The Official Charlotte Hornets (nee Bobcats) Thread aka the Hive

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm bullish about our prospects. We will play a fun to watch style, fast paced, lots of pullup 3s and dunks. It means that we may have really bad games when guys like Rozier, Bacon, Bridges are cold, but it also means we could steal some through hot shooting nights.

Kings came out of nowhere last season, with Fox pushing the pace allowing them to have a really well defined playstyle. I think we can come somewhere close to that. Monk will finally break out, he just needs to finish better at the cup. He should come in physically stronger, and once those layups go in more he'll feel more confident. He's a guy who should be able to score at all 3 levels.

Next year, if JB closes with Rozier/Monk/Bacon/Bridges/Cody I think we will have much better offence in the clutch. 4 guys who can all handle, drive, and shoot surrounding Cody. If all those 4 can play as average-above average starters, if playing off the bench can rejuvenate some of the vets(really our bench unit with Graham Batum Marvin MKG etc. should be absolutely killing some opponents) I think we won't be close to the dumpster fire predicted.

We will win half as many games as total games Cody plays this season IMO. So hopefully around 35. Next off-season a bit of cap space opens up. If one of Ingram/Levert/Brown/Beasley doesn't extend before FA, we could offer a fair bit and add another good young piece.

Last edited:
I'm bullish about our prospects. We will play a fun to watch style, fast paced, lots of pullup 3s and dunks. It means that we may have really bad games when guys like Rozier, Bacon, Bridges are cold, but it also means we could steal some through hot shooting nights.

Kings came out of nowhere last season, with Fox pushing the pace allowing them to have a really well defined playstyle. I think we can come somewhere close to that. Monk will finally break out, he just needs to finish better at the cup. He should come in physically stronger, and once those layups go in more he'll feel more confident. He's a guy who should be able to score at all 3 levels.

Next year, if JB closes with Rozier/Monk/Bacon/Bridges/Cody I think we will have much better offence in the clutch. 4 guys who can all handle, drive, and shoot surrounding Cody. If all those 4 can play as average-above average starters, if playing off the bench can rejuvenate some of the vets(really our bench unit with Graham Batum Marvin MKG etc. should be absolutely killing some opponents) I think we won't be close to the dumpster fire predicted.

We will win half as many games as total games Cody plays this season IMO. So hopefully around 35. Next off-season a bit of cap space opens up. If one of Ingram/Levert/Brown/Beasley doesn't extend before FA, we could offer a fair bit and add another good young piece.

You're far too optimistic...both for me, and for reality.

PJ looked good in his first outing even if it is only pre season. Hopefully Monk plays tomorrow

I think Rozier will be better for the team than a lot of people expect.

PJ did look good.
I must say after not analysing draftees or anything I looked at his height, position etc and immediately thought he'd be s**t.
Is that just being a hornets fan has made me jaded or was anyone else thinking the same?

Honestly been very impressed so far this year.

Yes theres been a few games where we've only played a half, but gee we have been competitive for the large part.

I certainly wasnt expecting a competitive outfit night in night out.

2 wins at this stage is probably exceeding expectations.

PJ and Graham standouts.
We might have the makings of something once we get rid of the aids contracts.

Last edited:
The best thing about how we've started is that every one of the young guys has shown improvement. One of our biggest issues over the last few years has been player development. Even Cody has improved.

I hope we can figure out a way to keep Marv. He's the vet that these guys need around to keep learning from.

The best thing about how we've started is that every one of the young guys has shown improvement. One of our biggest issues over the last few years has been player development. Even Cody has improved.

I hope we can figure out a way to keep Marv. He's the vet that these guys need around to keep learning from.

Love to keep Marv for mentoring but man he cost us a few times this season.

I mean it was probably the coaching (and Cody being out) but he was trying to guard KAT at some points during the Wolves game

Love to keep Marv for mentoring but man he cost us a few times this season.

I mean it was probably the coaching (and Cody being out) but he was trying to guard KAT at some points during the Wolves game

I don't really blame Marv for that, I blame Biz and Willy for being terrible and giving coach no other options. We really need a second C that is NBA standard.

I don't really blame Marv for that, I blame Biz and Willy for being terrible and giving coach no other options. We really need a second C that is NBA standard.

True but at least put one of them in for 5 minutes to bang bodies, rather than letting KAT waltz to the basket on Marvin.
They let it go on far too long too.

I agree, coaching issue first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enjoyable weekend for us Hornets fans :)

Young guys stepping up early.

Going to be a rollercoaster but definately an enjoyable patch.

Can we mention the p word?

I don't think so. Our record looks okay for now because we've played more games than every other team. I think we'll fall off pretty heavily late in the season because most of our young guys including Rozier are playing more minutes than they have before and will tire.

I don't think so. Our record looks okay for now because we've played more games than every other team. I think we'll fall off pretty heavily late in the season because most of our young guys including Rozier are playing more minutes than they have before and will tire.

Absolutely.
Ideally we dont make playoffs and get lucky with the ping pong balls.

I must say Mitch has drafted much better than Cho ever did. Miles is improving and PJ looks like a good get. Even better than that is his 2nd round picks. Devonte is obviously the standout but Cody Martin and Jalen McDaniels are looking like good picks too.

Hopefully we keep Batum and Biz on the bench the rest of the season and let the young guys get all the minutes. Getting a top 3 pick in the draft will be ideal too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back