2nds Casey Demons 2019 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm truly disappointed in Vineys lack of fight with Vanders/Vince out of the team (wow, three Vs...). He hasn't belted nearly enough people, its indicative of the lack of spirit more broadly. Maybe giving the captaincy to Gawn may let him off the chain a bit and get some of our physical edge back.
I think Viney still thinks he can burst through tackles like when he first came into the team . This season he has been caught with the ball far too often for my liking . Of the 2 i thought would show some fight Lewis played like he is on a good behaviour bond and May is still trying to get in the good books after the way he turned up pre season . The other one who tackled with intent and we haven't replaced is Kent . Whom ever ends up in our group of coaches next season will have a massive job getting any sort of aggression or mongrel into this team.

I'm truly disappointed in Vineys lack of fight with Vanders/Vince out of the team (wow, three Vs...). He hasn't belted nearly enough people, its indicative of the lack of spirit more broadly. Maybe giving the captaincy to Gawn may let him off the chain a bit and get some of our physical edge back.

Genuinely think it’s been coached out of them.

Genuinely think it’s been coached out of them.
You don't go through a whole season without a single suspension in the home and away by chance. That's a side that's been coached to play too safe and perfect. We always played our best we were campaigners

You don't go through a whole season without a single suspension in the home and away by chance. That's a side that's been coached to play too safe and perfect. We always played our best we were campaigners

Yep. We play our best footy on the edge, but apparently we don’t want to risk suspension so we let oppo clubs push us around. I’m not saying we should be going out there to whack blokes but there is a clear difference in our aggressive attack on the ball and the man 17-18 and 2019.

Yep, what about Preuss half tackling that guy a few weeks ago? that must have gone against every bone in his body (I didnt actually see the tackle but read about it/heard about it).

It's a disgrace he hasn't flattened anyone since we brought him in. It's no coincidence how often our midfield is getting bullied now. We are playing like the hunted.

I think there's a whole thread on our lack of physicality that we could explore. Wouldn't mind a line in the sand game early next year if we start slowly. No point this weekend because with our luck clarry will brake both his hands punching someone

I reckon something we miss about Preussy is not only is he still fairly young in big man terms, but he also took the game up a lot later in life than your average Victorian kid. Being from North QLD, he’d have been lucky to see a game until he was a teenager.

He's a ruckman, though. Lets not pretend that requires any more significant training than constantly being reminded that the blokes wearing the same shirt as you are on your side.

He's a ruckman, though. Lets not pretend that requires any more significant training than constantly being reminded that the blokes wearing the same shirt as you are on your side.
Well, leaving aside the fact that being a ruckman moved past the point of only needing to be a big tall bloke around the same time Stynes won the Brownlow ... that's sort of the point, his ruckwork is good, it's the rest his game that is letting him down at AFL level, while (without actually having watched) he seems much better at VFL level, which hopefully means he's just taking some to get up to speed.

Well, leaving aside the fact that being a ruckman moved past the point of only needing to be a big tall bloke around the same time Stynes won the Brownlow ... that's sort of the point, his ruckwork is good, it's the rest his game that is letting him down at AFL level, while (without actually having watched) he seems much better at VFL level, which hopefully means he's just taking some to get up to speed.
You took his bait.

Just ignore him and he’ll settle down.

You are mad. Is the air thin up where you are as well? Maybe you should be rucking.

The pedestal that I put myself up on is some distance above sea level, yes.

I'm surprised you don't suffer from the same, given the high horse that you live on. :cool:

How dare you insult my dashing steed Soapbox.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Tom Freeman a chance to get drafted? How's his kicking, athleticism? We could use some support down back, haven't watched much Casey though so not sure how much of an improvement on Wagner he'd be. But I feel like we'll be using some late picks this year after making a few moves in the trade period.

So melbourne choke against norf to sum up our year, and casey miss out due to another team sneaking past them. There hasn't been a more melbourne season than this one

Remove this Banner Ad

Back