NRL Rugby league ratings, crowd and the media discussion

Greenstar5

All Australian
Jun 21, 2017
Canberra
AFL Club
Sydney
20190811_144749.jpg

Awesome crowd in Canberra this arvo. Think they said biggest H&A since 2010. Almost 20k. Heaps of Rooster fans too which created a good atmosphere.

Greenstar5

All Australian
Jun 21, 2017
Canberra
AFL Club
Sydney
Crowds have been very good this round.

I thought there was more than 8k on Thursday. I've seen games at Brookie where they have posted 6k and there has been no one on the hill. It look pretty full as well as the stands. Anyways looked good on TV.

Saturday's crowds were awesome. Especially Melbourne v Canberra.

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC

Greenstar5

All Australian
Jun 21, 2017
Canberra
AFL Club
Sydney
Good crowds at Parramatta, Brisbane and Canberra. Saturday Sydney crowds are pretty bad.

Next round word is the Sharks Raiders game is a sell out. Expecting a good crowd for the Manly Melbourne game. Hopefully some strong crowds to finish the season.

Greenstar5

All Australian
Jun 21, 2017
Canberra
AFL Club
Sydney
Great crowd on Thursday night for the final game at Dairy Farmers (err 1300) for 2 teams out of finals contention. 15k.

Couple of pictures I took of the new stadium. It's looking great and will be an awesome addition to the NRL.

More photos are on the stadiums board area
20190901_110119.jpg
20190901_110056.jpg
20190901_110027.jpg

Surely they move Manly to Brisbane.
Manly have no money, bugger all crowds and membership and poorest facilities.
Need a game every week at Suncorp.
Instant derby - MAROON and WHITE v MAROON and GOLD
Play half home games at Suncorp the rest wherever.
Storm and a couple of others will play a "home game" at Suncorp to ensure it's used 3 weeks out of every 4
Just call them THE SEA EAGLES with no state or city designation.

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Surely they move Manly to Brisbane.
Manly have no money, bugger all crowds and membership and poorest facilities.
Need a game every week at Suncorp.
Instant derby - MAROON and WHITE v MAROON and GOLD
Play half home games at Suncorp the rest wherever.
Storm and a couple of others will play a "home game" at Suncorp to ensure it's used 3 weeks out of every 4
Just call them THE SEA EAGLES with no state or city designation.

Manly have a good leagues club, decent sponsorship and have, from what I have heard, government funding for a new stadium. Imo the 9 sydney clubs represent key geographic areas. IMO if the NRL were to kick out or relocate a team from sydney it would cause massive issues with the fan base that they already have secured. My opinion on expansion is that they should expand to 22-24 sides and create a 2 division structure, similar to the super league or the SPL in Scotland

Greenstar5

All Australian
Jun 21, 2017
Canberra
AFL Club
Sydney
Great crowds to start the round. 20k on Thursday and 25k last night.

Think the NRL stuffed up with Melbourne. The Storm should have been away for the final round of the AFL, then play a home game during their pre finals bye week and then been away this week.

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
Great crowds to start the round. 20k on Thursday and 25k last night.

Think the NRL stuffed up with Melbourne. The Storm should have been away for the final round of the AFL, then play a home game during their pre finals bye week and then been away this week.

They did stuff up, but then 12,085 while 93k of us were over the road isn't all bad.

Back