Game Day Ports kick them in the Shinbones and run

Just complete trash.
Even pisses me off more we have the exact same percentage as the cows unbelievable and we are 9th just to make our weekend that much better.
We've got less % than the crows it's a very small amount that won't show up on some apps.

rogerjames

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
In hindsight this week's selection was a massive case of drinking their own bathwater and not really taking North Melbourne seriously as a threat.

#1: Playing Ryder and Ladhams against Goldstein when they were only in form because we played the two worst ruck teams in the AFL in the past fortnight.

#2: Going in with a very short backline against a 200cm proven goalkicker when we have Doogs in the reserves. Sick of players like Brown and Lynch and Hipwood taking us to town.

#3: Playing a very underdone Burton, I assume due to wanting to get his match fitness up in the AFL.
Yes, all 3 proved wrong. Agree we didnt give NM matchups enough priority. I'm a big fan of Doogs as a defender coz of his closing speed and spoiling quality. We also needed height back there.

Can understand why they stuck with ruck pair but agree with your point regardless.

rogerjames

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ladhams had more effective disposals, tackled inside 50 and intercept possessions. Both got smashed by Goldstein around the ground which is the main issue

Could’ve ground Goldstein down with Lycett & Ladhams working in tandem, Ryder had the physicality of a feather duster
Ryder use to be an aggressive player but things have changed. Whether that's due to injuries I don't know but his attitude and desire are very different to peak Ryder at Port.

rogerjames

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
That game was lost by the players. They didnt come to play. The coaches tried every move possible, it just didnt happen. Players you could rely on them , week after week, just put in a stinker, and many of them, hartlett, dbj, westoff, houston. The tackling tonight was the worst ive seem for a while. Felt like boys vrs men. Clearly the players played the game during the week, and had it won before they even rocked up to the ground. Lowest score of the season week before by north. Mentally weak players. Unfortunately some of the old players and leaders need to be moved on. One captain for a start next year. Not happy, think we are all shocked and feel numb. Ffs
Agree the players were pathetic

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Boston Celtics, Patriots
Ryder use to be an aggressive player but things have changed. Whether that's due to injuries I don't know but his attitude and desire are very different to peak Ryder at Port.
He doesn't want to be there anymore.
As much as i love him it doesn't excuse him from giving his all in every game.

B0ydmental

It used to hurt
Sep 18, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
That's a real shame. I remember that awesome pic of him turning up at training at 12:01 on the day his suspension expired. What are we doing to make these guys who were once so loyal like this? :(
Rydet, and monfries, should have taken the offer as port requested, but no, they went with Essendon. That cost us. The 12.01 thing was a gimmick.

Mikey13G

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2018
The People's Republic of Port Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Double ouch

10 minutes into the game I knew I had made a terrible mistake!

On the positive side Hinkley may be getting the sack soon so that would be worth $330 to me.

portly

Premiership Player
Apr 8, 2001
SA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
DBJ worst on ground.
Now this is what really gets to me. That game from DBJ was way out of the ordinary, an incredible outlier, so far from normal that I really wonder why.

In recent times his ability to get to contests, win them with composure then distribute the ball well has improved out of sight.

That effort was worse than the worst first gamer.

Which to me points to something was very wrong with the team that day. Emotionally, mentally, a combination?

And I couldn't understand why, when it was obvious that they were just chasing bums, they didn't go one-on-one.

Crazy game.

Now this is what really gets to me. That game from DBJ was way out of the ordinary, an incredible outlier, so far from normal that I really wonder why.

In recent times his ability to get to contests, win them with composure then distribute the ball well has improved out of sight.

That effort was worse than the worst first gamer.

Which to me points to something was very wrong with the team that day. Emotionally, mentally, a combination?

And I couldn't understand why, when it was obvious that they were just chasing bums, they didn't go one-on-one.

Crazy game.
I was watching the game 3rd level up behind the goals so I had a birds eye view of how our whole team was running and defending as a unit.

From what I saw, we had no urgency, put on no pressure on the ball carriers, had no structure at all and left a heap of space on the wings for North to stroll through.

North Melb at stoppages were set up perfectly and knew how to get out of areas with slick handballs and proper kicks. Meanwhile whenever we got the ball we just hacked it forward to nobody in particular. It was awful football.

I was watching the game 3rd level up behind the goals so I had a birds eye view of how our whole team was running and defending as a unit.

From what I saw, we had no urgency, put on no pressure on the ball carriers, had no structure at all and left a heap of space on the wings for North to stroll through.

North Melb at stoppages were set up perfectly and knew how to get out of areas with slick handballs and proper kicks. Meanwhile whenever we got the ball we just hacked it forward to nobody in particular. It was awful football.

The space on the wings was the key. Norf had players standing entirely on their own on the wing all ****ing day. I'd love to see their uncontested mark numbers.

Back