Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ted gets Kane on reach and well pretty much everything that counts in boxing.

Maybe Kane didn’t mean that “ring”
Nah Kane just keeps dodging and running around the ring until Ted gets too tired and needs a sit down

Ted gets Kane on reach and well pretty much everything that counts in boxing.

Maybe Kane didn’t mean that “ring”

But what other kinds of rings are there Edward?

Nah Kane just keeps dodging and running around the ring until Ted gets too tired and needs a sit down

I can vividly picture an exhausted Ted at the end of round 1 lamenting to his coach “ b b b b but he won’t stay still so I can punch him? Ted not like people who not stay still”

Nope. That was the question, plus Kane asking if Ken was wondering if getting that extra 700-800k player would have helped team performance. Not sure where that money comes from after paying Motlop and rockliff wasted money.
Hinkley leaks TPP underspend to Kane right when he is under greatest pressure. Dorothy Dixer if I have every seen one.

I really do wonder how much Kane would love the Club if Ken and his brother were no longer employed.
I'm sure he's got some fondness for the club having played 300 games for it, but he'd be loving the club being a bleak meme making machine of recent times. He doesn't have to try hard to get stories that are controversial. The worst result for him would be both SA clubs getting new coaches and becoming stable on and off field.

• Paul Roos — played with Ken

Roos is actually one of the few who has put the heat on Ken. Said again last night that we are the biggest underachievers in the league and that it's ridiculous that we've only played 1 final in 5 years.

Roos is actually one of the few who has put the heat on Ken. Said again last night that we are the biggest underachievers in the league and that it's ridiculous that we've only played 1 final in 5 years.

That’s a relief. I saw him on On The Couch not long ago and he was slurping the ‘yOuNg TeAm’ koolaid.

That’s a relief. I saw him on On The Couch not long ago and he was slurping the ‘yOuNg TeAm’ koolaid.

He's been pretty consistently critical of us for some time. He also talks about how we change our game style every year which doesn't give the team a chance to grow and develop properly. He doesn't directly put it on Ken but it can only be taken that way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just heard HH on aa and sheesh the only conclusion I got was that the boys were ready to go but Nth Melb played different brilliant football.
I then said to myself, "we were out coached by a novice on L plates and trainer wheels.

This from the Hamish Hartlett having a hell of a laugh walking towards his starting position moments before the bounce? The same Hamish Hartlett that then proceded to jog towards his first chance of getting the ball allowing Ziebell to totally embarrass us and him? And the same Hamish Hartlett who then played like a scared little school boy the rest of the game?

Yeah, he needs a mirror. Shouldn't be commenting on what is required to win when he obviously hasn't any clue whatsoever.

Just heard HH on aa and sheesh the only conclusion I got was that the boys were ready to go but Nth Melb played different brilliant football.

Unfortunately this is what I’ve also heard.

That the team prepared for a North Melbourne that was the polar opposite of the studied gamefilm and scouting dossiers, and that the coaches were powerless to resist it given the era of limited runners.

Now, I’d like to find it hard to believe that our coaches and players could be that whamboozled by ‘IT TURNS OUT THEIR TALL PLAYERS ARE ACTUALLY QUITE A BIT BETTER THAN OURS!’ — Hinkley is coaching at the top of his game after all — but yeah. Here we are.

Scotty Burns anyone?
Burns joins Gary O'Donnell, Peter Summich, Lee Tudor, John Blakey etc talked about a lot for many years but never really applied for a gig and has missed the train.

Unfortunately this is what I’ve also heard.

That the team prepared for a North Melbourne that was the polar opposite of the studied gamefilm and scouting dossiers, and that the coaches were powerless to resist it given the era of limited runners.

Now, I’d like to find it hard to believe that our coaches and players could be that whamboozled by ‘IT TURNS OUT THEIR TALL PLAYERS ARE ACTUALLY QUITE A BIT BETTER THAN OURS!’ — Hinkley is coaching at the top of his game after all — but yeah. Here we are.

Maybe Ken can't bring himself to own a selection blunder or three and not throw players generically under the bus, out of fear of creating an "out" for every other time the players feel under the pump.

Ken wants to pick on a player, why not aim squarely at HH's first effort. Senior player and all. Let Hammer own that publicly, he's a leader and needs to live the example. THEN, coach, maybe own up to a blunder or three of your own. Might be a slightly psychologically healthier way to live for all concerned.

Some demoralising reading in this morning Monopoly Times.
  • Karl Amon may want a move back to Victoria.
  • St Kilda interested in Paddy Ryder. Ryder was probably going to move but it is never good to read about players leaving.
  • Players asked to roll their salary over to cover a shortfall. This is a real worry as I thought we were past this s**t.
  • Ancient history but looks like we could not pay Chocco out when his contract was terminated. Not a good look.
Going by today's news even if we did decide to sack Hinkley we would struggle to find the funds to pay his contract out. I guess that is why the AFL still has on it's financial watch list.

The rollover of player salaries. My bet is that we are running the risk of spending under the salary cap minimum next year and we need to rollover spend to reach the minimum. We must be planning to lose a few highly paid players, and we are not chasing a big fish. Yes, we have no money. Boak will play in 2020. Yes, this is all being done because we have no money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back