Bluemour Discussion Thread XVII - Coniglio means Rabbit in Italian!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s been reported that all clubs met last week at a Docklands cafe and did some preliminary trade ‘speed dating’.
I think it happens every year
Yes and the Blues and Crows conceded “they’re not good for each other”. GWS was not great with eye contact (apparently).

pure speculation! 😀

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's Andy Maher ...

“There was a former teammate of Stephen Coniglio’s who yesterday I was having a chat to and he said that he will be playing next year, but it won’t be at the Giants,” Maher said on SEN’s Bob and Andy.

“If you believe what they’re telling you, Carlton’s money offer has been greater than what Hawthorn and the Giants have been prepared to bowl up.”

From one of the better news breakers on a forum I won’t name.

#Bluemour

Makes sense, in keeping with rumours from TCP & b70 previously that if he leaves Sydney it's definitely us.

We need results to go our way this weekend so Adelaide give us pick 7 or 8 at worst to help us satisfy Sydney.

Here's Andy Maher ...

I remember GWS' CEO Matthews publicly said GWS weren't offering him the most money, but not the least either.

Now i would imagine it's likely Hawthorn are offering the least. They typically stick to a more rigid pay structure and have brought in guys like Mitchell, JOM, Wingard, Scully, Impey & Scrimshaw in the last few years. Apparently they will be bringing in Patton - who is contracted until 2020 so they are taking on an existing contract.

We are clearly offering the most, and are now an attractive destination as a team seemingly on the up.

All Hawthorn supporters have is 'but he wants to play with JOM' but would he seriously give up millions of dollars to play with him, when he can see him any time he wants outside of work hours at the footy club since he'll be living in Melbourne? Doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back