Player Watch #5: Brandon Ellis - off to GC pick 39 as compo

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty much out of anyone’s hands bit it sounds like it will probably happen.
It’s going to keep happening and we had better get used to it, part of the territory I guess.
Personally I’m thrilled for the likes Lloyd and Conca and never miss a doggies game on TV.
100% agree, always pleased to see ex-Tigers/Reds doing well.
Yeah, it may or may not happen and if it does then good luck to him.
People on here don’t have any say in it as it’s opinion based on the strength the club is in. Didn’t we add to our list with getting Lynch? We’re in a financial squeeze atm and the future of the RFC comes before any individual. It’s unfortunate, but it’s happening and even with lesser quality players such as Conca and Lloyd. I’m also happy for Miles as he was too good for VFL . I think Moore and Menadue will depart for more opportunities.
The club haven’t discarded Ellis as they offered him a contract and it may mean that the shoe is on the other foot as Ellis has put talks on hold. This is the right thing to do by him as you don’t get these opportunities in life too often.
It’s called financial negotiating and not discarding , but these have to all be weighed up against the future of the RFC being stronger and bolder.
It’s basic accounting simplified to what are the benefits in losing a player v his loss and it’s not only monetary related. I would love to keep Ellis until our bambino’s matured a bit more, but it maybe financially impossible or viable due to the high markets demand set by other clubs.
The bottom line is nobody is discarding him as it’s out of everyone’s hand at the club bc he’s put negotiations on hold in waiting to test the market.
Of course and that's never been in dispute and the club does indeed come first, always had.
My point was that some are more than happy to discard B Ellis, not all and not even the majority including some who are not fans, I'm just saying that...

I'm the same, less so Conca though. Doggies have been a kind of 2nd team since way back when Wallace coached them. They have always been entertaining to watch. Having a nephew there a while just elevated my real liking for the Doggies. Lloyd being there helps also and I think they have been helped a little by his forward craft and nous.
I always loved Lloydy and know a couple of Dogs players so similarly I’ve always liked them and was thrilled when they won in 2016, and their supporters not by coincidence were the ones most thrilled in 2017 for us in the circles I move in anyway.
As for Sammy I can’t help myself but have a few beers watching them and every bloody time! I’m... Lllllloydddd, all game long!

100% agree, always pleased to see ex-Tigers/Reds doing well.
Yeah, it may or may not happen and if it does then good luck to him.

Of course and that's never been in dispute and the club does indeed come first, always had.
My point was that some are more than happy to discard B Ellis, not all and not even the majority including some who are not fans, I'm just saying that...
View attachment 731644
, but that’s natural based on the circumstances as he’s been offered a contract and is waiting on other offers.
What are they expected to think?
Brando is just as guilty for allowing people to think like that. I’ve only had one confession that they’re happy to see him go. The reality is most people are not fussed bc of the loss v gain scenarios. The reality is he’s created all the doubt and confusion amongst people bc he’s rightfully keeping his hand close to his chest .

Last edited:

Tell you something else too about Ellis it’s to his own credit that he finds himself in this position anyway.
Think back 12 months ago and he was out of favor, out of the team and didn’t even finish top 20 in the B&F, now he has himself back in, will not be finishing anywhere outside top 20 and has himself in a position where he has options.
So it’s not a Brandon Ellis bashing exercise, not from my end anyway.
I think the vast majority are not bashing Brando as he has had a very good year. This thread is about him going or staying, which he is in the position of doing, and therefore invites would we be better with or without him. It is not us saying let's get rid of him, in the main, but what will happen if he stays or goes.

I think the vast majority are not bashing Brando as he has had a very good year. This thread is about him going or staying, which he is in the position of doing, and therefore invites would we be better with or without him. It is not us saying let's get rid of him, in the main, but what will happen if he stays or goes.

Rubbish, some were “dud delist” ing him after bog performances this year, what you chose as the topic point of him as one thing, but don’t belittle everyone else by saying the topic is wether he stays or goes as a whole! No, in a 5 thousand plus post thread I’m not sifting through, you can do that yourself, it’s been pretty disgusting by some supporters

Rubbish, some were “dud delist” ing him after bog performances this year, what you chose as the topic point of him as one thing, but don’t belittle everyone else by saying the topic is wether he stays or goes as a whole! No, in a 5 thousand plus post thread I’m not sifting through, you can do that yourself, it’s been pretty disgusting by some supporters
Of course there are a few saying dud delist, you may have noticed nobody at Richmond polarises opinions like Ellis, which means there is an element of truth in what everyone says, whether you are with him or against him. Equally there are those who see him 100% opposite to the dud delist. But by and large the commentary has been constructive, especially in the last week or so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There were precisely two people who were over the top, one of whom is a walking controversy and possibly the Uber troll, and the other just doesn't like him.

Please calm down and stop taking it personally, the rest of us don't have anything against Brando, we just want what's best for the club when you factor in the salary cap and draft picks.

Sheesh, if that's going to be your only stance, you better develop a thick skin and buy a box of tissues. It's going to be a long period up to Free Agency Week

There were precisely two people who were over the top, one of whom is a walking controversy and possibly the Uber troll, and the other just doesn't like him.

Please calm down and stop taking it personally, the rest of us don't have anything against Brando, we just want what's best for the club when you factor in the salary cap and draft picks.
Classic post

I'm not sure if I'm the second of the two (fyi I don't for a second believe Mopsy is a troll I just think he doesn't mind it when his opinion gets the fan boys are riled up) but if I am, my whole issue with Brandon boils down to one thing... FINALS. I've gone over the why numerous times so no need here, so I personally hope he takes an offer elsewhere because I don't see why we should carry a player on the list who goes missing when it actually matters.

That said, if he was happy to be back up and just be called up for injury then I'd love for him to stay (with a contract reflecting that) as he's a good squad player and goes ok during H&A.

I don't see him doing this and frankly he'd be crazy to as if he can get a decent offer somewhere else he should take it as I see him being replaced pretty soon by all the players mentioned in a recent post.

Disclaimer on all that said is that he's got this current finals series to change my mind, and if he plays a blinder I'll love for him to stay. But if he's poor again then he can't leave fast enough for mine.

I'm not sure if I'm the second of the two (fyi I don't for a second believe Mopsy is a troll I just think he doesn't mind it when his opinion gets the fan boys are riled up) but if I am, my whole issue with Brandon boils down to one thing... FINALS. I've gone over the why numerous times so no need here, so I personally hope he takes an offer elsewhere because I don't see why we should carry a player on the list who goes missing when it actually matters.

That said, if he was happy to be back up and just be called up for injury then I'd love for him to stay (with a contract reflecting that) as he's a good squad player and goes ok during H&A.

I don't see him doing this and frankly he'd be crazy to as if he can get a decent offer somewhere else he should take it as I see him being replaced pretty soon by all the players mentioned in a recent post.

Disclaimer on all that said is that he's got this current finals series to change my mind, and if he plays a blinder I'll love for him to stay. But if he's poor again then he can't leave fast enough for mine.

Norm smith or gtfo?

CBF reading the last 30 pages....

Did find it interesting that Bellis put up an insta pic the other days after the win and Koutafidimidies was commentating on it, which I don't think he had done before... or is that me just reading too much into it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back