AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

A bit of grand final ticket news:

Just had the AFL membership department confirm to me that competing gold AFL members of Collingwood and Richmond are not guaranteed a ticket if it's a Collingwood V Richmond grand final due to both clubs having a high amount of gold member allocation. However it will be highly likely gold members of both clubs will get one.

They also confirmed that Richmond and Geelong have about 3,000 Gold members each.

Does anyone know how many total seats were allocated to all Gold members in the AFL members reserve last year (2018 GF) before corporates and staff got their hands on them?
So if Collingwood have 7k, Richmond 3k, where do the remaining 4K go from last years total 14k Gold allocation..?? Absolute rort

Just tried to buy a ticket for next Friday night's game Collingwood vs Essendon at the G and ticketek says AFL members area is fully exhausted. Does that sound right? I know its a big game, but I would be very surprised if its completely sold. I might have to give them a call, but just wondering if anyone else has tried to buy tickets for that game recently?

Sounds right. They flog off seats to anyone and everyone now so unsurprised it's unavailable.

AFL members is ****ed. I feel for Silver

Just tried to buy a ticket for next Friday night's game Collingwood vs Essendon at the G and ticketek says AFL members area is fully exhausted. Does that sound right? I know its a big game, but I would be very surprised if its completely sold. I might have to give them a call, but just wondering if anyone else has tried to buy tickets for that game recently?
Wait until tomorrow. I think more tickets will be released. That's what usually happens.
Once I panic bought seats in Level 4, Row BB, but then found many more desirable seats were released for sale on the Monday.

Wait until tomorrow. I think more tickets will be released. That's what usually happens.
Once I panic bought seats in Level 4, Row BB, but then found many more desirable seats were released for sale on the Monday.
Yea, it's basically when the GA and corporate seats get re-released. Can normally get some Level 2/2A seats if the function rooms aren't sold out.

Thanks for the replies. Got confirmation from ticketek that it is indeed sold out in afl members. No indication as to whether more may become available. I assume I may be able to scan in for standing room on the night also though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the replies. Got confirmation from ticketek that it is indeed sold out in afl members. No indication as to whether more may become available. I assume I may be able to scan in for standing room on the night also though.
Just had a look and there is heaps of level 4 middle and back. They release sections on an as needed basis. You can't trust answers from Ticketek because you might be talking to the girl who does Lion King and has no idea how MCG works and just reads the same message you were getting.

Just had a look and there is heaps of level 4 middle and back. They release sections on an as needed basis. You can't trust answers from Ticketek because you might be talking to the girl who does Lion King and has no idea how MCG works and just reads the same message you were getting.
Thank for checking, will have another look. My initial assumption was they hadn’t yet opened up all of level 4 for sale, and it sounds like that must be the case. While it should be a good crowd it doesn’t feel like it should be a complete sell out a week in advance!

They need to stop letting high $$ club members upgrade to seats in the AFL member for away games

Level 2 is full of West Coast supporters who don’t know their way around walking up and down aisles trying to find their seats today.

Wait! Dont tell me someone called this disgrace of a company and got through

They need to stop letting high $$ club members upgrade to seats in the AFL member for away games

Level 2 is full of West Coast supporters who don’t know their way around walking up and down aisles trying to find their seats today.
I said this at the Hawks game and got scoffed at.

It is real

I've given up going to a grand final as a non support gold. The reduced capacity + ticketmaster queue means ill never go again.

Maybe i will start flogging tickets off for profit until i lose the thing
Just sign up as a Collingwood AFL gold member. You'll greatly increase your chances of going to the GF.

I'd even take it if they remove a bay or two from boundary to rafters.

Just ensure the actual AFL Members zone is allocated exactly for that. Not knowing how early to book every week, even struggling to get a seat based completely on what club they've flogged tickets off to is just annoying and not what you pay for.

Just have categories.

Shitkicker games with an expected crowd under 40,000: silver +4 guests, gold +4
40-55,000: silver +2, gold +4
55-75,000: silver +1, gold +3
75,000+: silver +0, gold +2

Finals is basically very limited, no more than two passes at most for even gold holders.

It's unfair to pay for a premium product that should have some form of consistency and insurance. Why should you be penalised even in a small way? If you enjoy sitting in the pocket, five rows back, and pay 400 bucks a year for it... you should be able to (within realism). Why should you be inconvenienced just because Hawthorn v West Coast gets 42,000 but heaps of WCE flogs over taking up 3,000 extra AFL seats, but 42,000 of Melbourne v Bullies has just a normal spread of actual AFL Members.

I'm biased as I'm Gold/Full. They should just tier each selling window per game.

9am - Full Member On-Sale - NO guest passes
10am - Silver Member - NO guest passes
Midday - Every man and dog + guest passes

That'll sort this crap out once and for all.... well, maybe not the giving swathes of free seats to corporate and interstate free loaders... They should give them nosebleeds at either goal end.

The AFL should just have a few bays that's exclusively for themselves.

In that is AFL players, coaches, staff and their family. Corporates who aren't in boxes. And tickets flogged off to club members for a profit.

Because as it is right now, it's just the zone for the AFL to appease their sponsors and mates and employees and us who pay for it are the complete suckers who are seen as a 'woah, they're buying this s**t!' bonuses.

The AFL should just have a few bays that's exclusively for themselves.

In that is AFL players, coaches, staff and their family. Corporates who aren't in boxes. And tickets flogged off to club members for a profit.

Because as it is right now, it's just the zone for the AFL to appease their sponsors and mates and employees and us who pay for it are the complete suckers who are seen as a 'woah, they're buying this s**t!' bonuses.

Agree. M/N/P/Q18-20 or whatever should be flog/freebie area that the AFL legally scalp with.

In hindsight, it would probs be M/N/P/Q18-23...essentially half the AFL "members" area

I'm biased as I'm Gold/Full. They should just tier each selling window per game.

9am - Full Member On-Sale - NO guest passes
10am - Silver Member - NO guest passes
Midday - Every man and dog + guest passes

That'll sort this crap out once and for all.... well, maybe not the giving swathes of free seats to corporate and interstate free loaders... They should give them nosebleeds at either goal end.

That's effectively what they've just announced with this year Prelim finals.

As a 6 year AFL Silver member it's a bit annoying now that despite having access to both Prelims as a Richmond supporter in 2017 & 2018 I will unlikely to be able to attend one in 2019 if they make it.

That's effectively what they've just announced with this year Prelim finals.

As a 6 year AFL Silver member it's a bit annoying now that despite having access to both Prelims as a Richmond supporter in 2017 & 2018 I will unlikely to be able to attend one in 2019 if they make it.
Annoying but fair. You can be a silver member at the drop of a hat, full members consistently get shafted in the AFL members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back