Toast Patrick Lipinski - the 1000th Bulldog!

Remove this Banner Ad

Mantis Toboggan

Premiership Player
Mar 24, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Another stunning performance by this young man. Dunkley is (rightly) taking the plaudits for his incredible improvement this year. I’d argue that Lipinski is on a very similar trajectory. I was a bit edgy about him coming into the team and convinced he should not be playing around the stoppages. Delighted to be proved wrong.

_M_16_

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liv FC, LA Rams, Pitt Pen, Michigan
Another stunning performance by this young man. Dunkley is (rightly) taking the plaudits for his incredible improvement this year. I’d argue that Lipinski is on a very similar trajectory. I was a bit edgy about him coming into the team and convinced he should not be playing around the stoppages. Delighted to be proved wrong.

For the Bevo critics, he instructed Lipinski to spend time in the VFL playing in the middle and working on his inside game. Cue to the moans of a some early how he should be playing that forward role he was solid at last season. Fast forward to now, Lipinski is a much more rounded and versatile player, and his inside game gets better and better each week.

Good move by the coach, and no doubt good leadership shown by the likes of Dunks to help him grow. Would love to see Dunks VC behind Bont next season.

giblj

Cancelled
Nov 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Adding him to the midfield mix for the back half of the year has been an underrated part of our resurgence I reckon

Flags_In_The_Bag

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Not a fan of overseas teams.....
Adding him to the midfield mix for the back half of the year has been an underrated part of our resurgence I reckon
Agree 100% there was a passage in the 3rd I think where he got the centre clearance hand balled it forward to the Bont who drove it forward. You had to look carefully to see was it him out to Bont or Bont out to Him.

Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
For the Bevo critics, he instructed Lipinski to spend time in the VFL playing in the middle and working on his inside game. Cue to the moans of a some early how he should be playing that forward role he was solid at last season. Fast forward to now, Lipinski is a much more rounded and versatile player, and his inside game gets better and better each week.

Good move by the coach, and no doubt good leadership shown by the likes of Dunks to help him grow. Would love to see Dunks VC behind Bont next season.
Another Bev win. Chalking them up.

Another Bev win. Chalking them up.
Hail Bevo!

Turns out that arrogance and stubbornness are only if your judgement happens to be wrong.
If your judgement is right then it's vision, self-belief and persistence in the face of constant criticism.

Who'd have thought?

Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hail Bevo!

Turns out that arrogance and stubbornness are only if your judgement happens to be wrong.
If your judgement is right then it's vision, self-belief and persistence in the face of constant criticism.

Who'd have thought?

That narrative again? You sit in on the meetings, I forgot. Yeah Bev is arrogant blahs, blah, blah...

mattwa

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2007
wa
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

I want Dunks and Bont co captains. Takes the pressure off Bont a bit as Dunks can take over some of that leadership/media commitments burdon... They are best mates too so cannot see any issues with them sharing it il think they will both bounce ideas off each other and make it work

Very important - Lippi can actually kick.
He's not quick but he's a footballer first athlete second and you can see it in the way he plays. Smart footballer with above average skills.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Flags_In_The_Bag

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Not a fan of overseas teams.....
I want Dunks and Bont co captains. Takes the pressure off Bont a bit as Dunks can take over some of that leadership/media commitments burdon... They are best mates too so cannot see any issues with them sharing it il think they will both bounce ideas off each other and make it work
Have been thinking that the last few weeks too.

Very important - Lippi can actually kick.
He's not quick but he's a footballer first athlete second and you can see it in the way he plays. Smart footballer with above average skills.
The notion that he is not quick runs counter to just about everything that his teammates say whenever his name comes up. All I hear from them is that he has exceptional endurance and speed. The only possible caveat to that I can think is that it is in relation to his size.

Footscrazy

Team Captain
Jun 18, 2011
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray

Dogma84

Team Captain
Aug 25, 2008
gippsland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
NQ Cowboys
He has amazing "touch" on his kicking. Similar to a lot of indigenous players....excellent placement, almost always to advantage

giblj

Cancelled
Nov 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The notion that he is not quick runs counter to just about everything that his teammates say whenever his name comes up. All I hear from them is that he has exceptional endurance and speed. The only possible caveat to that I can think is that it is in relation to his size.
He's a pretty good size too, it's just that our other mids are monsters. We're going to have to keep searching for that weakness

Scary_Foot_9

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2013
Canberra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham, Cubs, Leafs, Ravens
Found it very interesting Bob and Anstey talking about his basketballing talent on the FIAC this week. His peripheral vision and ability to weave through traffic and find his outlet are just phenomenal so it makes sense. It will be interesting to see in the coming years if he can put on the size of Pendlebury or Bont so he can play on the inside with greater regularity and win more of his own ball around the ground.

If he can his potential excites me almost even more than Smith or Naughton in some ways.

Also does anyone know what his brother is doing post-college basketball in the states? Cat B rookie maybe?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back