News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Caro is suggesting Port have asked players to take pay cuts this year to fund business operations. Not to make Cap Space for recruiting a player. But to keep the business profitable.

Now that is bad enough. However the AFL fund the salary cap (it is not earn by the clubs is normal.operations but paid to them by the AFL), guaranteeing the players get paid regardless of the financial situation of the club. So Port are basically using this AFL funding, that should be used to ensure.players get paid,to post a profit this year, according to Caro.

If any of this is true KT and Kochie should be sacked. It is maladministration. If Caro is correct.

Anyone still look at their club as a better ran club as ours? China lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

So Caro is suggesting Port have asked players to take pay cuts this year to fund business operations. Not to make Cap Space for recruiting a player. But to keep the business profitable.

Now that is bad enough. However the AFL fund the salary cap (it is not earn by the clubs is normal.operations but paid to them by the AFL), guaranteeing the players get paid regardless of the financial situation of the club. So Port are basically using this AFL funding, that should be used to ensure.players get paid,to post a profit this year, according to Caro.

If any of this is true KT and Kochie should be sacked. It is maladministration. If Caro is correct.

Anyone still look at their club as a better ran club as ours? China lol

You spend a minimum of 95% of Cap but can stock pile that cap space and I believe must spend it

What is Caro talking about, the cap must be spent you cant spend it elsewhere

What the hell currency are the Hawks going to use to get that done?
Lots of expectations that Giants don't match on Cogs. Paton will be a Scully style salary dump, Cox won't cost more than a packet of chips and the rest are wants, not necessarily will happen. They think if they get Whitfield to agree to come over they'll trade this and next year's 1st rounder for him.

You spend a minimum of 95% of Cap but can stock pile that cap space and I believe must spend it

What is Caro talking about, the cap must be spent you cant spend it elsewhere
Good point.

Since the AFL fund salaries, should that not be treated like Grant funding and not used for any other purpose.

If Caro is correct, KT and Kochie should be in a fair amount of trouble for this.

Wonder what the AFLPA think of it?

So I got told the goss on Lycett a bit more. Blow up between him and Hinkley was cause Lycett got in an argument with Hinkley about how poorly they've been doing this year. Hinkley had words back and then Lycett made a comment along the lines of "well if you don't fix it you won't be here much longer" and talked about Hinkley's trigger clause for 2021, which is what sent Hinkley over the edge because he thought none of the players knew about it. Apparently it was revealed to Lycett prior to him signing to get him over the line ("don't worry, if it doesn't work out Hinkley is gone by 2020" type comment) and Hinkley was massively pissed this was the case and dropped him cause his nose is out of joint about it. So Lycett has gone "f this" and both aren't on speaking terms now. GWS and Essendon are the only two teams who've looked at him so far, for obvious reasons on both sides.

Retirement notices are coming pretty thick and fast now on AFL.com.

Sandi, Balla, Jack, Lewis, Rischatelli, Roughy, Thompson, Thomas, Delidio, Wright, Grundy, McVeigh, Smith, Grigg...

And yet, no news from the AFC on any of our over the hill players.

Typical!

This is what concerns me - we actually have to tell players to * off. No more snout in the trough, you had your 10+ years, now piss off!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You think any of those players weren't told there was no new contract on the table before they announced their retirement?

Yes but why haven’t we told any of our players they don’t have a contract for 2020 - have the tough conversation if you have got any balls. We must have a administration of eunuchs!

Yes but why haven’t we told any of our players they don’t have a contract for 2020 - have the tough conversation if you have got any balls. We must have a administration of eunuchs!
They club won't do anything until we've officially missed finals. If we haven't announced anything by finals we should be worried.

I'm actually shocked Ross Lyon has remained in a job for so long.

His defense-first game plan and mismanagement of young players is a disgrace.

A classic "too good for H&A, not good enough for finals" coach, like Neil Craig. IMO they're the worst type of coach because they linger like a bad smell with no success to accompany it, because they're always close enough but will never actually get there

They club won't do anything until we've officially missed finals. If we haven't announced anything by finals we should be worried.
Club knows finals is over. Obviously there is debate going on within the club how hard to cull. Chapman likely fighting against a hard cull. Guy has no ******* clue. Club should have finished an independent review by now. If Pyke is not the right person to carry the rebuild forward the club should be looking at the best coach before St Kilda, Fremantle and likely Powaa.

I'm actually shocked Ross Lyon has remained in a job for so long.

His defense-first game plan and mismanagement of young players is a disgrace.

A classic "too good for H&A, not good enough for finals" coach, like Neil Craig. IMO they're the worst type of coach because they linger like a bad smell with no success to accompany it, because they're always close enough but will never actually get there

So we'll be all over him if Pyke goes then :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back