Preview Changes: R23 vs Western Bulldogs

The most insulting thing is that we're so content in the security that they're even inept at spin.

We've done the least to promote our 3-4 year prospects of any team in the league, from the end of last season to the start of this one.

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
That's the problem. This ******* first-class spud of the highest order being able to carve an AFL career for himself by virtue of the fact that we don't have other options. Well, I don't give a s**t. fu** off Hartigan, I'd rather play a midget with better skills and a more developed football brain than a spud like you. Seriously, just fu** off.

Show us on the doll where Harto hurt you? 😂😂

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
The most insulting thing is that we're so content in the security that they're even inept at spin.

We've done the least to promote our 3-4 year prospects of any team in the league, from the end of last season to the start of this one.
I heard a bit of Dougy talking on AA, he thinks the 3-7 year guys get **** all when it comes to development and it's something he tried to invest time in for the future.

It sounded like a league wide statement but I have a sneaky feeling it was a bit of a stab.

I somehow get the genuine feeling that Fogarty has embarrassed the Crows coaching staff and selection committee with his AFL performances in 2019.

They are probably regretting selecting him. Fog playing well has only cast a shadow over the selection committee.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I somehow get the genuine feeling that Fogarty has embarrassed the Crows coaching staff and selection committee with his AFL performances in 2019.

They are probably regretting selecting him. Fog playing well has only cast a shadow over the selection committee.
It has certainly put heat on them, as did Haggis saying "He gets bored in the SANFL"

Ramify

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I honestly think they got the preseason all wrong and didn't push the young up coming players enough. Definitely think it was planned that way as they thought our current lot would at least make finals. Hope they are going to be more ruthless then just Doug and Otto.

What? Did they not watch the games at all last season?

I heard a bit of Dougy talking on AA, he thinks the 3-7 year guys get **** all when it comes to development and it's something he tried to invest time in for the future.

It sounded like a league wide statement but I have a sneaky feeling it was a bit of a stab.

You think Douglas was attacking them for allowing him to keep them out of the side?

It has certainly put heat on them, as did Haggis saying "He gets bored in the SANFL"

Good. Im glad. It should.

I know its a while back, but I am sure CCameron didnt have great SANFL form before coming into our team back in the day.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
You think Douglas was attacking them for allowing him to keep them out of the side?
Perhaps not specifically he himself no, but I found it very interesting that players in that experience level were the target of his comments.

It's clearly something he's passionate about and something he's picked up on within the club.

May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide
He genuinely seems like someone who would’ve preferred guys like Gallucci were playing ahead of him. It just beggars belief that our club just flat out ignores anything that may shake things up.

Not this year!

Our finals chances were cooked from the Carlton loss.

Club are delusional.

Actually for me the season was over when we failed to put away a pathetic Melbourne. The fact that they could have won at least 3-4 times in those last few minutes of the game was damning enough.

The fortunate victories over injury-ridden GWS and Tigers masked our season's performance.

I mean FFS 4 of our 10 wins are over the Suns and Saints.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
He genuinely seems like someone who would’ve preferred guys like Gallucci were playing ahead of him. It just beggars belief that our club just flat out ignores anything that may shake things up.
Hes competitive and wanted to play in the seniors, but he did need to step aside as the club weren't going to do it for him in season

Does "one eye on the future" mean giving single games to Stengle, Davis, Poholke and Wilson before dropping them?

Does it mean dropping Gallucci after getting a concussion not be seen again?

Does it mean waiting until round 20 to play Darcy Fogarty?

Does it mean keeping Jones in the twos while we play David Mackay?

Does it mean giving Richard Douglas a JLT game over McHenry who then doesn't play AFL at all for the season?

Does it mean playing Andy Otten over Jordon Butts who is tearing up the SANFL?

Does it mean playing Richard Douglas for weeks after he is told he will be delisted?

Does it mean selecting Sam Jacobs for no other reason than getting him to 200 games?

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Does "one eye on the future" mean giving single games to Stengle, Davis, Poholke and Wilson before dropping them?

Does it mean giving Richard Douglas a JLT game over McHenry who then doesn't play AFL at all for the season?

Does it mean playing Richard Douglas for weeks after he is told he will be delisted?

Does it mean selecting Sam Jacobs for no other reason than getting him to 200 games?
At our club..... yes.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide

Ben Hart was likely hoping Fogarty was not even played until 2020. Would have been backing the boys in week after week blaming the midfield. I'm sure it was his idea to clear out the forward line and bomb it on the head of our spearhead Lachie Murphy. Get Hart out of the club yesterday.

pext

Team Captain
Jan 14, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide

C'mon now. I accept that not playing Fogarty was a huge mistake but the rest is nonsense.

Stengle, Davis, Poholke and Wilson have not convinced me they're AFL standard. Why should we gift games to blokes who aren't up to it just because they're kids.

Gallucci was awful for most of the year (yes, worse than Gibbs, Mackay & Douglas). To continue putting games into him would have been a "gold pass" type action that this board seems to hate (unless it's a gold pass for their chose one apparently).

Jones is a kid who got a good look at it but needed to be managed. Butts is just simply not ready. Would have been criminal to send him out for the slaughter. McHenry clearly would have got a crack during the year but he got injured.

As for the rucks, O'Brien made some great strides but he is a fair way off Grundy and Gawn (although this board seems to think otherwise at times). He needs to work hard on some things with Matty Clarke over the break. Who gives a stuff about a dead rubber in Ballarat?

Back