Past #17: Jasper Pittard - delisted after 33 NM games/5 NM goals - thanks Jasper

Remove this Banner Ad

I was trying to think of the last player that we brought into the club that I originally thought would do nothing more than take up a spot on our list, but turned out to be one of the our more inspired trades, and the two names that came to mind were Mark Roberts and Peter Bell. After a nervy start to the season, Jasper has been a revelation down back and improved with every game. That run through the centre and pinpoint pass to Larkey was one of the best plays I have seen this season. It wasn't something I remember seeing in Port days or during the early stages of this season. Absolutely blew me away on Saturday night.

All of a sudden with Jasper and Atley down back and willing to take the opposition on, we look like we have a dangerous team forming.

I was trying to think of the last player that we brought into the club that I originally thought would do nothing more than take up a spot on our list, but turned out to be one of the our more inspired trades, and the two names that came to mind were Mark Roberts and Peter Bell. After a nervy start to the season, Jasper has been a revelation down back and improved with every game. That run through the centre and pinpoint pass to Larkey was one of the best plays I have seen this season. It wasn't something I remember seeing in Port days or during the early stages of this season. Absolutely blew me away on Saturday night.

All of a sudden with Jasper and Atley down back and willing to take the opposition on, we look like we have a dangerous team forming.
You can add Marley to that list of inspired trades.

What was it Pick#105?

Marley has been our best small defender by a mile.

I recall plenty of us here carrying on about Waite and Higgins coming in right?

Pittard has come in an played every game this year and been a consistent contributor. He is such a well rounded defender, can lock down, takes a good overhead mark, breaks lines and generally uses it well. The only glaring weakness is if he gets in a one on one wrestle, but given the position he plays he isn’t put into that situation too often.

There aren’t many times you are handed a best 22 player for free.

Thanks Kenny.

I recall plenty of us here carrying on about Waite and Higgins coming in right?
I was confident they were always going to play and be good players at worst. With Jasper I wasn’t even sure he would play a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nahas?

Nahas never really cemented his place in the team, he played 34 out of 73 games, although there was a time 2015 that it looked like he would.

Perhaps everybody's favourite Shane Clayton is another one. :) Was a consistent performer for North until about midway through 2002 (played 81 out 84 games) and won a premiership. But once the team began to struggle his weaknesses started to outweigh his strengths and he was in and out of the team.

So - I’m looking at getting a Jasper guernsey for preseason games and came across this cool note about the long sleeve guernsey’s background of which I know nothing!

- The Guernsey represents the clubs deep ties to Long Sleeve culture, symbolising the players and supporters coming together at the one place

Such a Jasper values statement

Anyhow - pretty cool and reasonably priced, just need to put a 17 on it;)

Nahas never really cemented his place in the team, he played 34 out of 73 games, although there was a time 2015 that it looked like he would.

Perhaps everybody's favourite Shane Clayton is another one. :) Was a consistent performer for North until about midway through 2002 (played 81 out 84 games) and won a premiership. But once the team began to struggle his weaknesses started to outweigh his strengths and he was in and out of the team.
True enough, but what I had in mind was pretty mcuh this ...
Probably the most my opinion of a player has changed once he put on the royal blue and white. I couldn't stand him at Richmond, but by the time he finished up here, I had heaps of respect for him and loved watching him play with obvious passion for us.
And he had more than his share of big moments from only 34 games off the scrap heap.

True enough, but what I had in mind was pretty mcuh this ...

And he had more than his share of big moments from only 34 games off the scrap heap.
Two spring to mind, both against the Tigers:

Kicking the goal that put us in front after trailing by 6 goals at half time.

Tackling Chaplin in the EF in 2015.

Maybe I didn't see much of him while he was at Port, but I've been pleasantly surprised by just how good Jasper's marking is. In high pressure situations where we've seen our other defenders fumble it (cough Macmillan cough), I'm now pretty confident Jasper will mark anything within reasonable expectations, been a nice change to feel that confidence about a player's marking.

So - I’m looking at getting a Jasper guernsey for preseason games and came across this cool note about the long sleeve guernsey’s background of which I know nothing!

- The Guernsey represents the clubs deep ties to Long Sleeve culture, symbolising the players and supporters coming together at the one place

Such a Jasper values statement

Anyhow - pretty cool and reasonably priced, just need to put a 17 on it;)

And there I was thinking long sleeve guernseys were for cold days or players with skinny arms. Or in Brad Plain’s case, hiding his tattoo from his mum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two spring to mind, both against the Tigers:

Kicking the goal that put us in front after trailing by 6 goals at half time.

Tackling Chaplin in the EF in 2015.
GOAT moments

Feels like a lifetime ago now sadly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back