Strategy DEBT DEMOLITION CAMPAIGN

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I started a go fund me page for debt demolition.
If ppl think this is stupid I will take it down asap, but if we could raise $20000 or so before October 31 (I think that is our end of year financial date?) Then we can present whatever to the club, I'm sure they'd appreciate it. Needs to be shared

Raising $1.1m in 2011 is actually staggering and impressive considering how few people were engaged at the time.

Exactly. Imagine what could’ve been raised in 2013/14+ when we had the highest fan engagement satisfaction and admin job approval ratings in the world, supposedly.

For what it’s worth, my understanding is our debt is basically 100% due to China. We won’t be back there after next year, essentially the money we are making there is the amount of seats we are selling (obviously not counting the seats we giveaway). Laws changed right around the time we started playing there in terms of Chinese investing in international sports, this has had a pretty big role. My information could be bad, but take it or leave it.

Also haven’t read completely through the thread so don’t know what has or hasn’t been mentioned in terms of China.

For what it’s worth, my understanding is our debt is basically 100% due to China. We won’t be back there after next year, essentially the money we are making there is the amount of seats we are selling (obviously not counting the seats we giveaway). Laws changed right around the time we started playing there in terms of Chinese investing in international sports, this has had a pretty big role. My information could be bad, but take it or leave it.

Also haven’t read completely through the thread so don’t know what has or hasn’t been mentioned in terms of China.
AFL should step up and wipe out debt then (or at least a very big part of it), growing the game internally is to their benefit as well.

An unknown amount of cash has been stolen from the Port Adelaide Football Club's gaming room overnight.

Police were called to the Queen St precinct at about 12:30am after two men entered the gaming room armed with knives.

The suspects left in a vehicle after stealing the money.

Hmmm.....

Your information is bad.

I rather think the 3 to 4 million dollar operating losses 2009 to 2012 were the problem. China is underwritten by Mr Gui

Maybe, time will tell.

For what it’s worth, my understanding is our debt is basically 100% due to China.

Incorrect. The vast bulk of our debt was accrued prior to China even being an idea at the board table.

We won’t be back there after next year,

Incorrect. We have a three year arrangement to play St Kilda that concludes at the end of 2021.

essentially the money we are making there is the amount of seats we are selling (obviously not counting the seats we giveaway).

We don't make any money on attendance at the game and this has never been the aim. The sole aim is to tap a sponsorship/partnership resource that is outside of the confines of South Australia.

Laws changed right around the time we started playing there in terms of Chinese investing in international sports, this has had a pretty big role.

I don't know anything about this. Lockhart Road is this a thing?

My information could be bad, but take it or leave it.

Save for the last bit, I'll leave it.

Incorrect. The vast bulk of our debt was accrued prior to China even being an idea at the board table.

Incorrect. We have a three year arrangement to play St Kilda that concludes at the end of 2021.

We don't make any money on attendance at the game and this has never been the aim. The sole aim is to tap a sponsorship/partnership resource that is outside of the confines of South Australia.

I’d settle for “My information could be bad” and leave it.

We’ll just have to wait and see:)

Our debt comes from making yearly million dollar losses ever year bar one between 2008 and 2014. How do you reckon we funded these loses?? Share issues? Have you just come out of a coma because your memory is poor.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port Adelaide back in the red as finances hit

... Port CEO Keith Thomas has put on the record that the club is heading for a break-even year. Off the Record hears Port’s loss could be in the region of $400,000, which is not inconsistent with Thomas’s previous statements.
All will be revealed in February at Port’s AGM.

... this would place Port as just one of two AFL clubs to deliver a cash loss.

... The club’s financials last year didn’t make great reading. The club posted a slim operating profit, which slipped to a loss once depreciation and other factors were subtracted — worrying enough to prompt its auditors to include a “going concern” notice in the books.

Well done Club leaders. :rolleyes:

Well done, board of directors. :rolleyes:

Well done, Chairman Moi. :rolleyes: Lucky you discovered China and learned how to milk it, hey? :rolleyes:

... Port CEO Keith Thomas has put on the record that the club is heading for a break-even year. Off the Record hears Port’s loss could be in the region of $400,000, which is not inconsistent with Thomas’s previous statements.

... The club’s financials last year didn’t make great reading. The club posted a slim operating profit, which slipped to a loss once depreciation and other factors were subtracted — worrying enough to prompt its auditors to include a “going concern” notice in the books.

Well done, Chairman Moi. :rolleyes: Lucky you discovered China and learned how to milk it, hey? :rolleyes:

That Million in membership revenue they’re missing out on this year coming back to bite them...

We can all expect a bigger loss next year because we sure as hell won’t be getting a million dollars back in members but are a pretty good chance of losing a few thousand members.

Keep accepting mediocrity, wasted season after wasted season and doing the exact opposite of what the members/fans want and that loss will get a hell of a lot bigger....

Ah well.
It’s for them to sort out.
Not getting that big sponsor at the beginning of the year would have hurt.
I paid my membership so I did what I could, and I will pay it again next year because as long as we don’t totally sink into the debt mire I see better times ahead ( from 2021 onwards at least)
Lack of the big China money that Koch promised has come as a big let down to me although KT keeps spouting that in 10 years time we will be glad we started the China journey.
He and Koch will be conveniently gone by then. So much for our financial guru.

Yeah, but new logo dude.
Gotta accentuate the positives.

So the AFL appoint 50% of our board and we have David Koch wheeling and dealing with corporate Australia and yet we struggle to get corporate funding to stay afloat.

Dont blame the fans here as we are ranked in the top 8 in league for members and average attendances. We are doing our job!

I think we need to work harder for corporate Australian dollars as the China experiment is not the way to go for longterm success.

So the AFL appoint 50% of our board and we have David Koch wheeling and dealing with corporate Australia and yet we struggle to get corporate funding to stay afloat.

Dont blame the fans here as we are ranked in the top 8 in league for members and average attendances. We are doing our job!

I think we need to work harder for corporate Australian dollars as the China experiment is not the way to go for longterm success.
And also need to work towards a better deal with the SMA and put an end to the SANFL bleeding us dry

This is the off field equivalent of work hardery for longery.

There are structural problems preventing us from attaining high level sponsorship deals. Until we sort those out, or make a success of China, nothing will change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back