No Oppo Supporters The Melt Thread - 2019 Edition (Rules Strictly Enforced - See Post 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 20, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
For the love of God that we have to have a Mod come in and police this thread.
Some people just won't leave other people alone to have a meltdown. Even here they have to come in and police what they think is their own "correct" opinion.
Go Away and practice accepting that some people have a different opinion to you and this is where they are supposed to be allowed to come to just scream because maybe it releases a bit of the angst.
(Screams) - Just leave me alone to vent!
Exactly. Happy to get as good as I give in any of the many other threads on this board, but this is the place to come and just give an irrational barrage of words to get stuff off one’s chest.

Achin joints

Senior List
Jun 21, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sacking Ross at this point is sheer lunacy ,this is not the result of having balls but the absolute opposite ,giving in to an extremely aggressive media campaign with an agenda .if we sink into the abyss, who's head should we demand next ,the new coach ,Bell,Alcock or the whole bloody lot ,I do sincerely hope we come good ,be warned new coach you will be serving two masters ,the Fremantle football club and the West coast media

StingBitten

The Midland Steal
May 31, 2012
Bayswater
AFL Club
Fremantle
Last night I had a dream we had no coach, no CEO, my favourite two Indigenous players leaving plus a white guy I don't mind and two of the greatest midfielders in the comp going to top-end teams instead of us. Plus this dude who looks like he should run a carrot farm with a weazley voice similar to Edgar Cooke coming in as the frontrunner to take the helm. But then his body turned into Jeff Farmer pulling down some Saints noob who kicked it to this lanky bloke who always looked freezing with his long sleeve Guernsey. He kicks a goal. Got distracted by a pink bunny momentarily with rainbow ears and nex minute half the team gets eaten by the entire front row of the crowd.

Don't shroom and post.

mike91

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Seeing the worst Australian put Willie on the front page. F**k me, Fyfe wins a second brownlow, yet they're still going on about Willie. Rioli is a coward, he ran home instead of supporting his club in the finals, refused to accept any responsibility and deserves a heavy punishment for his own stupidity. F**k the worst Australian and absolutely zero sympathy for Willie, you cheated, it's literally as simple as that

AAACockburn

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2013
Inside Wayne Carey's pain relief Ziplock.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
VFL
This is not a cheezocracy.

I am the cheeztator, I make the cheezcisions and i will deal with the cheezoncequences.
EFA

jedi mind tricks

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Dream State
AFL Club
Fremantle
Seeing the worst Australian put Willie on the front page. F**k me, Fyfe wins a second brownlow, yet they're still going on about Willie. Rioli is a coward, he ran home instead of supporting his club in the finals, refused to accept any responsibility and deserves a heavy punishment for his own stupidity. F**k the worst Australian and absolutely zero sympathy for Willie, you cheated, it's literally as simple as that

But West Coast sypporters want him to play in 2020.

Patty_Moz

Club Legend
Aug 8, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I was melting after the pick 10 for 8 trade and as it worked out and assuming we could’ve got the same trade with GC it was something like:

Pick 20
Pick 22
Pick 58
Downgrade 2020 1st
2020 2nd
2020 3rd
2020 4th

For

Serong
Pick 82
Pick 86

For a team whose biggest problem is depth he’d want to be a pretty special player.

Daddoo

Master Chef
Oct 31, 2015
Chicago
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers Milwaukee Brewers
I was melting after the pick 10 for 8 trade and as it worked out and assuming we could’ve got the same trade with GC it was something like:

Pick 20
Pick 22
Pick 58
Downgrade 2020 1st
2020 2nd
2020 3rd
2020 4th

For

Serong
Pick 82
Pick 86

For a team whose biggest problem is depth he’d want to be a pretty special player.

Wtf?! I’m melting at the lack of melters!!

Let the record show Freo just had three picks on day one and only one person melted. Either we nailed it or BF is losing its mojo.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle

Let the record show Freo just had three picks on day one and only one person melted. Either we nailed it or BF is losing its mojo.

I think it was because we basically knew we were getting Serong for a couple of days before the draft and obviously everyone was happy with Young.

Daddoo

Master Chef
Oct 31, 2015
Chicago
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers Milwaukee Brewers
I think it was because we basically knew we were getting Serong for a couple of days before the draft and obviously everyone was happy with Young.

Haha. Too right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Benzi10

Senior List
Apr 23, 2014
Réunion island
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Olympique Lyonnais
OK, i am just here to quench the thirst of the people for melts.

Young is just a s*** Scott Thornton.
Josh Simpson has more talent in his left toe than Henry will ever have and Pitt had more heart.
Serong will follow the path of very notable fremantle players, like Josh Mellington and Jesse Crit... Chry?...Christon?... oh yeah got it Crichton.

Aug 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Why is the members hat so s**t? I was excited to see a free members hat but its the most outdated cheap looking unstylish ordinary bucket hat old men and young people are going to look stupid in.

Monument Hills

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hufflepuff, Wildcats, WCE womens
Why is Young wearing Fyfe's number. So disrespectful. Why did we pick such poor characters.

Edit: thought it didn't need a sarcasm emoji, but obviously some people don't spend much time on here :devil:

Last edited:

Nodgey

Premiership Player
Aug 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SDFC, Liverpool, Scorchers
Not a melt as such but I’m curious why we didn’t bid on Green at 8. Did we genuinely have Serong rated higher? If so, no one else in the media did. So had we bid on Green, we’d either have Green right now instead of Serong, OR GWS match and we’ve pushed the Henry bid back one spot and bettered our overall position. Surely it was a win/win to make a bid.

Anyway, not the biggest melt, and not the end of the world by any means.

Ausbenito

Team Captain
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle

I think most supporters are just non plussed with the draft and our drafting over a number of years Young looks an obvious star booming left foot fair enough pick and Henry great get Serong is the interesting one time will tell hope he is better than Brayshaw and Cerra would have preferred Robertson or Sharp myself see how it goes.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
People still going on about us not taking Robertson are driving me a bit insane now.

I watched him a lot and rated the guy highly as a prospect with a high floor, medium ceiling, high footy IQ, solid pick but we have quite a few types like him already. Brayshaw for instance is just as solid, just as good leadership, and has a much higher ceiling imo. Valente similarly, who is dual sided but slid due to injury issues. And Cerra's ceiling is miles ahead and I'm predicting we'll be reminded of just how classy he is as an inside mid next year. A midfield needs more than just accumulators.

If people truly think Robertson was going to come into our side and not only pass these guys in the pecking order but make a major impact on-field I think you need to take your rose coloured glasses off. Being great at u18s is rarely a guarantee you are going to do it at AFL level. He also benefited off feeding off the dominant ruck in u18s. Again taking nothing away from him because he worked harder than anyone in u18s and that's a pretty important trait.

Really hope and expect he'll have a great career but if you would still have rather had him over Young, Serong and Henry then I think you need to stop listening to the bias on PR and co. We nailed our first three picks.

Getlegs

Senior List
Mar 14, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Can anyone summarise the result of the trade and draft period?
This is what I have.
We started with pick 6 and 24 as well as all our picks in 2020.
We lost Hill, Langdon, future 3rd and 4th round picks as well as a downgrade on our first round.

We could have used pick 6 on Young, pick 24 and traded future 2nd or 3rd round for Henry. So effectively we lost Langdon, Hill, downgrade on next year's first, next year's 3rd and 4th rnd for a gain of Serong, Aish and Acres.
Which seems even worse when you consider we were allegedly offered and rejected stkilda first round pick and a future third round pick for Hill.

Ausbenito

Team Captain
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Waytogo being great at u18s is what the whole draft system revolves around they deliberately keep them out of senior football which is my preference to asses these guys IMO Robertson will be a better player than Brayshaw who if anyone does looks to have a very average ceiling in 2 years he has struggled to crack 20 possessions in a game. But I do like the guy and he does alot of little things that go unnoticed just should have never been drafted so high he would be much better off without the pressure of a high draft pick as will help Robertson who I believe will adapt to senior footy easier than most.
The jury is out on Cerra still will prove a decent player I suspect at a Melbourne club be surprised if he plays out his career at the Dockers.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
being great at u18s is what the whole draft system revolves around
Clearly not though, as plenty of clubs passed on Deven for players who didn't perform anywhere near as well at u18s. It's just one data point of many in assessing a player's potential AFL success.

Sorry but I'm with the recruiters (not just at Freo) on this one. Brayshaw and Cerra would have been picked up by other clubs shortly after us if we didn't grab them - it wasn't just Freo that rated them so highly. We've seen BOG or very close to it games from both Cerra and Brayshaw at AFL level in their first two seasons - just not consistently yet. Brayshaw finished top 10 in our B&F this year so he's clearly developing well. Cerra's been developing all over the ground but should get back into his preferred role in the midfield next year.

Everything about Deven is just speculation. He hasn't even played senior footy yet. If another club grabbed him in the top 10 or 12 then I think the melts might be semi justified. But he lasted to the 2nd round ffs. I think he'll end up a better version of De Boer or a poor man's Cotchin/Selwood - a really really good role player but his lack of height, an average kick, not having explosive pace, and not being dual sided will prevent him from ever becoming much more. I should also declare that I think the AFL is evolving and we'll see elite kicking skills (and things like kicking off both feet) become more the norm rather than the exception.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back