Player Watch #9: Trent Cotchin is an obscenely good 3 x Premiership Captain, Victorian Captain & Brownlow Medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

Just heard a great story on SEN from Daisy Pearce.

Daisy went to the Richmond Facilities on Sunday before the Eagles game to do an interview with Peggy for her show. When she got to the reception office, there was no one at the desk to let her through the main door. She happened to see Cotchin through the glass door after a few minutes and he came over and let her in, rang Peggy to ask where she is and then offered to make Daisy a coffee.

After 5-10 minutes of talking there was another knock at the door and it was a Richmond supporter. Cotch came to the door and opened it and asked the fan "What can I do for you?" The supporter replied "I've forgotten my club membership for today so I cant get in, but I see there's no receptionist here so I'll have to figure out another way". Cotch said "Nah, nah mate, here let me see I can do for you", and Cotch went to the receptionist computer and logged on, and printed off 2 tickets for the game and gave it to the fan. The fan was rapt but said he only needed one ticket, so Cotch said to just give it to another person who doesn't have one to make their day, and the supporter went off to the game.

Now THAT is top tier culture. Best Captain in the League.

Daisy went to the Richmond Facilities on Sunday before the Eagles game to do an interview with Peggy for her show. When she got to the reception office, there was no one at the desk to let her through the main door. She happened to see Cotchin through the glass door after a few minutes and he came over and let her in, rang Peggy to ask where she is and then offered to make Daisy a coffee.

After 5-10 minutes of talking there was another knock at the door and it was a Richmond supporter. Cotch came to the door and opened it and asked the fan "What can I do for you?" The supporter replied "I've forgotten my club membership for today so I cant get in, but I see there's no receptionist here so I'll have to figure out another way". Cotch said "Nah, nah mate, here let me see I can do for you", and Cotch went to the receptionist computer and logged on, and printed off 2 tickets for the game and gave it to the fan. The fan was rapt but said he only needed one ticket, so Cotch said to just give it to another person who doesn't have one to make their day, and the supporter went off to the game.

like.png like.png like.png like.png

Collingwood already preparing a scenario where Pendle’s finds Damian Barrett trying to get into their office - lets him in and offers to clean his glasses.

“Pendle’s is such a great bloke” headline follows....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood already preparing a scenario where Pendle’s finds Damian Barrett trying to get into their office - lets him in and offers to clean his glasses.

“Pendle’s is such a great bloke” headline follows....

Alas, in the Collingwood version of the story, Pendlebury inadvertently prints Jaidyn Stephenson's betting history:

image.jpg

Isn't Tec meant to be better captain lol.

Anyone else concerned by these hamstring issues?

He's 29 now. He'll be 30 at the start of next season (April 7th thanks wiki), we saw what happened with Lids who barely missed a game for 12 years then overnight he couldn't get on the park.

I know calves are a LOT different, and they are known as the old man injury and are notoriously hard to get over, but soft tissue injuries at this age are bad news and he's clearly struggling with this now.

A small part of me thinks there was some mayo added to the hammys so that he could spend some time with his family
Yes!!! I think the Club and Cotch have taken advantage of their/his current situation for both their benefit!
Still winning without him means he'll be fit/fresh/rested for a Finals assault after all those nappy changes!

He's 29 now. He'll be 30 at the start of next season (April 7th thanks wiki), we saw what happened with Lids who barely missed a game for 12 years then overnight he couldn't get on the park.

I know calves are a LOT different, and they are known as the old man injury and are notoriously hard to get over, but soft tissue injuries at this age are bad news and he's clearly struggling with this now.

Let's not compare Cotch to Deledio.

I do have concerns about Cotch's hamstrings but I also feel the club has handled the situation as professionally and cautiously as they could given his history, family situation and with an eye on the finals. The club would have been tempted to play both him and Nank last week give the importance of the game but wisely choose to give him extra time. We have amazing medico's and I have faith in what they have been able to accomplish with our list over the last three seasons. I'm confident the Captain will come back in the side with the same sort of form he left it with and make an immediate impact. Our form and list health is making me very optimistic moving forward and Cotchin's impact in previous finals series has proven the difference in some games.

I think we are better placed this year than even last and with a fit Cotch we could very well pinch it again!

Cotch cleared but Hardwick in hot water

By Abe Atup

Updated 31 minutes ago

Richmond premiership captain Trent Cotchin has been cleared of unauthorised distribution of game-day tickets but coach Damien Hardwick now faces investigation.

The AFL's integrity department cleared Cotchin, who printed tickets for a fan after the Punt Road reception desk was left unattended. At the same time, journalist and AFLW star Daisy Pearce arrived for an interview with the Tigers' president, Peggy O'Neal.

It emerged at the enquiry that it was not the first the first time that Pearce arrived at an unattended Tiger HQ. In June, Pearce was greeted by Hardwick, who made the journalist a coffee as she waited for O'Neal.

This coffee, however, could land the Tiger coach in hot water. After Collingwood premiership player Heritier Lumumba (formerly known as Harry O'Brien) met then Demons coach Paul Roos for coffee, the AFL passed the obscure "Harry's Law", which prevents AFL coaching staff meeting for coffee with players from rival clubs.

Hardwick confessed that he was aware of the rule but that it hadn't occurred to him at the time that he had broken it by making Pearce a coffee.

"It was all rather embarrasing, really. I remember it well because it had to be a black coffee because 'Broady' [Richmond premership player Nathan Broad] had drunk all the milk," Hardwick said, before adding "I wasn't even able to offer her a biscuit because we'd moved all the biscuits to the annex to help 'Bach' [Richmond premership player Bachir Houli] through Ramadan."

Asked if he was concerned about the prospect of a one-match ban, which could see him miss the first week of the Tigers' finals campaign, Hardwick was philosophical. "It is what it is," he said.

Hardwick would not be drawn on the possibility, raised by North Melbourne premiership captain Wayne Carey, that Hardwick may be able to serve the one-week ban in the E.J. Whitten "Legends" charity match, which is slated for the bye week prior the AFL finals.

More to come.

I remember a few months ago it was mentioned on radio that if a player does a hammy 3 times in a year then there are grave concerns by the medicos on a player ever getting over it for the rest of his career.
Nevous Times ahead for Cotch & Club.

Cotch cleared but Hardwick in hot water

By Abe Atup

Updated 31 minutes ago

Richmond premiership captain Trent Cotchin has been cleared of unauthorised distribution of game-day tickets but coach Damien Hardwick now faces investigation.

The AFL's integrity department cleared Cotchin, who printed tickets for a fan after the Punt Road reception desk was left unattended. At the same time, journalist and AFLW star Daisy Pearce arrived for an interview with the Tigers' president, Peggy O'Neal.

It emerged at the enquiry that it was not the first the first time that Pearce arrived at an unattended Tiger HQ. In June, Pearce was greeted by Hardwick, who made the journalist a coffee as she waited for O'Neal.

This coffee, however, could land the Tiger coach in hot water. After Collingwood premiership player Heritier Lumumba (formerly known as Harry O'Brien) met then Demons coach Paul Roos for coffee, the AFL passed the obscure "Harry's Law", which prevents AFL coaching staff meeting for coffee with players from rival clubs.

Hardwick confessed that he was aware of the rule but that it hadn't occurred to him at the time that he had broken it by making Pearce a coffee.

"It was all rather embarrasing, really. I remember it well because it had to be a black coffee because 'Broady' [Richmond premership player Nathan Broad] had drunk all the milk," Hardwick said, before adding "I wasn't even able to offer her a biscuit because we'd moved all the biscuits to the annex to help 'Bach' [Richmond premership player Bachir Houli] through Ramadan."

Asked if he was concerned about the prospect of a one-match ban, which could see him miss the first week of the Tigers' finals campaign, Hardwick was philosophical. "It is what it is," he said.

Hardwick would not be drawn on the possibility, raised by North Melbourne premiership captain Wayne Carey, that Hardwick may be able to serve the one-week ban in the E.J. Whitten "Legends" charity match, which is slated for the bye week prior the AFL finals.

More to come.
There we go again...another obscure rule pinging Richmond! LOL
What about triplechins when he interviews oppo on his shows?!?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back