Recommitted Todd Goldstein [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd offer, even with Draper staying.
Draper is unlikely to get on an AFL park in 2020. Will need recovery time (proper recovery time Essendon), and then will need a good chunk of VFL to regain touch.
Could be a late season debut at best.

In the meantime another season relying on TBC's body is a big risk

2020 - Goldy - TBC - Draper recovers
2021 - Goldy - Draper - TBC
2022 - Draper - see where Goldy & TBC are at...may need to draft in some more depth by then
The Age is reporting you're chasing Ryder.

Goldy would be a much better option - a better ruckman and more durable.

Player ratings have Goldy as number 1 player in the AFL from rounds 15-22. He is back to his best.

The Age is reporting you're chasing Ryder.

Goldy would be a much better option - a better ruckman and more durable.

Player ratings have Goldy as number 1 player in the AFL from rounds 15-22. He is back to his best.
Agree
A better fit too. Both in terms of style and....history.

Ryder smacks of seeing the end and not the journey
Bring him "home," win a flag, sing Kumbaya and it's happy days.

Club did wrong by him
Player did wrong by club in the fallout
And a number of our supporters would have to stop booing him too.

Far prefer Goldstein.
Tapping it down to the likes of Merrett, Shiel, Stringer and co would be nice viewing. Best ruckman we'd have had since Madden.

Really hope it's not Geelong because I can't see them offering enough to get us a decent pick
You probably should have given him a big enough contract to make him restricted then.

Want him. Have the currency and cogs cash spare.

Won’t happen though, cause Leon.

If he does go, the contract value will be a good test of the FA system given his age and quality.

He will be 31, but you'd think his contract's likely to be $700k+.

It probably hasn't happened before from memory?

Wells may be the closest example as a second rounder compo, but I think Todds contract is likely to eclipse it by a fair bit (Wells was $500k).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he does go, the contract value will be a good test of the FA system given his age and quality.

He will be 31, but you'd think his contract's likely to be $700k+.

It probably hasn't happened before from memory?

Wells may be the closest example as a second rounder compo, but I think Todds contract is likely to eclipse it by a fair bit (Wells was $500k).

Guaranteed base money is a key component in calculation then you get addition value if 25.. at 31 that will not happen. .. Add up all the players 25 and older in order .. Dangerfield , Franklin etc in order ..and where does GSt contract fit?. ..
How many players in the afl 25 and older ? 200? It would mean GSt base contract would have to be in the top 30 players 25 and older to get a end of R1. If its 400 then the top 60 players

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back