Essendon, where are they now?

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Well played Bombers.

Many stuck the knives in time and time again, but they made the finals despite a mounting injury list. Last weeks horrific loss is irrelevant now.

hk89

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We’re playing our 4th string ruckman. Don’t see why you’d try and downplay our injuries.

Because you were s**t at the very start of the year when your injury list was nowhere near this bad. Sure, injuries are the reason you are now getting completely smashed by dogs and port on your home ground, and falling over the line against Suns, but they are not the reason you are a mile away from being a top 4 side. You simply don't have enough top level talent, and some of the top level talent you do have is injury prone. The talent that isn't injury prone is largely mentally soft, and don't stand up when you need them. Besides Hooker and Daniher, who were the quality players you were missing from your round 1 12 goal pantsing from GWS?

I love that Essendon has made finals. Depending on the matchup, the first week of finals could be very similar to the Sydney vs Essendon elimination final, which was a highly entertaining demolition. Wouldn't even mind if they finally win a final, which will mean they'll be top 6 and have a chance of playing a few more of the top 4 teams twice, something they've had to do zero times this year based on the current ladder. Try making the 8 next year with a bottom 6 team percentage if you have to play any of the best 4 teams more than once.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Because you were s**t at the very start of the year when your injury list was nowhere near this bad. Sure, injuries are the reason you are now getting completely smashed by dogs and port on your home ground, and falling over the line against Suns, but they are not the reason you are a mile away from being a top 4 side. You simply don't have enough top level talent, and some of the top level talent you do have is injury prone. The talent that isn't injury prone is largely mentally soft, and don't stand up when you need them. Besides Hooker and Daniher, who were the quality players you were missing from your round 1 12 goal pantsing from GWS?

I love that Essendon has made finals. Depending on the matchup, the first week of finals could be very similar to the Sydney vs Essendon elimination final, which was a highly entertaining demolition. Wouldn't even mind if they finally win a final, which will mean they'll be top 6 and have a chance of playing a few more of the top 4 teams twice, something they've had to do zero times this year based on the current ladder. Try making the 8 next year with a bottom 6 team percentage if you have to play any of the best 4 teams more than once.
GWS
Collingwood this coming week

2>0

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon

Lol, speaking of melts

Spud Patrol

Team Captain
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
GWS and Essendon two weakest teams in the 8 imo
That's everyone's opinion.

We will finish 8th and play Collingwood with the only other outcome is the slim chance Brisbane win and Richmond finish 5th. Either way we are getting a 15 goal drubbing come the elimination final.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon

Serious melt this

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If they can get the miracle finish to play GWS week one, might get a win.

Slight chance to beat either the pies or tiges, but very unlikely.

hk89

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
GWS
Collingwood this coming week

2>0

I really worry about the reading comprehension of some of you Essendon dullards.

This is what I said, and what you quoted:

"have a chance of playing a few more of the top 4 teams twice, something they've had to do zero times this year based on the current ladder."

Then you tell me about GWS and Collingwood. Where are GWS and Collingwood both sitting on the current ladder? Are they in the top 4?

zero = zero.

I suspect folks like you are populating the Essendon board each time you review Dodoro's contact. Someone mentions he hasn't won a final in 17 years,
and he retorts with, "but what about 2009 and 2017, 2>0!?!?!11!", and the Bombers' board members nod their head in bewildered agreement, unable to refute his magician like abilities with numbers, and sign him up for another year of shitful recruiting decisions based on his clever sleight of hand.

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
I really worry about the reading comprehension of some of you Essendon dullards.

"have a chance of playing a few more of the top 4 teams twice, something they've had to do zero times this year based on the current ladder."

Then you tell me about GWS and Collingwood. Where are GWS and Collingwood both sitting on the current ladder? Are they in the top 4?

zero = zero.

I suspect folks like you are populating the Essendon board each time you review Dodoro's contact. Someone mentions he hasn't won a final in 17 years,
and he retorts with, "but what about 2009 and 2017, 2>0!?!?!11!", and the Bombers' board members nod their head in bewildered agreement, unable to refute his magician like abilities with numbers, and sign him up for another year of s**tful recruiting decisions based on his clever sleight of hand.

LOL keep digging, this nonsense is hilarious

Sep 12, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon

zero = zero.

and he retorts with, "but what about 2009 and 2017, 2>0!?!?!11!", and the Bombers' board members nod their head in bewildered agreement, unable to refute his magician like abilities with numbers, and sign him up for another year of s**tful recruiting decisions based on his clever sleight of hand.
There’s no guarantee this year’s top 4 teams are there next year though. As it sits we will’ve played two of the top 6 from last season who also happen to sit 5th and 6th on the ladder this year, given the ladder is based on 1-6, 7-12 and 13-18 seems curious you’ve picked top 4 when our double ups sit 5&6 and possibly 4&6 after this weekend. We’re unlikely to get more than two top 6 matchups and if we did perhaps they’d be the Hawthorn and Melbourne of this year?

hk89

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
There’s no guarantee this year’s top 4 teams are there next year though. As it sits we will’ve played two of the top 6 from last season who also happen to sit 5th and 6th on the ladder this year

Yes, draws that look easy at the start of the year can become hard, and draws that looked hard can become easy. The end of the season is the only point at which you can really assess how difficult a team's draw was. We are now 1 round from the end of the season, and based on the season so far, Essendon has not played any of the best 4 teams in the competition twice. This partly explains how a team with a bottom 6 level percentage is playing finals.

Back