Preview RND 23- Carlton v Geelong Saturday 24th August 4.35PM @ GMHBA - Team Post #242

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

henderson fallen off a cliff or what? I requested him on my membership card one year - captain material etc - no love on the cats board - gone invisible
Soft clock. The players were right to kick his arse to the kerb.

henderson fallen off a cliff or what? I requested him on my membership card one year - captain material etc - no love on the cats board - gone invisible
I reckon he did the same at the Cats as he did at the blues, play pretty good footy early (and again when he first went beck into defence) and then his form just suddenly dropped away. Injury has played a part both times but perhaps complacency impacted as well.

We'll give this one a shove no doubt.
Love to go out on a high and give ourselves every chance to climb another spot on the ladder (hi there crows).
Take that momemtum thru to the off season.

Cats will come with their claws on no doubt and have quite a bit to lose here whereas this is near on a free whack for us.
IF Krooz and Levi can replicate their efforts from last week we'll be in this and I think we can get 'em.
Those two were brilliant in the second half last week. Not the only ones that deserved credit but when the bigger units impose themselves on the game it helps tremendously.

Think we can grab a sneaky lead, cats will rally but we'll hang tight and pip 'em.
Blues by 4.
Give me one more excuse to swagger into the office. Yeah you know.:cool:

Over on the Geelong board (specifically the match preview with us) they are hardly even discussing Carlton v Geelong. They seem to want mix up talking about the mcg and how hard it’ll be for Brisbane in finals. Let’s hope the Geelong squad are as equally unsettled. I think we win btw. Get on the 6-1.
Remember the 99 prelim..we had no chance

Reckon we are putting a fine squad on the park this week. I’m tipping Cunnwrs is back. Weiters too. Lang our. Gibbo if injured and if not Deluca.

They can’taoer’ this week and really lighten loads. They’ll be fresh. If it’s wet they have the recent experience against Tigers to learn from.

We win this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know this will come across as hindsight. But losing Tuohy never really bothered me, wasn't a fan of how Hendo left and thought he was a better player than he turned out to be.

Tuohy to me really lacked polish out of the backline when he played for us, to much hack it and hope for me. But to be fair this did improve significantly for a period with the Cats.

I never cared about Henderson leaving, was always a 'just' player and the way he gave up once he knew he was leaving said a lot about his character.

Tuohy I was the same. I knew we would miss him in the short term but half-back flankers can be found anywhere

Not fussed about this one - seasons done. Bring on 2020.

Will be a testament to Teague if he can get them in the zone to be competitive in this game. We are playing for very little with an eye to the offseason. Geelong are thinking about going on a run to win a grand final - so we are at opposite ends of the spectrum.

Need to be hard at the contest. Freo beat them playing that style. Very gettable but we need a strong contribution by everyone for it o happen

Not fussed about this one - seasons done. Bring on 2020.

Will be a testament to Teague if he can get them in the zone to be competitive in this game. We are playing for very little with an eye to the offseason. Geelong are thinking about going on a run to win a grand final - so we are at opposite ends of the spectrum.
Mate...I'm always fussed. I am never not fussed about a footy game. I would be reeling if the players were also not fussed.

Struggling to remember the last time we won in the final round. 2013??? Been some shockers over the last few years. Would be great to go out with a win and hit the ground running in 2020
2018: ADE 104 ptloss
2017: SYD 81 pt loss
2016: ESS 24 pt loss
2015: HAW 57 pt loss
2014: ESS draw
2013: SYD 24 pt loss
2012: STK 15 pt loss

...and that's as far back as the AFL app goes...

Last Final Round win in this decade was v Port by a point in 2013 (the Sydney game was a final)
Ahh yes... I should have paid more attention rather than just scrolling down to our last game of the season!

Worth noting the 20 pt win against the Tigers in 2013 too, just for old time's sake..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back