Multiplat Fallout 76

any one tried the battle royal mode, i tried this weekend as far as all games trying this mode, this one pulls off ok loading times a bit of a bitch though

I'm not a fan, the beauty of BR games is that when push comes to shove it's you vs another bloke on equal footing and it mostly comes down to skill with a little bit of rng for early fights.

The perk cards in this make it way harder for new players over the guy who has played 200 hours and has +40% dmg on rifles and shotguns and frogs legs so he just jumps around like a mad man. Once that happens it's no fun.

Mar 25, 2009
The Tower
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
How's this now compared to when it launched?

I think it’s great. I jumped on after the free play week. I’ve given it a bit of a rest since I’m making myself finally finish The Witcher.

I feel I’ve jumped on at the right time as it took a while for Bethesda to sort their s**t out. It’s a great game and very fun with friends.

Last edited:
So what are the main reasons for the improvement?
increasing the stash limit from 400 to 800 made the game playable for me. I still have endless struggles, but at least it's doable now. Ideally there would be no limit though.

Jun 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
A lot better. I'm actually really enjoying it, my main game at the moment, I play duos with Father Jack.

You're interacting online with a priest? Careful, he's grooming you!!!

father-jack-n.jpg

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
The cheek of these jokers.

Surely just taking the p**s now. The game is a sh*t wreck, and now they whip this out, a day before Outer Worlds comes and reminds us what we're missing out on. I got this for $9 from EB a few weeks back and haven't really gotten into it too much. Not sure if I want to anymore

Last edited:
It's yet another ****ed move from Bethesda, most players have basically completed everything and now they want us to pay for basically unlimited storage, I thought this would lead into them announcing an actual release date for the next big expansion which would then add a whole lot of content and missions. I can stomach paying for a large expansion but to pay an ridiculous monthly fee for a game that I have been struggling to find things to do is a joke.

Absolute money grabbing campaigners.

To be honest, I don't own it. But was a kind of wait and see sort of thing, if at some point they fixed things up a bit more, added features etc to make it a bit more appealing. But eh, think they've made it obvious now they are just looking to fleece the one's that already have it and still play it somehow, rather than perhaps bring in people like me that have been holding out.

Yeah true. They've left it long enough for the casuals/haters to have left the game, and are now just milking the loyal ones for all they can now. I only got it because it was so cheap and I wasn't enjoying RDR online haha The fallout on the internet over the decision hasn't been good news for them at all, but it's clear they probably don't care

So.... Who is going to shell $23 a month?

Struggled to fork out the $9 to buy the disc from EB a few weeks ago. That's a stern nooooo from me

Back