Taylor Swift

This is in my head right now. I enjoy it as does lil mss norfy.

Look mate, I ain't trying to mess with your self expression, but I've learned the lesson that screaming and obsessing about somebody else is no fun.

next promo single "Lover" out tomorrow.

and FYI for those of you planning to buy the album on release day (or if you have pre-ordered) on JB Hifi website:
PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO A STRICT INTERNATIONAL EMBARGO ONLINE ORDERS WILL BE SHIPPED ON FRI 23RD AUGUST. Stock will be sold in stores after 2pm AEST 23/8/2019.

129n061ooug31.jpg

tracklist

I better start saving for more purchases

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
For anybody interested;

Personally my favourite is Welcome To New York, Absolutely love that track. I really like Fifteen and Hey Stephen too. And Bad Blood is kickass.

Probably not as well versed with her music as some others here, but thought people might want to check it out.

Last edited:
For anybody interested;

Personally my favourite is Welcome To New York, Absolutely love that track. I really like Fifteen and Hey Stephen too. And Bad Blood is kickass.

Probably not as well versed with her music as some others here, but thought people might want to check it out.

Thanks Cruyffy! So many great tracks.

Hey stephen is a soulful TS classic. Down to earth, earthy and country all in one.

15, a beautiful ballad about her bestie and some undesirable behaviour she encountered.

So casually cruel in the name of being awesome. This towering ballad is Swift’s zenith, building to peak after peak. For “All Too Well,” she teams up with her trustiest collaborators – songwriting sensei Liz Rose, producer Nathan Chapman – to spin a tragic tale of doomed love and scarves and autumn leaves and maple lattes. It’s full of killer moments: the way she sings “refrigerator,” the way she spits out the consonants of “crumpled-up piece of paper,” the way she chews up three “all”s in a row. No other song does such a stellar job of showing off her ability to blow up a trivial little detail into a legendary heartache. (That scarf should be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, though in a way it already is.) You can schaeden your freude all over the celebrity she reputedly sings about, but on the best day of your life you will never inspire a song as great as “All Too Well.” Or write one.
Best line: “Maybe we got lost in translation/Maybe I asked for too much/Maybe this thing was a masterpiece till you tore it all up/Running scared, I was there, I remember it all too well.”

Goosebumps!!!

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Thanks Cruyffy! So many great tracks.

Hey stephen is a soulful TS classic. Down to earth, earthy and country all in one.

15, a beautiful ballad about her bestie and some undesirable behaviour she encountered.
Yeah my wife loves her and usually has her on in the car. Tracks will come on that I don't know and I really dig some of them. Others are pretty average/too country for my liking, but there are some great tracks in her catalogue.

Also love Style and New Year's Day.

Breathe is another nice song.

I thought the album was meant to come out today, but there is nothing on Spotify.

Yeah my wife loves her and usually has her on in the car. Tracks will come on that I don't know and I really dig some of them. Others are pretty average/too country for my liking, but there are some great tracks in her catalogue.

Also love Style and New Year's Day.

Breathe is another nice song.

I thought the album was meant to come out today, but there is nothing on Spotify.

I liked her early stuff in general. Forever and always a fave from her Fearless album which for me was (the album) kinda the last country hurrah as she developed and evolved into the pop princess she is today.

Yes there are average songs too, agree with you there.

imo Red had great individual songs but wasn't as sonically cohesive as 1989.

1. 1989
2. Speak Now
3. Red
4. reputation
5. Fearless
6. Taylor Swift

Everyone is entitled to their opinion either way. I obviously lean more towards when she drifted away from her country roots.

1. Fearless
2. Red
3. Speak Now
4. Taylor Swift
5. 1989
6. Reputation (still have not purchased it, don't plan to either) / 7. Lover (what I've heard thus far I'm not interested in)

While like most others I have mp3s/flacs loaded up on the go on portable devices. In my main stereo system's cd stacker I have three cd's that have not been ejected in almost 2 years........ Fearless is one of them. I listen to it in full at least once each month. I like her Fearless to Red period. Didn't really like her direction from 1989 - onward. I didn't actually listen to 1989 in full until roughly a year or

so after it was originally released. Even then my favourite song from that album phase was an offshoot not included on the original album!

Great, thanks!

Liking the first track so far. It's fun and catchy.

Just completed the first listen all the way through. As she stated it's a love letter to love itself and it is definitely reflected in most songs. Liked the direction she gone with most tracks, maybe only one or two I didn't like first up. A couple of songs are particularly biting commentary and it works. Funnily enough in retrospect she probably picked one of the worst songs to be the lead single.

That one song, though, ugh, it's very personal to me and to many others. You'll know it when you get there.

Overall not perfect but it deserves the hype. 4 out of 5.

1. Fearless
2. Red
3. Speak Now
4. Taylor Swift
5. 1989
6. Reputation (still have not purchased it, don't plan to either) / 7. Lover (what I've heard thus far I'm not interested in)

While like most others I have mp3s/flacs loaded up on the go on portable devices. In my main stereo system's cd stacker I have three cd's that have not been ejected in almost 2 years........ Fearless is one of them. I listen to it in full at least once each month. I like her Fearless to Red period. Didn't really like her direction from 1989 - onward. I didn't actually listen to 1989 in full until roughly a year or

so after it was originally released. Even then my favourite song from that album phase was an offshoot not included on the original album!

Great listing. Speak now I think holds dear to my heart and therefore no 1. The album ive listened to from start to finish and enjoyed all the songs to varying degrees. Fearless a close second (on count back), as it was the first concert of TSwizzy I attended. Great memories. Third, Red. Then 1989 and reputation (i did not attend that concert).

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Just completed the first listen all the way through. As she stated it's a love letter to love itself and it is definitely reflected in most songs. Liked the direction she gone with most tracks, maybe only one or two I didn't like first up. A couple of songs are particularly biting commentary and it works. Funnily enough in retrospect she probably picked one of the worst songs to be the lead single.

That one song, though, ugh, it's very personal to me and to many others. You'll know it when you get there.

Overall not perfect but it deserves the hype. 4 out of 5.
Six tracks in, really enjoying it so far.

Thankfully moved away from the Reputation sound - wasn't a fan of that at all -, it's great.

Great listing. Speak now I think holds dear to my heart and therefore no 1. The album ive listened to from start to finish and enjoyed all the songs to varying degrees. Fearless a close second (on count back), as it was the first concert of TSwizzy I attended. Great memories. Third, Red. Then 1989 and reputation (i did not attend that concert).

I didn't really like Speak Now that much until sometime after Red's release. I got it at launch and listened to it for a bit, but it didn't have a high rotation. I appreciate it for what it is and listen to it more frequently these days though in a "hey this is better than I remember it being" kind of way.

I didn't really like Speak Now that much until sometime after Red's release. I got it at launch and listened to it for a bit, but it didn't have a high rotation. I appreciate it for what it is and listen to it more frequently these days though in a "hey this is better than I remember it being" kind of way.

thats the beauty of music. It appeals to different stages of your life, moods, emotions. A song you didnt like much a year ago suddenly appeals as it evokes different feelings

Back