Insightful Media Coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

1bad480755f9b22991a16ba54e0f5b29.jpg

15c38636dab4142a5a18afea708cb3b8.jpg

10th for both scoring and score conceded in time on.

Robbo giving us 3 AA's with Gov, Bunga and Darling.

"Hurn is captain and I fully expect to him to be named captain in the official team, although the appointment of Lance Franklin as skipper last year tells us selectors are keen on recognising greatness rather than stellar individual seasons."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roos’ big worry for Adam Simpson’s troops surrounds their ability to win contested ball — an area that has never been the team’s biggest strength but has reached a point where it could cost it dearly.

In particular, the Eagles have had major issues winning the ball post-clearance, as these Champion Data numbers — shown on On The Couch — suggest:

— Post-clearance contested possession differential: 18th

— Post-clearance ground-ball differential: 18th

— Post-clearance loose-ball differential: 18th

— Post-clearance hard-ball differential: 18th

But what Roos was most concerned about was that the Eagles were ranked 18th for ground-ball differential in their defensive 50 and in the midfield.

“In the back-half — where typically your mids are pushing back and you’re dominating — that’s a hard one to be 18th in … and 18th in the midfield as well,” Roos said.

“What that’s telling you is they’re relying on intercept markers.”

On The Couch then revealed individual ground-ball Champion Data ratings for the Eagles’ defenders, who are widely regarded as some of the best intercept markers in the AFL.

— Above average: Jeremy McGovern

— Average: Shannon Hurn

— Below average: Will Schofield, Brad Sheppard, Jackson Nelson

— Poor: Lewis Jetta, Tom Barrass

Time to flick that finals switch like last year.

Having Naitanui back would help immensely with those shocking clearance differentials.

Like last year all we need is to halve the midfield battle and the rest of the team can win it. But I have my doubts.

Having Naitanui back would help immensely with those shocking clearance differentials.

Like last year all we need is to halve the midfield battle and the rest of the team can win it. But I have my doubts.
Would have been nice even just to fall over the line into top 4. But everything that could go wrong literally did. Collingwood somehow closed the % gap. Lost an 8 point (ladder) game to Richmond, and here we sit. If just one of the critical opposition games go our way (Collingwood/Essendon.. Brisbane/Richmond), or we win just one of ours, we’re sitting here, one win away from a prelim with our most influential player to be included. Just how it happens I guess, but I’d rather have finished 5th after being around that mark all year than crash from a potential top 2 spot out of the top 4 in the space of 2 weeks.

If... If... If we turn up and play our best footy then it will take a big effort from someone else to beat us.

Unfortunately it could be a 5 min effort in 1 qtr and we hold on in a scrap or lose ugly.

We really need to start well v Ess and get up and about and get some mojo back.

Sheptember.

Go Eagles

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Decent read. Not sure where to put.

Most in the HS are predicting a Richmond premiership.

Only Kingy has any love for us.

Premier: West Coast
Runner-up: Richmond
Blind faith in Adam Simpson and the imminent return of the Eagles most destructive force in Nic Naitanui.
Norm Smith Medal: Jeremy McGovern
Mr September: Patrick Dangerfield
Spring Surprise: Gryan Miers
Brownlow Medal: Lachie Neale
PRE-SEASON CRYSTAL FORM
Got right: Possibly Fyfe for Brownlow
Got wrong: Melbourne FC

OK, who was it:)

Nathan Buckley’s gut-wrenching AFL Grand Final loss speech and the Eagles fan who helped him

But in an attempt to reset his team’s focus at the start of the 2019 pre-season, Buckley used a letter he received from a West Coast fan as proof it was on the right path.

“I’ve been a fan of the West Coast Eagles since 1997 and I’ve hated Collingwood for the same amount of time. I was wrong,” Buckley reads.

“I’ve noticed something different, something inspiring, something special. Your team are creating something special at Collingwood.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back