Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
That is an easy question... we could have traded that pick up the order, as we've done many times before. It would not have cost too much to advance a couple of spots.
Yeah I totally remember you telling us all pre draft that we should make that deal. You continue to be a shining light in a sea of s**t known as the MFC board.

Dec 15, 2008
Voyager 1
AFL Club
Melbourne
Mate Duursma and Ben King will alone cost you pick 2.
Clubs aren't stupid these days.

I'd be using Pick 2 in the draft... so they won't cost 'US' Pick2 as a minimum, because it wouldn't be available for that deal.

Duursma wouldn't be available I'd expect... but that 'thought', would not stop me from giving him a call.

Rumour is King wants OUT. So a deal could be struck, in some way.

Would you trade Petracca for King.?

Maybe Preuss and P20 to GWS, would be enouggh for P13.? >>> Kemp.?

There are lots of ways to strike deals with other clubs.?

Dec 15, 2008
Voyager 1
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yeah I totally remember you telling us all pre draft that we should make that deal. You continue to be a shining light in a sea of s**t known as the MFC board.
I wasn't here actively on this forum at that time... but yes I was calling to not use two 1st Rnd picks for lever. the year before.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I wasn't here actively on this forum at that time... but yes I was calling to not use two 1st Rnd picks for lever. the year before.
Of course you were. Obviously in Levers draft year you knew that Duursma was gonna go pick 19 and we should have held that pick we lost for making the prelim. Genius

Updated rumours.

Unless an incredible deal comes our way and we need to downgrade, or the potential PP to the suns (which seems more likely to be at 19 now) moves us to 3, we will take 2 to the draft.

The Dees will be offering next year’s 2nd for Langdon, Freo want 20(21). I don’t care if give them 20, just as long as we return the phrase, “he wants out though so his value significantly drops” to Peter Bell.

Ben King wants more opportunity. No word on this yet, but I’d be surprised if we didn’t at least look into it all. Nth will let at least one key forward to this year.

I would be totally shocked if we traded Preuss. Preuss was told that his tank was nowhere near where it needs to be this year and his preseason will be spent building that up. GWS have a few potential moves for a ruck.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Updated rumours.

Unless an incredible deal comes our way and we need to downgrade, or the potential PP to the suns (which seems more likely to be at 19 now) moves us to 3, we will take 2 to the draft.

The Dees will be offering next year’s 2nd for Langdon, Freo want 20(21). I don’t care if give them 20, just as long as we return the phrase, “he wants out though so his value significantly drops” to Peter Bell.

Ben King wants more opportunity. No word on this yet, but I’d be surprised if we didn’t at least look into it all. Nth will let at least one key forward to this year.

I would be totally shocked if we traded Preuss. Preuss was told that his tank was nowhere near where it needs to be this year and his preseason will be spent building that up. GWS have a few potential moves for a ruck.
North are looking to trade out a key are you saying ?

North are looking to trade out a key are you saying ?

Yeah they’re pretty front heavy. King isn’t the one they want to lose, but they need to jettison one of the big boys. King has potential, but also potentially doesn’t (if that makes sense?)

Nov 13, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'd be using Pick 2 in the draft... so they won't cost 'US' Pick2 as a minimum, because it wouldn't be available for that deal.

Duursma wouldn't be available I'd expect... but that 'thought', would not stop me from giving him a call.

Yeah sure mate whatever you say 🙂

Nov 13, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
Updated rumours.

Do you mean Ben McKay from North wants more opportunity or Ben King from GC?

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Updated rumours.

King wants more opportunity? He has been there less than a year. Typical generational attitude of ‘I deserve’.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne

There’s no way I’d trade Petracca for King. Why would you? A forward line of McDonald, Weidemann and King? Oh and Petty? Petracca has played incredibly well the last 4-5 weeks I feel, if we let him have some freedom he will be a really big player for us.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Delist -
Lewis
Garlett
cMaynard
jWagner
dKeilty
gWalker
Expressions of interest - for us to consider.?
Preuss (gws)?
Hunt
Petracca
Neal-Bullen
oMac
Stretch
shopping list -
Langdon
cRioli
dFogarty
xDuursma

Whitfield
oWines
pWright
kAmon
King
tPapley
zJones
You’ve got Petracca over Brayshaw? Adelaide will be offering Fogarty a very lucrative deal if he is out of contract. If they don’t then 17 other clubs will be. I am confident they’ll keep him.

I don’t know how Wines fixes any of our midfield issues to be honest. Peter Wright won’t assist our forwards and we don’t need him rucking if we have Preuss. Whitfield I agree with. You need to add Brad Hill to your list.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Updated rumours.

Anything about us talking to Richmond?

Since he was signed in August 2016, we've delisted/traded the following players who I think would all have made a bigger impact:

Lynden Dunn, Matt Jones, Ben Newton, Ben Kennedy, Mitch White, Tom Bugg.

PAT MCKENNA

If he was 3 years younger I would actually redraft him again.

King wants more opportunity? He has been there less than a year. Typical generational attitude of ‘I deserve’.

McKay sorry my bad. Was looking at some other rumours regarding Ben King. Don’t ask there’s not much there. He and Rankine sampling the GC treasures.

Sylvia Saint

Cancelled
May 20, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Crusaders
Who is your source DB? Obviously name is not necessary just curious whether it's a journo, club employee somewhere, Josh Mahoney etc

samcantstandya

Senior List
Aug 29, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne

No Petracca is a keeper

Who is your source DB? Obviously name is not necessary just curious whether it's a journo, club employee somewhere, Josh Mahoney etc

I have a couple. A close mate who works in recruitment at GWS. My old boss is a player manager, a couple of journos and then some totally random ones like an NBA player growing up 3 streets away.

Back