Review Round 22 2019 vs North - the great humiliation

Remove this Banner Ad

My best sad reacts and lols from the game:

Sad react: when the game was over 5 minutes in 😢
Biggest lols: Hartlett getting a run in the middle/ tie with Wines playing against 3 North players on the wing

Matty broadband chasing zurhaar and the camera panning out as the distance between them increases by a metre with every step

Maybe it's better the roos game happened. Can we be trusted in finals? Imagine if we put up the performance we did against a hungry finals team. 119 would get a shake and we'd destroy morale for another 12 years
If it makes Port Adelaide react then it will be well worth it.
I’d rather miss out and sack the culprits responsible than limp in only to be bundled out “mission accomplished” thumbs up

I have actually come to the conclusion that it’s our onfield leadership.
Could tactics and gameplans change so much in a week?

Certainly didn’t help with a few selections but good teams hyperthetically could have lost those players mid or before match to injury and still won.
I don’t think that Ollie or Jonas are consistently outstanding like some other league captains.... they go missing too often.......
We need leaders that can change momentum
Boak could sometimes and I qualify that by saying if he had been left in the guts the last few years it might have been more than sometimes.
Who fits that description now in the team?

Commiserations on the loss and as a North supporter I know how frustrating a s**t coach is (Scotts).

So I'm here to ask, how would you guys rank from "best" to "worst" the following list.

S. Gray
Jonas
Bonner
Broadbent
Ladhams
Marshall
DBJ

Looking through your changes v Freo thread and this one, I have a vague idea (other than sack Hinkley), so if someone could take a moment that'd be great.

Commiserations on the loss and as a North supporter I know how frustrating a s**t coach is (Scotts).

So I'm here to ask, how would you guys rank from "best" to "worst" the following list.

S. Gray
Jonas
Bonner
Broadbent
Ladhams
Marshall
DBJ

Looking through your changes v Freo thread and this one, I have a vague idea (other than sack Hinkley), so if someone could take a moment that'd be great.

I won't rank them, but I only want DBJ, Marshall and Ladhams in the team.

S. Gray
Jonas
Bonner
Broadbent
Ladhams
Marshall
DBJ

S Gray - big heart, but does not have AFL skills especially goal kicking. depth player
Jonas - old a bit slow undersized KPD but has some mongrel. Got killed Saturday night but has some value
Bonner - too soft to play in defence. depth player
Ladhams - Will be a top 10-15 ruckman in the league. Only 21. Goldstein gave Paddy a bigger bath.
Marshall- a keeper. our CHF for all of the 2020's. Get him in the gym for 6 months.
DBJ - had a great year, a top 5 voter in this years B&F.

S Gray - big heart, but does not have AFL skills especially goal kicking. depth player
Jonas - old a bit slow undersized KPD but has some mongrel. Got killed Saturday night but has some value
Bonner - too soft to play in defence. depth player
Ladhams - Will be a top 10-15 ruckman in the league. Only 21. Goldstein gave Paddy a bigger bath.
Marshall- a keeper. our CHF for all of the 2020's. Get him in the gym for 6 months.
DBJ - had a great year, a top 5 voter in this years B&F.
Thanks for that, but specifically, how would you rank them from the game just completed?

The bests on the afl website I don't agree with, so looking for an informed opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for that, but specifically, how would you rank them from the game just completed?

The bests on the afl website I don't agree with, so looking for an informed opinion.
That's hard as I have wiped so much of the game from my memory but

DBJ did nothing so probably the most disappointing given he played in defence and the ball was there a lot.

Ok in order of best of a worst lot. These were probably the bottom 6 players.
Bonner, Jonas, Ladhams, S Gray, Marshall, DBJ

Not even close. We lost Ryder, Houston and Dixon in the second half of that game. That was a hard loss to take, but that was a seriously undermanned group desperately trying to hang on.

The North game was just a pathetic capitulation. Personally I think the effort in this North game was more pathetic that the 2007 Grand Final. At least Geelong were actually a good side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back