Preview Round 23, 2019: Sydney v St.Kilda - SCG, Saturday 24th August, 1:45PM AEST *2019 PRIDE GAME*

Who Wins?

• Swans

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • Saints

Votes: 9 37.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It won't happen but here's a range of selection options for the committee to consider

Ming preparation - Rowe ruck Marshall forward/ruck

Trade time - Acres and Newnes out for Marsh and Langlands

Speed upgrade - Lonie and Sinclair for Young and Parker

Lets see what they've got - Membrey for Mayo, Clavarino for Carlisle

Farewell old champ - Armo for Dunstan

Just to really annoy him - White for Savage

Worst outcome is that it will guarantee us Pick 5
Why not go all out and play Sandy instead?

Soft...

I'm not keen on tanking. That's a Melbourne thing.
Nah not tanking - no matter what happens on the weekend - we can't finish lower than where we are right now.

Draft position management is what I'm calling it.

Split Pick 5 and you get Pick 19 and 20. Split Pick 7and you get Pick 22 and Pick 23.

Swans are that team where the closdr you believe you are a beating them, the bigger the loss...

That's the spirit VDS......lol.

We cop bigger hidings down here than up there for some reason.

Nah not tanking - no matter what happens on the weekend - we can't finish lower than where we are right now.

Draft position management is what I'm calling it.

Split Pick 5 and you get Pick 19 and 20. Split Pick 7and you get Pick 22 and Pick 23.
Sounds a lot like tanking to me.

Maybe that's why Melbourne got away with it though? Just claimed it was "draft position management"

McVeigh's and now Jack's last game and possibly Buddy's 300th. Great.
Yeah it's night and day in terms of how much we have to play for. I won't say I'll be happy to lose but given the circumstances if we keep it tight and Sydney get up by a handful of goals it won't be the end of the world.

It won't happen but here's a range of selection options for the committee to consider

Ming preparation - Rowe ruck Marshall forward/ruck

Trade time - Acres and Newnes out for Marsh and Langlands

Speed upgrade - Lonie and Sinclair for Young and Parker

Lets see what they've got - Membrey for Mayo, Clavarino for Carlisle

Farewell old champ - Armo for Dunstan

Just to really annoy him - White for Savage

Worst outcome is that it will guarantee us Pick 5

Not one of those players you have suggested to come in deserve a game but hey lets just give them games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My changes this week would be;

In: Webster, Gresham.
Out: Dunstan, Paton.

Will be at the game on Saturday. Can’t wait to hit the beers and see which St Kilda show up.

I don't want to see us lose, but I think Armo at least deserves a Sayanora game now that all hope for the finals (improbable as it all was) is done and dusted. The bloke was good there for a bit, and love him or hate him, always tried his best in a team that was pretty much on the floor. Let him run out with Stuv for what is most likely his last game with the Saints too, and kiss 2019 goodbye as two of our guys walk into the sunset. Win or lose this game it barely changes our position. We can afford a bit of sentimentality.

Bring back cho for one last post game presser.

Struggling to care much about the potential result, but looking forward to one last outing from Battle, Clark & Marshall.

Buddy had about 7 shots on goal in the first quarter on Brown last year, so that would be fun to watch again.

We're really going to miss Mav's 1 kick and 5 frees against from our last sydney encounter too.

Swans by 71.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back