Recommitted Jack Lukosius [Extended to 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you are being unfair to idiots here, a cabbage could of done a better job of trading than our mob in the past few years

Weller for pick 2
4 second rounders for Eagles pick that turned into pick 18
Lions pick this year ( currently 18) for 2x pick 19’s

Just to name some of the gems, I want to play poker with some of these asshats
I think the rule here is: If we take your first round pick, you are guaranteed to finish 1st...

For what it's worth even if Luko or King as for a trade I think GCS will hold them to their contract. They can't be seen to be trading out top kids a year after they have drafted them while also asking for a priority pick.

This is the last chance for GC to set The club up properly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I the only person that finds it funny that Adelaide fans are talking up the possibility of Luko/Rankine leaving more than anyone but aren't willing to pay a proper packet for him?

I guess that would apply to any fanbase though.
I think Adelaide supporters should be more concerned with their own players leaving frankly. In all honesty they’ve been the unluckiest team for players leaving IMO.

Pretty sure you cant retire to enanle you to enter into a new contract if you are contracted

If that was the case Brad Crouch could do that infact any player in the AFL whether there are 21 or 31 would take that loop hole and exploit it
No you can’t.

The AFL stopped that a few years ago.

if you had said that a few weeks ago, I might have agreed but things are not all roses down the port way so it seems - apparently Lycett might want out after a big fall out with Hinkley 1 year into his deal, Amon wants out again, The club is short of money and is apparently asking its players to defer somee payments till next year to balance the books..

Literally every single thing you’ve just said is unsubstantiated.

Also, how is port having deep ruck stocks, a Victorian kid possibly wanting to go home, and wanting to balance salary cap spend to protect underspend to then utilise overspend in any way a bad reflection on a footy club that recruiting targets would care about...

Literally every single thing you’ve just said is unsubstantiated.

Also, how is port having deep ruck stocks, a Victorian kid possibly wanting to go home, and wanting to balance salary cap spend to protect underspend to then utilise overspend in any way a bad reflection on a footy club that recruiting targets would care about...
Well this is what is being spruiked..these are coming from industry people so until they are debunked who knows

Well this is what is being spruiked..these are coming from industry people so until they are debunked who knows

What journo said Hinkley and Lycett have fallen out?

The journo that said that teams should target Lycett purely because port has lots of good rucks and someone’s misquoted that?

If that quote (fallen out) exists feel free to quote it. I may have missed an article but I’m suspicious that it’s bullshit

What journo said Hinkley and Lycett have fallen out?

The journo that said that teams should target Lycett purely because port has lots of good rucks and someone’s misquoted that?

If that quote (fallen out) exists feel free to quote it. I may have missed an article but I’m suspicious that it’s bulls**t
It was mentioned on radio about Hinkley and Lycett - the other night on 5AA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There can’t be anything coming back to us.

He wants out, we know it, they know it. But it’s still going to be wrangling knife fight.

It will start with 3, then it’s about which player(s). And there will be no change out of the deal for us.
Even though he is from S.A, I think with the way the Crows are going and handling players I might think even he has reservations about going back home.

What relevance does making the finals last year have?

What an absolutely stupid thing to say.

The other thing is does anyone actually believe anotehr top pick will do anything for Gold Coast?
Ironically we're discussing this in a thread about a top pick likely to leave after 1 season.
the only people talking about Lukosius wanting to leave is Adelaide crows supporters become there club is in such a mess on field and off.

Lukosius has said many times he’s loving it on the Gold Coast and he and his manager will open contract talks with the Suns in the off-season.

People were saying Rankine would be out the door at season end and look how quickly that changed.

Can’t what to see you people go into meltdown when he re-signs with the suns

Why are the Suns 'obliged' to trade Lukosius to the Crows, like many Crows fans are implying.

This isn't Game of Thrones ya know. The entitlement from a minority of Crows loudmouth who think Luko deserves to be in AFC colours is just pitiful

Special heads up to Adelaide fans - learn to draft and develop ya own young players. It ain't hard ya know

Why are the Suns 'obliged' to trade Lukosius to the Crows, like many Crows fans are implying.

This isn't Game of Thrones ya know. The entitlement from a minority of Crows loudmouth who think Luko deserves to be in AFC colours is just pitiful

Special heads up to Adelaide fans - learn to draft and develop ya own young players. It ain't hard ya know
Um, the point is being made that "if" Luko wants to come home they should look at it this year as Adelaide won't have as good a pick next year for them to trade for. Its as simple as that.
And hey, any time you want to compare Adelaides drafting and development to your clubs we can do it. And unlike your club, we dont have a heap of top 10 picks with which we did it with.

Um, the point is being made that "if" Luko wants to come home they should look at it this year as Adelaide won't have as good a pick next year for them to trade for. Its as simple as that.
And hey, any time you want to compare Adelaides drafting and development to your clubs we can do it. And unlike your club, we dont have a heap of top 10 picks with which we did it with.

As I said previously, the Suns trading Lukosius a year early would send a dangerous precedent to future draftees to the Suns. Gold Coast are a unique beast to every other club in the AFL. Tony Cochrane might be a pompous gasbag, but he ain't an idiot.

As I said previously, the Suns trading Lukosius a year early would send a dangerous precedent to future draftees to the Suns. Gold Coast are a unique beast to every other club in the AFL. Tony Cochrane might be a pompous gasbag, but he ain't an idiot.
The Suns trading out their captain in May last year while still in contract sent a poor message. The Suns delisting Jarryd Lyons last year for nothing sent a poor message. But yet they did it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back