Politics Alan Jones and the Send-a-Sock campaign

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you need to:

LOL, the conversation. Must be really accurate. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

BTW, even if it was only 1200 (which its not), that's still plural which is still thousands.

BTW, even if it was only 1200 (which its not), that's still plural which is still thousands.
It’s an article that backs up a George Brandis claim.

And 1200 is not thousands. In any language.

It’s an article that backs up a George Brandis claim.

And 1200 is not thousands. In any language.
1200 is thousands in exactly the same way that 1.5 hours (not 1.5 hour) is multiple.

It ignores those who died well before they reached our territorial water and detection. Anyway, regardless of the exact figure, it's a lot of dead people and it was all due to the policies of Labor and the Greens. Those who did make it to our shores were shoved into detention centres.

Under the Coalition, the boats have stopped and the illegals are no longer dying or being put into detention centres. If you were balanced and logical the lefties be praising the Coalition. That will never happen because the left are such hypocrites and everyone knows this.

1200 is thousands in exactly the same way that 1.5 hours (not 1.5 hour) is multiple.
As I’ve now told you 1,000,000,000 times (rounded up from 2 times) over preceding years (rounded up from 1 day), that is misleading and wrong.

1200 is not thousands.

Under the Coalition, the boats have stopped and the illegals are no longer dying or being put into detention centres. If you were balanced and logical the lefties be praising the Coalition. That will never happen because the left are such hypocrites and everyone knows this.
Do you advocate that we increase our foreign aid budget considering your concern for displaced people?

Holy crap. I've heard it all now. There's no use debating with the brain dead.
That graph is from the Department of Immigration you silly chap, as I've now told you 3 quadrillion times (once).

It ignores those who died well before they reached our territorial water and detection. Anyway, regardless of the exact figure, it's a lot of dead people and it was all due to the policies of Labor and the Greens. Those who did make it to our shores were shoved into detention centres.

I've never seen a bow drawn so long. The hilarity you will go to to defend your ineptitude... BECAUSE OF THE LEFT!112#!@312!!!2#!@

That graph is from the Department of Immigration you silly chap, as I've now told you 3 quadrillion times (once).
There is no point debating some people whose first instinct is to "blame the left" for everything that is wrong and second is to ignore any factual data (even if it comes from official government sources with a Liberal politician at the wheel).

I think you need to:

The article concludes that there is evidence that around 1100 asylum seekers died under Rudd, and stated earlier in the piece that the true number is likely higher due to the obvious difficulties with tracking undocumented vessels at sea.

It may not have been "thousands", but it was certainly a tragic stuff up by Labor.
Do you advocate that we increase our foreign aid budget considering your concern for displaced people?
I do. Take it out of the current budget for resttling refugees etc. No amount of refugee intake by first world countries can even come close to covering the birth replacement rate in the troubled countries. Focus funding at fixing the problem at its source.

The article concludes that there is evidence that around 1100 asylum seekers died under Rudd, and stated earlier in the piece that the true number is likely higher due to the obvious difficulties with tracking undocumented vessels at sea.

It may not have been "thousands", but it was certainly a tragic stuff up by the LNP and the Greens.
EFA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The article may be from The Conversation but if you know anything about that media organisation, the authors are from reputable Universities. Not just your run of the mill opinion writers from the Murdoch press.

In that article it is: Mary Anne Kenny,Associate Professor, School of Law, Murdoch University and think she may know what she is writing about.

Mary Anne Kenny has received sitting fees from the Department of Immigration and Border Protection. She also has received grant funding from the Australian Research Council.

The only reason why the outraged want him gone is because he destroys the man made climate change myth with facts and great ease. Only this week he had Professor Peter Ridd on his program saying that the Great Barrier Reef is in great shape and has never been better. International tourists are also saying that they thought the reef was dying until they actually saw the reef for themselves.

The boats didn’t stop they just stopped reporting them.

Also, Coalition started the boats, Rudd stopped them:

And why/how did Rudd stop them? I seem you trying to argue that the Alp policy change ie scrapping Howards policy wouldnt result in more boats coming. Well that was certainly wrong.

Thats why Rudd had to backtrack.

And why/how did Rudd stop them? I seem you trying to argue that the Alp policy change ie scrapping Howards policy wouldnt result in more boats coming. Well that was certainly wrong.

Thats why Rudd had to backtrack.

....yes. It was Rudds policy of ‘never being settled’ that stopped the boats.

She was put into the job when nobody else wanted it FFS.

“Shove a sock down her throat” isn’t a common saying. Except maybe in the rapey Proud Boy circles you like to pretend you’re allowed to travel in.

Isnt it just a cranky old man saying "put a sock in it" ?

Do people care when he goes after men? Or only women? If only women, why?

Isnt it just a cranky old man saying "put a sock in it" ?

Do people care when he goes after men? Or only women? If only women, why?

There's a difference. "Shut up" isn't the same as "Shut your ******* mouth up". Jones said the equivalent of the latter.

There's a difference. "Shut up" isn't the same as "Shut your ******* mouth up". Jones said the equivalent of the latter.

Over the years he has gone after plenty of men and said far worse, but we all fall apart when he says something mean to a woman.

Why is that? Is she weak and needs our protection?

Over the years he has gone after plenty of men and said far worse,

tenor.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back