Aussie killed in Canada with gf *murder*

Remove this Banner Ad

Finally some closure but still a lot of questions, it's been an odd investigation. After being on the run for awhile now, not surprised they have been found dead.

Yeah it still raises some questions, like why it took them so long to find them when they were just 8km from their burnt out vehicle and why were there so many possible sightings of them in Ontario? They also won't be able to find out why they did what they did unless they left some sort of note explaining it.

As you say it's not that surprising that they've been found dead though, there's no way they could survive that long in the wilderness without proper supplies.

It'll be interesting to see what the findings are. I'd be leaning towards suicide if both bodies were located in the same place.
I wouldn't have thought hypothermia given it's summer over there at the moment and both are apparently trained survivalists, although the water and nights can still be cold.
Plus if it was hyperthermia/starvation I wouldn't expect both to die in the same place. I'd expect one to push on trying to survive and shake the police.
Good riddance either way.

Are you thinking a 'manifesto'?
I wasn't in that comment but:
If it's the teens I won't be surprised if they find them dead by their own hands and their manifesto found somewhere.
What I meant was that they wouldn't leave things behind like cash and anything else they couldn't live without. If there was cash they'd know it wouldn't be deliberately left.

Hypothermia defintely possible if they'd been in the water as some of the search seems to indicate they had been.

Very strange. You wonder what the plan was. Perhaps it was to head by boat to Hudson Bay, but then what?

Will be interesting to see how they died. It’s a shame that unless there was a note or correspondence between them we won’t have a clue what they were doing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this you lot that the media is referring to today, as "amateur online sleuths"?

Interesting how this article is quoting (with quotes) social media or forum posts and not naming the poster handle or even the name of the social media site/forum. Anyone else got a problem with that?

While police in Canada hunted the two teen killers responsible for murdering three people, including an Australian man, amateur online sleuths conducted their own investigations. Across social media and in the depths of forums, wannabe detectives dug into the backgrounds of Bryer Schmegelsky, 18, and Kam McLeod, 19, and shared wild theories — including the belief that someone else was behind the seemingly random killings.

“There’s a murderer from Texas supposedly in Manitoba and no one is talking about it,” a man exploring the case on social media said.

Ok. I found the source of the below un-named source/poster of the quote below. Definitely wasn't one of you.

news.com.au only name the writer of the article as
staff writer
Has one of their journo's changed their name to "staff writer"?

In fact, the whole article today is just a recycled repeat of the same "staff writer" article in the Daily Telegraph form 4 days ago.

“There’s a murderer from Texas supposedly in Manitoba and no one is talking about it,” a man exploring the case on social media said.

“There’s a murderer from Texas supposedly in Manitoba and no one is talking about it,” wrote a Twitter user with the name Kristian Sullivan.

Ok. I found the source of the below un-named source/poster of the quote below. Definitely wasn't one of you.

news.com.au only name the writer of the article as Has one of their journo's changed their name to "staff writer"?

In fact, the whole article today is just a recycled repeat of the same "staff writer" article in the Daily Telegraph form 4 days ago.

Yes, the reason it was discussed 'online' (wasn't discussed offline at all... by anyone... ever...) is because these idiots at news.com.au and elsewhere reported it to us, including that the original suspect was a suspect and that the teens were possible victims. I'm suspecting news.com.au want us to buy their papers instead of reading news in forums, afterall, there's amateur sleuths in forums (online forums, not offline ones) and we know all they do is speculate, unlike the real media..... :crickets

Is this you lot that the media is referring to today, as "amateur online sleuths"?

Interesting how this article is quoting (with quotes) social media or forum posts and not naming the poster handle or even the name of the social media site/forum. Anyone else got a problem with that?

petedavo brought that guy up in this thread. ha haa!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back