on Norfing.

Good luck in finals Eagles fans. Another non-Victorian grand final lineup would be delish. Go get some.

Go bitch somewhere else lardboy.

Hasn’t gone to plan, but I don’t think this is the end of our season.

We either finish 4th or Richmond has to travel to Brisbane, which I think is big. We can beat Essendon or the like at home with renewed intent and build momentum for a showdown at the G in the second week.

We can still do this.

Back