Let's talk Ports! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If the financial rumours are true, what I don’t understand is how when there’s a Board Governance expert as Vice chair, our Chair is a self proclaimed financial wizz and there are three accountants on our board.

How could this be?

It was a tough competition and Kochie is just a little battler from Alberton who has a long way to go to match Mark. He came a respectable 4th and was playing at the top of his game, besides no one was complaining when he got the first question right to hit the lead.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Untenable and unachievable. fu** this state government.

I think you mean * the SMA and SANFL.

The state government basically funded the stadium.

Rucci was saying on SEN tonight that our Adelaide Oval break-even number was 35,000. He blamed the higher figure on electricity costs.

FMD, imagine if every Victorian and NSW/QLD club had as high a break-even as we do. Half of the ******* comp would fold.

Far out wasn’t it 27,000 not too long ago? Or was that the AAMI breakeven?

I think you mean fu** the SMA and SANFL.

The state government basically funded the stadium.
Yeah this the $ANFLs argument is essentially hurrr durrr we look after “grass roots footy” we need that money because “won’t somebody think of the children”

Meanwhile most Snaffle clubs runs permanent staff in a semi pro environment to the largest non AFL salary cap in the land

Add to that the seas of gold from the sale of footy park and the fact the $ANFL only chucked in some loose change to fund AO and it’s a deadset disgrace

Don’t know too many landlords who earn more than their tenants from their assets but the SMA/$ANFL the greasy little campaigners do

So all in all it’s an absolute rip off and holding us and the crows back by a fair margin
But

SA/Pissant town politics and all that

35K breakeven is bullsh1t!

Taking out the Big 4 VIC teams, who all benefit from pumping up each other’s figures with multiple Showdown-esque fixtures per year, only the Eagles, Crows and Dockers average over 35K.

We’re averaging 34K this year.

Everyone else i.e. 10 teams including the likes of Hawthorn and Geelong are below that.

And we can’t make any money.

Farce.

That Sacked podcast is sad listening to Choco, how the club dropped the ball post 2004 due to lack of $$$ and lack of personnel. We gifted the Hawks part of their success.

Bloody hell he was working his arse off to get Stephen Wells and Kinnear Beatson to the club in the recruiting area. I never knew Stephen Wells played for West Adelaide in the early 1980's. He started working in recruiting department of Geelong 2 or 3 years after that and is still there. Been their head of recruiting since 1994. But Bucky resigned and we had bugger all money and John James had his training wheels on.

People bag Choco all they like but you can never say he doesn't work his arse off to improve the place.
I was not that certain that Wells and Beetson wanted to work with Choco. It’s a bit like Koch claiming post presidency that he tried to get Clarko, Roos or who ever.

Sounds like Choco was the only person working his arse off, I thought it was reality that no one wanted to come and work with him?

Clarko took Andrew Russell and we got Darren Burgess, were we that worse off?

How many assistant coaches has Clarko lost and yet any excuses, any whingeing, any blame game and yet he still attracts people who want to work with him

Last edited:
Rucci was saying on SEN tonight that our Adelaide Oval break-even number was 35,000. He blamed the higher figure on electricity costs.

FMD, imagine if every Victorian and NSW/QLD club had as high a break-even as we do. Half of the ******* comp would fold.
Good grief. How does this compare with break even costs for other clubs at other grounds? As the AFL owns Spidey-sense park, are their tenants better off? Wouldn't power prices be roughly similar at all grounds (and much higher at Optus with their epileptic light show?).

If AO is a State Government asset, why does the lion's share of revenue not go back to the taxpayer? How does the SANFL get its snout in the trough?

If the financial rumours are true, what I don’t understand is how when there’s a Board Governance expert as Vice chair, our Chair is a self proclaimed financial wizz and there are three accountants on our board.

How could this be?
Two accountants, one of whom is in Canada for a period of time I believe.

Ross Haslam has vacated for Andrew Day who has risk management on his c.v. along with electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, fund management, CEO experience, international experience and connections including China etc. etc.

Kevin of the tattooed sox is the only qualified accountant sitting at present. That won’t change either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back