Hill Bros: Stephen Signed/Bradley wants out

Remove this Banner Ad

+ Saints 2019 first & 2020 first
- Hill & 2020 second

Or

+ Saints downgrade first round. A pick in the teens (2019) & 2020 first round
- Hill & 2020 second round

Only trades I'd accept. $900k is 2 first round territory. Saints and vic media will cry and say we're evil and selfish, but spare me, that money is definitely 2 first round material.
I don't think we would want a pick in the teens. There would be too much risk we would burn it on matching a bid for Henry

Sorry to disagree.

Top 2 this draft would have gone 6-8 last year.

3-10 this draft equals to 12-18 last year.
I agree last years draft was better but this year isn’t as bad as you make out but we can disagree. In saying this if Geelong come and want to swap Tim kelly for pick 5 would do in a heartbeat. But I don’t think that is going to happen so we need to make the best of the situation.

Pick 5/6 (might get pushed back by Tom green bid):
Hayden Young
21/6/01, 186cm, 80kg
Vic Country/Murray Bushrangers
Defender/Midfielder

Ash brings the dash. The speedy half-back lights up games with his line-breaking pace from defence. We saw that during the carnival at the MCG against Vic Metro when he darted through traffic on an 80-metre run, and again in the frantic final quarter win over South Australia, when it was Ash's brilliant get-and-go that kept Country in the game. Ash is strong and clever and can also shut down an opponent in a role that is highly regarded by AFL clubs.

Pick 6/7
Dylan Stephens
8/1/01, 183cm, 72kg
South Australia/Norwood
Midfielder

Stephens is a midfielder who can cut up teams with his left foot and relentless running. In the mould of West Coast star Andrew Gaff, Stephens plays on the wing and can impact a game by accumulation. He's a nice kick and doesn't waste too many touches and has also played at senior level in the SANFL. Stephens finished the carnival in great form, gathering 33 disposals, six tackles, nine clearances against the Allies to claim All Australian honours.

I don't think we would want a pick in the teens. There would be too much risk we would burn it on matching a bid for Henry
The deal must include pick 5. We should demand and get some sort of sweetener. Be it a second/third round pick or the proposed upgrade in 2020 (ie St Kilda first for Freo’s second).

Some chance although would rather not that it will incl. BHill > Pick 5 & Acres (with other pick swaps prob in St Kilda’s favour) but I’d much prefer the earlier mentioned options.

I agree last years draft was better but this year isn’t as bad as you make out but we can disagree. In saying this if Geelong come and want to swap Tim kelly for pick 5 would do in a heartbeat. But I don’t think that is going to happen so we need to make the best of the situation.

Pick 5/6 (might get pushed back by Tom green bid):
Hayden Young
21/6/01, 186cm, 80kg
Vic Country/Murray Bushrangers
Defender/Midfielder

Ash brings the dash. The speedy half-back lights up games with his line-breaking pace from defence. We saw that during the carnival at the MCG against Vic Metro when he darted through traffic on an 80-metre run, and again in the frantic final quarter win over South Australia, when it was Ash's brilliant get-and-go that kept Country in the game. Ash is strong and clever and can also shut down an opponent in a role that is highly regarded by AFL clubs.

Pick 6/7
Dylan Stephens
8/1/01, 183cm, 72kg
South Australia/Norwood
Midfielder

Stephens is a midfielder who can cut up teams with his left foot and relentless running. In the mould of West Coast star Andrew Gaff, Stephens plays on the wing and can impact a game by accumulation. He's a nice kick and doesn't waste too many touches and has also played at senior level in the SANFL. Stephens finished the carnival in great form, gathering 33 disposals, six tackles, nine clearances against the Allies to claim All Australian honours.
Nice debate.

Young will go pick 3.

Reading the tea leaves, Crows will downgrade pick 3 to the Giants. Shaw will retire soon. Plus, they will get Green.

I would like both Stephens and Young.

Would add Ash as well.

If you define a rebuild as replacing 2 players I guess you are right. Otherwise that reasoning is plain daft.

I look forward to you demonstrating your in depth knowledge of our lack of professionalism vs West Coast. No doubt you have intimate knowledge of the inner sanctum of both clubs.
Proof is in the pudding.. the result of the removal of CEO seems to agree with what I said.. but if you don't see how unpreofesional we have been since 1995 then that is ok

You don't get it and never will. Go waste someone else's time.
Umm ok.. I wasn't wasting your time. I am giving information as to why they dotn appear professional..

been there since day one… seen it all the good the bad and the pitiful way the club run from on high

Umm ok.. I wasn't wasting your time. I am giving information as to why they dotn appear professional..

been there since day one… seen it all the good the bad and the pitiful way the club run from on high
I don't remember our conversation but I suspect you made some claim for which you didn't give me all the information you had and expect me to give a **** that you knew something I didn't know you knew.

The deal must include pick 5. We should demand and get some sort of sweetener. Be it a second/third round pick or the proposed upgrade in 2020 (ie St Kilda first for Freo’s second).

Some chance although would rather not that it will incl. BHill > Pick 5 & Acres (with other pick swaps prob in St Kilda’s favour) but I’d much prefer the earlier mentioned options.
Acres actually has looked really good since Richo has departed. I reckon he might just be turning the corner on his potential and only 23.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't remember our conversation but I suspect you made some claim for which you didn't give me all the information you had and expect me to give a **** that you knew something I didn't know you knew.
umm no we had no conversation … you just quoted a comment of mine

GC = big money for S Hill. It's not junk journalism as GC have been widely reported to be interested in Hill.

It's been reported for a while that B Hill has approached Freo for a trade backto the Hawks. What isn't known is how interested are the Hawks.

Not sure, but I know St Kilda are in the mix for Hill, Bradley that is!
Hawthorn could use him, he appears to be a harder better player these days.

They'll want something really good for him, so whose got the bargaining power?

And as someone said, the draft is over rated, its the football departments that recruit and make clubs great, the guys who can find the guns, and get them when the time comes, at any number they want.
This day and age the draft is very uncertain for a guarantee of a really good player. Lots are duds

Not sure, but I know St Kilda are in the mix for Hill, Bradley that is!
Hawthorn could use him, he appears to be a harder better player these days.

They'll want something really good for him, so whose got the bargaining power?

And as someone said, the draft is over rated, its the football departments that recruit and make clubs great, the guys who can find the guns, and get them when the time comes, at any number they want.
This day and age the draft is very uncertain for a guarantee of a really good player. Lots are duds

I don't know how much more of that statement I can tolerate. I keep hearing it on here as if it's a golden rule. Overrated against what metric? The 'vibe' of football fans? Is there perception indicator you have access to?

It's such a ridiculous statement. There's a myriad of factors to consider when dealing with draft picks, it's an equalisation currency and it's value changes year to year.

Do we spend pick 6 this year on Levi Casboult? Just because lots of players are duds?

Pavlich, S.Hill, Nat Fyfe, David Mundy & Michael Walters were all drafted, our greatest ever players.

The challenge is to invest in identifying talent and trading for players at the right price. Hogan, Bennell & McCarthy, absolutely the wrong price. Brad Hill, Joel Hamling & Nathan Wilson great investments. That applies to selling as well.

You don't just spend draft picks because of a preconceived idea that 'draft picks are over rated'.

I don't know how much more of that statement I can tolerate. I keep hearing it on here as if it's a golden rule. Overrated against what metric? The 'vibe' of football fans? Is there perception indicator you have access to?

It's such a ridiculous statement. There's a myriad of factors to consider when dealing with draft picks, it's an equalisation currency and it's value changes year to year.

Do we spend pick 6 this year on Levi Casboult? Just because lots of players are duds?

Pavlich, S.Hill, Nat Fyfe, David Mundy & Michael Walters were all drafted, our greatest ever players.

The challenge is to invest in identifying talent and trading for players at the right price. Hogan, Bennell & McCarthy, absolutely the wrong price. Brad Hill, Joel Hamling & Nathan Wilson great investments. That applies to selling as well.

You don't just spend draft picks because of a preconceived idea that 'draft picks are over rated'.
Sounds like you're just accepting mediocrity..

Don't, miss the point about draft picks, it depends on how you are prepared to deal, sometimes just because you really think you need to high picks you don't offer up gold to get maybe!
That is what the point is , and you have to be like Bart Cummings know your horse flesh, some champions have come from way way back in the draft numbers, of course some famous guns have come in the top ten, the top ten now days means no more than the top one hundred, the pool has been diluted of serious elite recognised kids, with two new clubs the last few years, the pool has to supply another group now at a minimum of 80 elite footballers to all the AFL's teams first 22 . the whole 18 of them. See it puts a hole in the numbers therefore, it puts a hole in the standard of football capabilities, believe it.

Lots of studying and very good people are needed in footy clubs, and their football /recruiting departments, because you got to know the flesh and some look great but the other end of it when they become pro's then the real people stand up, and you are going to have a lot of failures, with the dilution.
Its a bloody fine line, good knowledge and some luck.

Think Stevie Johnson and Luke Hodge, old gunfighters , better than ten 18 to 20 year old maybes, recruited for purpose, lucky for Hawks Hodgey was a early draft pick success. But how good do you reckon Guy McKenna was I am not sure whether it was him or the blond Eagle Dean Kemp , check the club record I think he was picked past the 100 mark.

Don't, miss the point about draft picks, it depends on how you are prepared to deal, sometimes just because you really think you need to high picks you don't offer up gold to get maybe!
That is what the point is , and you have to be like Bart Cummings know your horse flesh, some champions have come from way way back in the draft numbers, of course some famous guns have come in the top ten, the top ten now days means no more than the top one hundred, the pool has been diluted of serious elite recognised kids, with two new clubs the last few years, the pool has to supply another group now at a minimum of 80 elite footballers to all the AFL's teams first 22 . the whole 18 of them. See it puts a hole in the numbers therefore, it puts a hole in the standard of football capabilities, believe it.

Lots of studying and very good people are needed in footy clubs, and their football /recruiting departments, because you got to know the flesh and some look great but the other end of it when they become pro's then the real people stand up, and you are going to have a lot of failures, with the dilution.

Think Stevie Johnson and Luke Hodge, old gunfighters , better than ten 18 to 20 year old maybes, recruited for purpose, lucky for Hawks Hodgey was a early draft pick success. But how good do you reckon Guy McKenna was I am not sure whether it was him or the blond Eagle Dean Kemp , check the club record I think he was picked past the 100 mark.

I believe you are speaking English but can anyone else understand what he is on about?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back