2019 AFL Crowds & Ratings Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

GA for Friday is Q1-Q3 only...

I know its 4 days out, but given its an Essendon home game it will need an almightly Essendon turnout to get 80,000 plus wouldn't it?

It’s a Collingwood home game!!! Expect the army to be out in full force. At least 50,000 Collingwood fans would be in attendance!!! All we need is 30-35,000 Essendon fans to get a monster crowd! Will be the biggest turn out for the second meeting between the two clubs since round 20 1993 when 87,634 were in attendance

I'd say 85K is achievable. We have nothing to play for really, but I'm sure many will want to come along

Collingwood have top 4 to play for so I’m confident the magpie army will he out in full force!! Would expect 50,000 of our own supporters to show up! If it was pendles 300th game 90,000 would be in attendance with Atleast 60,000 Collingwood fans

I'd say 85K is achievable. We have nothing to play for really, but I'm sure many will want to come along

Nothing to play for? You're playing an arch rival in the Pies at the G on a Friday night, a sunndy day forecast; a win and you will stay 7th, lose and you will slip to 8th (assuming the Bulldogs win) meaning a loss will mean you could play Pies in a final instead of GWS. Plenty to play for.

Collingwood have top 4 to play for so I’m confident the magpie army will he out in full force!! Would expect 50,000 of our own supporters to show up! If it was pendles 300th game 90,000 would be in attendance with Atleast 60,000 Collingwood fans

Surely there will be 80,000 Pie fans there Friday night. You did have 30k of the 32k against the Dees apparantly. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a tough ask with Essendon not really able to improve their position too much nor miss out altogether but the weather forecast seems ok, Collingwood have it all to play for and the AFL Members is already sold out, so let's hope for a big one.
AFL members hasn't quite sold out, and I doubt it will. Its one of Collingwood's reserve matches, so it increases the chance of Member no shows.

Hopefully it gets to 80k, it absolutely deserves it. I'm really worried about how sparse the Ponsford stand will be though. Collingwood home games tend to have a large amount of no shows every week.

Nothing to play for? You're playing an arch rival in the Pies at the G on a Friday night, a sunndy day forecast; a win and you will stay 7th, lose and you will slip to 8th (assuming the Bulldogs win) meaning a loss will mean you could play Pies in a final instead of GWS. Plenty to play for.
Could even play either Richmond or West Coast in the first final if either side has a hiccup, so we still have plenty to play for.

66k for the Lions (brisbane only) on 7s main channel. Season high. Peaked at 98k metro.
Highest lions game rating in Brisbane since 2011
We need more games on the main channel. Disgraceful this Sunday's game is on 7mate up here

I'm really worried about how sparse the Ponsford stand will be though. Collingwood home games tend to have a large amount of no shows every week.

Appreciate your concern, but averaging around 61k for home games at the G against GC, WB, St Kilda, Fremantle, WC, Geel, Melb & Rich suggests this problem isn't really much of one.

Mars Stadium Ballarat only holds 11,000 but it dosent seem to ever sellout which is pathetic in a town of over 110,000.I think this experiment has been an abject failure and should be abandoned.The Dogs would get many more at the Western Oval if the same amount of money was spent on it.
Woopie! What all of 10,000?
Now you are just being snarky.

Just say it. It is not hard. Well done to the Bulldogs and regional Victoria.

A win against the pies and they have to travel for a final, or a loss against the pies and they have to play against the team that just beat them!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back