Preview Round 23, 2019: Sydney v St.Kilda - SCG, Saturday 24th August, 1:45PM AEST *2019 PRIDE GAME*

Who Wins?

• Swans

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • Saints

Votes: 9 37.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Yeah right on - why should he get a game. Seriously why would you recognise form in the two's!!!

16 possessions and 59 hitouts - shocking decision to give him a game.
So the opposition doesn’t matter? You have a simple way of watching footy. Our Ormond ruckman had better stats than that and probably played on someone as good as khan haratuku. He lived with me for 2 weeks in around 2007. Must be getting on. Might be wrong in the year but it was a long time ago.

By the way most of your selections this week didn’t recognise sandy form.

Sep 20, 2009
NSW
AFL Club
St Kilda
When Freeman finally got given a game it was such a great feeling. It was a bleak year with not much to celebrate. It was fun to have something to look forward to.
I think this selection is much the same. Ultimately the result won't change anything for the team, but one guy who has worked hard all year will notch up his 100th game. It's a feel good story. I have posted before that I appreciate sentimentality at the Saints, things like this make it feel like a footy club rather than a corporate brand.

Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St Kilda, Ocean Grove Collendina Cobras
So the opposition doesn’t matter? You have a simple way of watching footy. Our Ormond ruckman had better stats than that and probably played on someone as good as khan haratuku. He lived with me for 2 weeks in around 2007. Must be getting on. Might be wrong in the year but it was a long time ago.

By the way most of your selections this week didn’t recognise sandy form.
Wow - need to check my emails - I'm a selector now!!!!!

The thinking in this case is obvious - we are playing two rucks (Rowe and Marshall) to make it clear to our trade targets that we believe in that concept.

I mean why would Goldy or Ryder or any other ruckman come to us to play at Sandy!!

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Wow - need to check my emails - I'm a selector now!!!!!

The thinking in this case is obvious - we are playing two rucks (Rowe and Marshall) to make it clear to our trade targets that we believe in that concept.

I mean why would Goldy or Ryder or any other ruckman come to us to play at Sandy!!
Wowee. 21 games with one ruck. Not even a game yet with 2 and you are trying to claim some sort of victory or suggesting it will happen often next year. Maybe wait before you gloat or do you know I couldn’t be bothered telling you that you were wrong after the trade period. You do realise that nearly everyone would realise he is playing this week because it’s his 100th game not because of 2 rucks. Oh well claim it if you need to. Seems important to you

Buddy is playing. Confirmed by Club.

SCG will be rocking!

You bet...we’ve got Sam Rowe playing his 100th game while making his debut for the Saints in most likely the last AFL game he’ll ever play 🤣

Last edited:

kernelT

Can go any club
Aug 15, 2010
Chiraq
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Louis Slungpue
When Freeman finally got given a game it was such a great feeling. It was a bleak year with not much to celebrate. It was fun to have something to look forward to.
I think this selection is much the same. Ultimately the result won't change anything for the team, but one guy who has worked hard all year will notch up his 100th game. It's a feel good story. I have posted before that I appreciate sentimentality at the Saints, things like this make it feel like a footy club rather than a corporate brand.
I felt like I was on a journey with Freeman and the 5 years building towards a single game was a pretty exceptional effort, plus he still felt like (potentially) the future of our club.

A 31 year sam rowe playing his first and only game with us to reach 100 AFL games, not so much for me… I would much prefer any available experience be put into a player that may be part of the future.

I don't begrudge sam, but it's not like a farewell game for 4 time premiership player Jarryd Roughead.

I would get more joy from seeing a good game from White or Clavarino.

I'll cheer him on none the less. :thumbsu:

I felt like I was on a journey with Freeman and the 5 years building towards a single game was a pretty exceptional effort, plus he still felt like (potentially) the future of our club.

A 31 year sam rowe playing his first and only game with us to reach 100 AFL games, not so much for me… I would much prefer any available experience be put into a player that may be part of the future.

I don't begrudge sam, but it's not like a farewell game for 4 time premiership player Jarryd Roughead.

I would get more joy from seeing a good game from White or Clavarino.

I'll cheer him on none the less. :thumbsu:

Watch the video of him getting the game. The boys were rapt for him.
It’s these kind of things that enhance the culture of a club.
I honestly didn’t think I’d care one way or the other and actually posted it somewhere that we owed him nothing. But now that they’re actually doing it I’m really glad they are.

Aug 15, 2009
Geelong
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Liverpool
WTF? Just saw the Sam Rowe thing. Can’t imagine how that makes any sense at all. Last week we were too tall, so we’re bringing in another? The only thing I can think of is that Marshall won’t play.
We're looking for a ruck/forward to help Marshall out next year aren't we? I imagine we'll be playing Rowe in that role and seeing how it goes

Yeah maybe. Still sounds silly to me - we’ve got a class ruckman who can basically run out a whole game, and we’re looking to stop him using that asset?

A class ruckman we nearly lost to injury last week.
We’ll definitely be looking for a backup, probably not a bad idea to see what Rowe can do first.

kernelT

Can go any club
Aug 15, 2010
Chiraq
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Louis Slungpue
Watch the video of him getting the game. The boys were rapt for him.
It’s these kind of things that enhance the culture of a club.
I honestly didn’t think I’d care one way or the other and actually posted it somewhere that we owed him nothing. But now that they’re actually doing it I’m really glad they are.
The quiz video?

Nope, that doesn't enhance the culture IMO, looks like a country footy set-up.

The quiz video?

Nope, that doesn't enhance the culture IMO, looks like a country footy set-up.

Not the method of doing it, it’s a bit of fun, but the fact that the club shows a little care and respect for it’s players.

In any work place, an employee who feels valued will outperform those who don’t, to the ultimate benefit of everyone.

WTF? Just saw the Sam Rowe thing. Can’t imagine how that makes any sense at all. Last week we were too tall, so we’re bringing in another? The only thing I can think of is that Marshall won’t play.
From Wikipedia:

“After being selected irregularly as a forward during 2013, Rowe had a breakout season in 2014 when he earned a regular place in the Carlton team as a permanent tall defender – a position he had never previously played. His performances were strong enough for him to finish fifth in the best and fairest, and was elevated to the five-man leadership group in the 2015 season, and was a key member of the Carlton backline over the following years.”

Clearly he’s been brought in to curb Buddy 😎

Feb 15, 2002
Jackson-Steinem
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bluestar Airlines, Anacott Steel

I wouldn't be surprised if Carlisle misses

Drake Huggins

Club Legend
May 2, 2018
The ghost of the G.G. Huggins Stand
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Stoke City, Southampton.

This is an example of why we've been rubbish as a club. Give a token game to a guy who will be delisted. Surely Joyce or another kid deserves a game ahead of him. I'd rather watch Alabakis get smashed than seeing a Carlton reject get a token game.

What is the point? If he was a saint on 99 I could see the utility of one more game if only to qualify under the father son rule, but this is crap.

This is an example of why we've been rubbish as a club. Give a token game to a guy who will be delisted. Surely Joyce or another kid deserves a game ahead of him. I'd rather watch Alabakis get smashed than seeing a Carlton reject get a token game.

What is the point? If he was a saint on 99 I could see the utility of one more game if only to qualify under the father son rule, but this is crap.

You’re such a romantic! 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back