• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aislegi

Norm Smith Medallist
May 18, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah you are dead right. Our role players have improved, or we have been able to upgrade positions to a point where some are now unable to get a game. We still have roles and requirements of players and positions but every team does. We are still heavily system based though I think, which is how we pulled through all the injuries (plus we unearthed some serious talent). Probably why many claim we are a better side now than in 17.

For mine, 2017 is like one of those Cox Plates where you have a good winner but the placegetters and the also-rans hardly win a race between them in subsequent campaigning (and by campaigning, I mean campaigning)

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Didn’t get a kick against us GF 2017. Grimes, anyone can beat him by stopping him getting out the back.

Is Grimes agile enough? Who is going to stop Hipwood??

Remember most of the AFL teams do not have effective forwards lines.

Our defence has been weakened without Rance and Stack. It would be foolish to underestimate our opposition when it is not necessary and that is their strength!!

If we go ultra defensive on Brisbane to kill off their defence we could release Balta to exploit the slingshot footy scenario with booming 70 metre drives up to Lynch at half forward!

Mar 9, 2007
Way over yonder across the hill
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burnie United FC, Cheddar AFC
If Grimes plays on Cameron for the whole game he'll be lucky to score a goal.

Astbury will take - and beat - Hipwood.

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Balta is in red hot form and I’d play him this week due to the number of roles he could play for us including down back if Grimesy is struggling.

I’d bring in Balta and Cotch for Chol and Ross.

Kmac is another one that could get the nod because like Balta could push back if required. He could go with Hipwood when he he pushes high up the ground but certainly wouldn’t want him exposed deep where Astbury’s our man on Hipwood

Rioli gets another chance but needs to lift his work rate he’s not working anywhere near hard enough offensively or defensively.

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Hipwood would be too nimble for Astbury wouldn't he??
We’ll play plus 1 down back (Vlaustin) who along with Broad and Grimes will assist Astbury.

If Hipwood wants to push up the ground then Astbury let’s him go and stays deep. No way he can match him for athleticism but one on one deep Astbury’s as good as anyone

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Smalls need to start scoring. We don't have a big spread of goal kickers at the moment. A little to predictable going forward.

Rioli really needs to start impacting offensively.
I can’t remember a game where the small forwards have collectively put it together this year. Rioli in particular needs to pull his finger out. George for all the errors he makes and pain in front of goal is still working his arse off, Daniel isn’t

AJM3121

Debutant
Sep 13, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
lel Ross the Boss sacked @ Freo. Remember when our club used to be a cluster fk. Those were the days.
k84QCu.gif

Yep, ironically it was when Lyon was our Assistant Coach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smalls need to start scoring. We don't have a big spread of goal kickers at the moment. A little to predictable going forward.

Rioli really needs to start impacting offensively.

We had 10 goal kickers for 13 goals on the weekend, not bad

biaseddustyfan

|17🏆|18🏆|19🏆|20🏆|21🏆|22🏆|23🏆|24🏆|25🏆|
May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dusty

Remember most of the AFL teams do not have effective forwards lines.

Our defence has been weakened without Rance and Stack. It would be foolish to underestimate our opposition when it is not necessary and that is their strength!!

If we go ultra defensive on Brisbane to kill off their defence we could release Balta to exploit the slingshot footy scenario with booming 70 metre drives up to Lynch at half forward!

we could play george castagna on cameron

biaseddustyfan

|17🏆|18🏆|19🏆|20🏆|21🏆|22🏆|23🏆|24🏆|25🏆|
May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dusty
And Christensen is out, thats a massive plus for our backline. Hes been in hot form in the last 5 and was injured in the Cats game.

is a very high quality ducker, almost on joel duckwood levels. we always give away loads of frees to those pricks

RFCGloryJC

Publicity for Ricky Nixon and the St Kilda Girl
Jun 13, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Inter Milan, Real Madrid 👑
Cameron bamboozled the Cats because he also led into space as a marking lead-up forward.
Not just the crumbing goals.
Scored two goals from chest marks and set shots.
Have to congest the space.
The Doggies troubled the Lions when they nailed the long shots on the run from outside 50.
Rayner is dangerous on the HFF.
Most of all, McCluggage is in red-hot form, in the zone, have to hit hard.

Last edited:

Cotcho

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Everyone panicking/discussing how to stop Cameron have slightly lost the plot. Only way forwards have beaten us this year is when our midfield has been destroyed. Given our midfield should be the strongest it's been all year this week I can't see it being a problem at all. Biggest risk for the game is their pace out of stoppages with the likes of Zorko, Neale etc if we are not working hard enough or if Stef Martin happens to destroy in the ruck.

Big Unit 30

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🐅⏰
May 3, 2015
Playboy Mansion
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Cubs Blackhawks Fulham Ivanhoe FC
is a very high quality ducker, almost on joel duckwood levels. we always give away loads of frees to those pricks
I do believe after what I saw Sunday that Shuey has taken Duckwoods mantle as games greatest stager.
Would like Essendon to win and keep Cotchin and Grimes in cotton wool for finals.

RFCGloryJC

Publicity for Ricky Nixon and the St Kilda Girl
Jun 13, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Inter Milan, Real Madrid 👑
Obviously Neale and Zorko are important.
Zorko scored a great goal on the run.
Played forward against the Cats, in defence against the Dogs.
Those two, McCluggage and Cameron are the top priorities to counter.
Didn't expect Nank to play, looked slow.
Cotchin replaces Ross, who had limited game time.
Sol-Chol ruck, no other changes.
Doggies troubled the Lions in the 3Q, nailed shots on the run from outside 50, didn't give them time to set up.

Rocco sifreddi

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Everyone panicking/discussing how to stop Cameron have slightly lost the plot. Only way forwards have beaten us this year is when our midfield has been destroyed. Given our midfield should be the strongest it's been all year this week I can't see it being a problem at all. Biggest risk for the game is their pace out of stoppages with the likes of Zorko, Neale etc if we are not working hard enough or if Stef Martin happens to destroy in the ruck.
100% agree its not rocket science get smashed in the middle and cameron will have a day out.
Our midfield is at its best so we should be able to cut the supply to their forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back