Rumour Caro and her media hypocrites

Remove this Banner Ad

ChesterTreasure

Club Legend
Nov 11, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Caroline Wilson has for years accused the AFL and the AFL media in general as being a “boys club”
However last Saturday on 3AW she questioned and gave “fellow 3AW Commentator” Jimmy Bartel the opportunity to have his say regarding the public breakdown of his marriage which has been the subject of rumour of late.
She was most respectful and sympathetic regarding the matter as most reasonable people would be.
Jimmy Bartel has championed the cause against domestic violence, and I am in no way suggesting that he I guilty of this.
However, he is apparently guilty of cheating on his wife and young children and that places him in a similar if not as abhorrent vein as far as I am concerned.
He has also been the constant subject of rumours regarding the intake of certain substances and you only have to look at his eyes and bloated face on a Sunday morning on channel seven as to wonder as to the validity of such innuendo.
Numerous other media commentators have often been the subject of similar rumours however threads regarding as much seem to either disappear or be dismissed as trolling.
Caro is very quick to make sly comments regarding Dane Beams, Charlie Dixon and numerous other players and officials supposed off-field issues only to change the subject when questioned further by Pain Russell but is happy to give a fellow work colleague the sympathy vote in this instance.
I would have thought that accusing the AFL, AFL Clubs, AFL Media etc of being a “boys club” is the height of hypocrisy if you are so willing to protect you own colleague’s and obviously your own pay cheque just to keep yourself relevant.
These Journos and Commentators are in close contact daily with each other and they obviously know who is doing what with what and with whom.
The Bomber Thompson AFL 360 / The Couch footage over the last few years is proof of the way they are willing to ignore the obvious in order not to offend or possibly incriminate one of their own brethren.
I look forward to the day when an ex-player who has been thrown under the bus by these commentators has he guts to make public what he either knows or has seen on the other side of the fence.

what a scandal.

solid post, will print out to read again later.
I plan on making a papier mache mannequin out of it, putting a red wig on it and dancing around my kitchen with it pretending it is Caro.

Cheating on your wife isn’t even in the same book as beating up a woman and to suggest they’re similar is just completely wrong.
Please tell me where I suggested that they are similar ?

"Jimmy Bartel has championed the cause against domestic violence, and I am in no way suggesting that he I guilty of this.
However, he is apparently guilty of cheating on his wife and young children and that places him in a similar if not as abhorrent vein as far as I am concerned"

I was simply implying that cheating on your wife is a violation of a relationship even though not as abhorrent as domestic violence.
I would argue that it is hypocritical of him to champion a cause on behalf of his own mother and then treat his own wife and family with such disdain.
Feel free to argue further if you think that its OK to destroy a family relationship simply because you can't keep it in your pants.

"Jimmy Bartel has championed the cause against domestic violence, and I am in no way suggesting that he I guilty of this.
However, he is apparently guilty of cheating on his wife and young children and that places him in a similar if not as abhorrent vein as far as I am concerned"

I was simply implying that cheating on your wife is a violation of a relationship even though not as abhorrent as domestic violence.
I would argue that it is hypocritical of him to champion a cause on behalf of his own mother and then treat his own wife and family with such disdain.
Feel free to argue further if you think that its OK to destroy a family relationship simply because you can't keep it in your pants.
You should read that back to yourself then ask the question again
If the answer still escapes you forget it

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

There

So you are saying that beating your wife is the same as cheating?

It's folly to suggest that it is. One is a criminal offence, and the other is a breach of trust concerning another person.

However, if you put yourself on a pedestal by taking a moral high ground, you have to expect that some questioning of your credibility will come if your conduct or manner is less than pure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jimmy's been rooting around forever and word is they have had an open relationship since Jesus was playing half back for Jerusalem. Seems like Gentleman Jim has moved on to his next floozy already and no doubt Nadia will start dating someone like Wayne Carey or Garry Lyon in no time.

If they released figures on the volume of women AFL players went through aka 3 month 100 challenges. Life is pretty interesting off field when you can kick a footy in front of a camera have a lot of spare time and earn a pretty penny for doing not alot.

In saying that I don't get into the rumours and innuendo a lot. I mean everybody has been through it one way or another it could of been yourself, your friend, partner, parent, cousin. Everybody has dealt with it in one way or another but I put this in the personal category. Jimmy might have some vices off field but I also feel these media intrusions on the personal life and willingness to run any story as "click bate" is why footballers in general just don't want the interaction with the public via Australian media.

All supporters want to know everything they can in terms of what's happening at the club, injury updates, VFL updates, players opinions on AFL. But reporters like Caro are willing to go off the ball and down low hutchy is the same if it boiled down to it I'm pretty sure even if someone's life would be destroyed by a story caro would still run it.

In saying that it is her job she get ls paid well to do it. I personally don't read her work and I would encourage others to do the same if offended by her lack of quality reporting or " proven facts". The less attention she receives the better for all of us!

Jimmy cheats on wife, maybe he is indulging in the good gear......Caro's at fault? I would have thought it is Caro's job to report on football matters on and off the field, not gossip about work colleagues.

"...he is apparently guilty of cheating on his wife and young children and that places him in a similar if not as abhorrent vein as far as I am concerned"
You asked and answered your own question

Remove this Banner Ad

Back