Oppo Camp Go Hawthorn and/or Brisbane (for one week only)

Remove this Banner Ad

More likely that Hawks win in Perth, considering Clarko knows how to dismantle his opposition, even if they are flying. Just look at his record against Collingwood, and what he did against the Cats earlier in the year? If Hawks want finals, they have to win this. Brissy probably pretending, unfortunately. Plus, it's a dead rubber, even if they want to finish top, and need to win at the 'G to win a premiership.

More likely that Hawks win in Perth, considering Clarko knows how to dismantle his opposition, even if they are flying. Just look at his record against Collingwood, and what he did against the Cats earlier in the year? If Hawks want finals, they have to win this. Brissy probably pretending, unfortunately. Plus, it's a dead rubber, even if they want to finish top, and need to win at the 'G to win a premiership.

I'm a bit more hesitant to write off Brisbane's chances. They have won 9 in a row and are coming off a galvanizing win against the team that's been top all year.

I think they're a big chance against the Tigers.

I'm a bit more hesitant to write off Brisbane's chances. They have won 9 in a row and are coming off a galvanizing win against the team that's been top all year.

I think they're a big chance against the Tigers.
Yeah Eagles had won nine games in a row in Melbourne too mate. I'd love to see it, but Brissy got smashed by the Bombers and Tippa earlier in the year, and after Eagles threw in their bundle when their feathers got wet, I suppose I have to be rational. Yes different teams, but it's reality. That said Comrade, I'd melt if they both lost, and we snuck into third. Who would finish second? Geelong? Ooopppfff. Slurp!!

Yeah Eagles had won nine games in a row in Melbourne too mate. I'd love to see it, but Brissy got smashed by the Bombers and Tippa earlier in the year, and after Eagles threw in their bundle when their feathers got wet, I suppose I have to be rational. Yes different teams, but it's reality. That said Comrade, I'd melt if they both lost, and we snuck into third. Who would finish second? Geelong? Ooopppfff. Slurp!!

Best outcome I think (however fanciful). I think 1 of the 2 of them could easily lose.

I'd argue we're a significantly different team now compared to those two rounds where we got smashed. We haven't let anyone score above 92 points since then, and no one above 80 points since the bye.

In the interests of being fair and balanced though, I'm tipping Richmond but hoping I'm wrong (just like I tipped Geelong and GWS).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks are a chance against West Coast. Probably should've knocked them off the first time they played and the seem to rise pretty strongly to a challenge. I'd really like to see the Lions get the win this week as well. Forget that it does us a favour, I need to know that at least one side in the top 4 can knock off Richmond.. if we can't win it all this year, I really don't want it to be the Tiges.

Still a bit disappointed we're in this position. Those Freo and Hawthorn games..

This will be the 1st time the Weagles and the Dawks have played at the new Perth stadium and only the Dawks 2nd ever game there (do they ever travel?) so it'll be very interesting to see how it plays out.

Thread title speaks for itself.

Join the fan club for one week only. Get your cheer on!

(Us beating Essendon would help too, of course.....)

I don't really care who wins those other games, as long at they're brutal.

I would not want Hawks in the Finals as we have Terrible record against them

A lot has to go their way for them to make finals. First and foremost, they need to beat the Weagles, then they have to rely on the Crows beating the Doggies in Ballarat.

Simply cannot see Brisbane defeating Tigers at the G. Tigers were sensationally good against the Eagles last week. No way they drop this game and give up a top 4 spot. Unless Grimes is out.....................then maybe that changes everything ;)

As for the Hawks, I have them about a 30-35% chance of causing an upset. Maybe the match against the Tigers has taken a toll and Eagles are flat against Hawks? Who knows, but here's hoping it can happen.

Let's not forget though, if we can't get the job done on Friday night, it doesn't matter at all what who wins what match for the current top 4.

This would have us finishing 2nd.

Collingwood by 100 +
Carlton by 100+
Brisbane to win by any margin
Hawthorn to win by any margin

Is anyone good at math that can calculate those odds? If it wins I probably wouldn't need this pesky mortgage anymore

I actually think the Lions have the best chance here. Top spot to play for because if they lose they could go down to 3rd. Hawks are NO chance in my opinion. Eagles will be out for blood and on dry home deck will obliterate the Hawks. People are quick to forget how good they were in that first quarter on the weekend. Lions have all the right match ups for the tigers and equally have the pace to burn them on the counter. Lions have also been exceptionally good on the road this year. They won in SA then backed it up with a smacking of GWS the week later in NSW. The Lions are top for a reason. Let's also remember their smacking of the Eagles in round 1.

With all this said, we still need to beat the Dons.

Simply cannot see Brisbane defeating Tigers at the G. Tigers were sensationally good against the Eagles last week. No way they drop this game and give up a top 4 spot. Unless Grimes is out.....................then maybe that changes everything ;)

As for the Hawks, I have them about a 30-35% chance of causing an upset. Maybe the match against the Tigers has taken a toll and Eagles are flat against Hawks? Who knows, but here's hoping it can happen.

Let's not forget though, if we can't get the job done on Friday night, it doesn't matter at all what who wins what match for the current top 4.

I actually thought they were getting a bit of a lesson.... until the rain came.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back