Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mulldogg

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Have just read on the AFL website that after Hardwick complained about the two decisions that went against the Riewoldt the AFL in their wisdom have decided to alter the interpretation, “ there is a need to adjust the interpretation of rough conduct free kicks relating to the use of studs in marking contests and will make this change effective immediately” Steve Hocking said on Monday.
Seriously that is un******* believable...

Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
Why is it when the big Vic clubs whine the AFL react, every ******* time?
$$$$$

Both Adelaide and West Coast practically sell themselves in their respective cities regardless of success, and the two lesser teams still aren’t really that bad in comparison to others in the league.

There seems to be a lot of Victorian fairweather supporters that come out when their side is doing well. The crowd from the Dees game on the weekend was a long way from the numbers that were showing up 12 months ago. Guaranteed the same thing happens if Collingwood or Richmond aren’t near the top, probably not to the same extent, but it’ll still happen pretty drastically. Moral of the story, keep the big Vic clubs happy.

May 8, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Its not like the studs up was a one off . 3 times it happened from reiwaldt and one sent sheppard to the bench in a lot of pain.

Not one mention of this 3rd incident .
I thought the whole idea of that ruling was to prevent injury now they retract it? I've given up trying to predict AFL house.

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
I thought the whole idea of that ruling was to prevent injury now they retract it? I've given up trying to predict AFL house.
They're not hard to predict, if a big Vic club whinges about something it gets dealt with quickly and with no fuss. If any other club whinges then it's just tough s**t. I mean we couldn't even get a meeting to clarify some rules but Jack and co have a temper tantrum and a rule is changed within a couple of days.

Jun 20, 2008
Rainy Park City
AFL Club
West Coast
They're not hard to predict, if a big Vic club whinges about something it gets dealt with quickly and with no fuss. If any other club whinges then it's just tough s**t. I mean we couldn't even get a meeting to clarify some rules but Jack and co have a temper tantrum and a rule is changed within a couple of days.

Hmmm, making up rules on the fly and retracting them/altering interpretation as we go into finals.

Just what I’d expect from a peak sporting administration.

Has professionalism written all over it.

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Riewoldt is using his feet to push out defenders. Its exactly why the rule was bought in. Campaigner was also awarded two marks that we had first hands on from in front.

It was bought in because of Toby Greene.
He pretty much kicked someone in the face and was using his boot to kick defenders away front on.

Personally, I'm glad they made the new interpretation.
We want to encourage high marks IMO.

Jun 20, 2008
Rainy Park City
AFL Club
West Coast
Next time we play Richmond, Gov and Barass need to just sit off the pack then come in with the boot out to push Reiwoldt and Lynch out of the marking contest. That will see the interpretation changed back pretty quickly.

Guaranteed, Riewoldt will never get pinged for this again, no matter how blatant and Greene-like.

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Was watching Footy Classified last night and Chad Cornes was giving us a massive pump up.
Said we were a man down, the conditions favoured Richmond and then bought up Richmond
not having to leave the Gee for 7 weeks. Said it was the biggest free kick given to any club in the league.

Caro then got really snippy with him about being biased against Richmond.
Cornes said "you cannot defend it Caro". Caro said "WC always have to travel".
Cornes said "not against a side that hasn't left their home ground for 7 weeks".
Well worth a look.

I'm on the Cornes train :D

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Did we witness a 2019 Grand Final preview yesterday at the MCG?<br><br>WATCH: Channel 9 | <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/9FootyClassified?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#9FootyClassified</a> <a href="https://t.co/hopEfRgHOn">pic.twitter.com/hopEfRgHOn</a></p>&mdash; Footy Classified (Footyclassified) <a href="">August 19, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back