The Donny Pyke Farewell Tour

Remove this Banner Ad

What was the context of this quote? Because the baby boomers kind of f’ed a lot of stuff up for most of the planet.
It was something along the lines of "as you know, I'm from a generation of realists". I can't remember the exact context. I think he was mostly just talking about our form and how it's being perceived internally. It just stuck out to me when I was listening to him. Do boomers really see themselves as generation of realists? That's a scary thought.

It was something along the lines of "as you know, I'm from a generation of realists". I can't remember the exact context. I think he was mostly just talking about our form and how it's being perceived internally. It just stuck out to me when I was listening to him. Do boomers really see themselves as generation of realists? That's a scary thought.

Is Pyke technically a boomer?

I implore anyone to watch this week’s press conference with Pyke and not be anymore confused or disillusioned with his messaging at this club...

He’s starting to lose it

Yeah very confusing... So Pyke says he hasn't had conversations with individuals about retiring or playing next year, but then at another time he says it was difficult to have that conversation with Dougie... Which is it Don?
Dougie basically says the club told him they are going in a different direction and he's not required...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love to see us get whoever doesn't get the Freo gig out of Sumich/Longmuir and offer them Campo's job.

Given Pyke will likely get the sack by end of next year they would be in the box seat for a senior gig if they've been impressive.
Collingwood won't let Longmuir go to another club for anything other than the head job.

I implore anyone to watch this week’s press conference with Pyke and not be anymore confused or disillusioned with his messaging at this club...

He’s starting to lose it

What a painful, rambling, incoherent interview that was.

Yeah very confusing... So Pyke says he hasn't had conversations with individuals about retiring or playing next year, but then at another time he says it was difficult to have that conversation with Dougie... Which is it Don?
Dougie basically says the club told him they are going in a different direction and he's not required...

Players took wonderful things from the camp.

Keath will be back next week.

Tippett was a clerical error.

We lost field position today.

Burton will be an elite football manager.

He was a clear choice. But he is also learning on the job.

We had no choice but to sack Rendell.

Every club loses players.

We are not a boys club.

We were steamrolled by a powerful team.

He has hamstring awareness.

Board tenures of 9-11 years are perfect.

Lynch will miss 1 week.

We use just 5% of our mind’s capacity.

There are no lingering issues.

We are holding this media conference because we have a bye, not because you have questions.

He hasn’t banged the door down for selection yet.

In: Otten, Douglas, Mackay

Players took wonderful things from the camp.

Keath will be back next week.

Tippett was a clerical error.

We lost field position today.

Burton will be an elite football manager.

He was a clear choice. But he is also learning on the job.

We had no choice but to sack Rendell.

Every club loses players.

We are not a boys club.

We were steamrolled by a powerful team.

He has hamstring awareness.

Board tenures of 9-11 years are perfect.

Lynch will miss 1 week.

We use just 5% of our mind’s capacity.

There are no lingering issues.

We are holding this media conference because we have a bye, not because you have questions.

He hasn’t banged the door down for selection yet.

In: Otten, Douglas, Mackay
Pretty much a prefect summary of Chapman's reign. Should be printed on a full page in the Tiser.

Hart has had a go at defence in 2018, then forward in 2019.

2020 midfield coach - Ben Hart.

🤮

Then he can bring his all-round experience to the senior coaching role in 2021, after we sack Pyke in 2020 and an exhaustive search discovers that Benny is the best available candidate?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back