New CEO, New List Manager

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't mind:

Brayshaw as CEO
Bell as general king maker and does whatever he wants (i.e. current role)
JLo as head coach
Hale as senior assistant (mids or forwards)
Sumich as development coach/list manager (with a numbers geek assisting)

And, the above is all possible too

Brayshaw would be a great get.
Bit of a carrot for Angus to come over too ;)

well like clockwork

unfortunately I think having Andy might actually hurt us because he might want to avoid a conflict.

You could draw clear lines as to where the CEO's influence is on football related matters couldn't you? I think conflicts of interest can be avoided. Not sure though.

Hopefully it's not a factor because I would love Mark Brayshaw on board, super person.

he is as qualified for CEO as he was for GM.

Peter "white ant" Bell won't stop until he is CEO.

Odd that many were saying Ross couldn't be held totally accountable for team performance because there were other people and factors involved.

Now apparently Bell is the cause of everything.

Honestly it is extremely worrying to me where they are going to go with the list manager.

As much as I am loath to give credit to Tom Morris and his ilk, if what he reports regarding Bell appointing Micallef (alledgedly contrary to Lyon's recommendation) then having him be a complete disaster and bungling an attempt to replace him is true... Doesn't exactly fill you with confidence that he knows what he is doing.

It is even more concerning to me that Lloyd and Lyon did not get along towards the end - maybe I am biased but I think recruiting has been a huge failure and this indicates to me that Lyon was perhaps hammering this point.

Hopefully it is onwards and upwards though.

Yeah, the list manager issue is approaching a pretty dire status at the moment.

We went into the 2018 trade & draft period without one and it turns out that the one we put into that position is viewed incompetent internally, even if that's not true.... So we're hurtling towards one of our most important trade/draft periods in recent memory with an employee we don't want handling it.

I'm not sold that Bell was complicit with Rosich in driving the recruitment of Hogan, my impressions were that Bell was against the price we had to pay. The trade for Hogan screams of a marketing coup by Rosich & Rosich alone given his status as acting 'List Manager', which in hindsight screams of an ego play given the cereal box sheriff's badge he'd placed on himself.

Hence why he was shown the door yesterday, some irrational decisions made beyond his title and over-reaching his position.

I mean the timeline of events has Bell being re-signed as Head of Football on the 31st of July, with the article detailing Bell being likely thwarted in his recruitment of Kodituwakku by Rosich on the 6th of August.

Also, Hogan's navicular re-injury was confirmed on the 19th of July, so if he really was a driving force in bringing Hogan over, then that's an odd time to be rewarding someone for a low percentage / high risk recruitment that ended up becoming the worst case scenario.

I'll hazard a guess that Alcock had been receiving opinions on a number of club & list management strategies from team Bell that directly conflicted with those of team Lyon/Rosich. And by July this year, the board & Alcock had enough evidence on which horse was the right one to bet on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You want to know how bad things are off-field at Freo?

The board tried to get Trevor Nisbett to replace Rosich last year.

Source? Jon Anderson from The SuperFooty Podcast with BT and Mark Robinson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You want to know how bad things are off-field at Freo?

The board tried to get Trevor Nisbett to replace Rosich last year.

Source? Jon Anderson from The SuperFooty Podcast with BT and Mark Robinson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Everyone here hates him but he runs just about the strongest football club in the AFL. Not sure if thats a sign of bad things at the club to be honest

Going to have the issue of coin. After ross gets his payout we are going to be paying the afl a soft cap penalty.
We are going to be broke & begging the AFL for money in 12 months time.

Going to have the issue of coin. After ross gets his payout we are going to be paying the afl a soft cap penalty.
A few hundred grand. A pittance. Would the WAFC rather we not be successful long term* (and cost them vastly more money) or just accept that for one season they will be down a small percentage?

*Actually some of them probably would, having never got past the idea of Freo only existing as Victorian attempt to stymie the success of the Eagles. The sooner all the people involved around that time are either too old to be in administration, or dead, the better off we'll be.

Last edited:

The club isn`t short on money. If we have to pay for exceeding the soft cap it won`t be a major issue.
Also, with all the talk of reduced membership revenue we`ve only gone back to the levels we had at Subi in 2017, so it`s not a major deal.
Of course I expect there will also be renewed optimism once we get a new coach on board.

Trump has no problem firing people. There will be a new coach every second week.
Did you know that all his “You’re fired” scenes on the apprentice were filmed in an empty room? He was too scared to actually fire people to their face.

Thank you for subscribing to random Trump facts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back