Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

Hmmm you mean the message that left me unsure of what you were talking about, and then chucking a tantrum and resorting to insults when I asked you to clarify and suggested the "Report" button was more appropriate if you wanted prompt moderator responses?

I don't think you covered yourself in glory in that exchange, put it that way. On the other hand it was definitely consistent with your overall behaviour.
You're not being accurate & are attempting to denigrate me. The screenshots show you up as being less than honest or honourable. How about you pull your head in.

You're not being accurate & are attempting to denigrate me. The screenshots show you up as being less than honest or honourable. How about you pull your head in.

Here we go, the complete conversation (note - no reference to Lyon, just an "ex-player". I had to figure that out once I saw his meltdowns on this thread the following morning.):

Subject: OYYYYY

It's worse than pretty ordinary for you especially to be part of blatant trolling on the board. Put an end to it & allow Fitzroy supporters show some support for a more than handy ex-player. Whilst you moderate posts, I'm sure there are standards that you have an obligation to uphold. Just fix it please Mr. Moderator.
I have no idea what you're talking about.

On every post there should be a "Report" link. That creates a report that all board moderators can see. That is the correct way to get a response, and you're far more likely to get a timely evaluation instead of sending PMs in the middle of the night.
That's a disingenuous reply Donald. You're also talking rubbish saying 10:37pm is "middle of the night". Unless toy go to bed at 5:30pm and rise at 3am to ride trackwork or do your homework before school. So in all likelihood that accusation is a bald faced lie. Most unbefitting of a person who hols some responsibility on this site.
Ok, nice of you to make clear you're just wanting to pick a fight with whoever you can given you've shed no light on your original issue and instead just deciding to quibble about when the sun sets and rises. Move on.
I stand by what I have written. Your reference to me "wanting to pick a fight" and you being dismissive is a childish reaction to being called out for making false accusations & your rudeness.
I shall cease communicating with you & would appreciate you doing the same. As you so rightly pointed out, there is a report button & there are site rules.
Thank you.
I greatly look forward to you ceasing to communicate with me.

Here we go, the complete conversation (note - no reference to Lyon, just an "ex-player". I had to figure that out once I saw his meltdowns on this thread the following morning.):

Subject: OYYYYY
You lied from the start. You knew exactly what trolling I was talking about. Screenshot with your "like" & screenshot of your removal if your "like" of what was blatant trolling are testament to your character. Once again, pull your head in.

You lied from the start. You knew exactly what trolling I was talking about. Screenshot with your "like" & screenshot of your removal if your "like" of what was blatant trolling are testament to your character. Once again, pull your head in.

Alas I was not lying. Feel free to post whatever "proof" you desire. However the amusement factor of indulging your weird conspiracy theories is quickly stripping away. Time to move on after that.

I want to know how many of us who contribute to this forum have played an AFL game.

I'm starting to feel a little inadequate here.
I don't think anyone on here has played AFL, however there are quite a few that have played Australian Rules. ;)

I never played it unfortunately, grew up in SE QLD in the 60s/70s where RL was king, I played Rugby League for my school and club soccer all through my childhood and until very recently had played Futsal since the early 2000s. Squash was my other competitive sport in my long ago youth.

I played a season of AFL 9s and kicked 1.2 if that counts.
Two seasons here! I think the only game we won was on a forfeit.

Absolutely DISGUSTING and libellous.

Many Lions legends have played AFL 9's and you decide to go denigrate it. Just no standards.

Please respond IMMEDIATELY or I will sue you for restraint of trade.

Thought we had higher standards on this board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd suggest you stop telling people to pull their head in as a start. As for your continually over confrontational posting style, it is starting to wear very thin. Not everyone is attacking you when they simply make comment on a former player Soo I would suggest taking it as such.

As for the exchange posted as dlanod said the report buton is there for a reason, using it will at least provide some context for what your complaining about. And fwiw I would have had no idea what you were talking about either given there wasn't any trolling in that thread. Perhaps you need to educate yourself on what trolling is

I want to know how many of us who contribute to this forum have played an AFL game.

I'm starting to feel a little inadequate here.
I played one game of high school AFL, kicked 2 goals without actually touching the ball with my hands for the entire game. Soccer skills hacking the ball of the ground paid offs

Fair to say my AFL skills are horrendous and worse than a lot of Auskick kids. Should I stop watching games altogether or does 1 high school game count?

Just wondering if I’ve wasted 22 years of being a fan

Hey Fellas, congratz on thie awesome year to date.

Apparently we are interviewing Voss this week.

What was everyone thoughts on the guy as coach IF we keep him away from list management decisions...

I'm not keen myself but you guys would know better

The Voss era was a long time ago now in the scheme of things. Port fans would know better. In any event, I think it is hard to fully assess Voss' coaching ability from his time at the Lions given the shambles the club was in at the time. He was really coaching with both arms tied behind his back.

Absolutely DISGUSTING and libellous.

Many Lions legends have played AFL 9's and you decide to go denigrate it. Just no standards.

Please respond IMMEDIATELY or I will sue you for restraint of trade.

Thought we had higher standards on this board.

In the criminal justice system, internet forum based offenses are considered especially heinous. On the Bigfooty Lions Board, the dedicated Mods who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Special Victims Unit. These are their stories .

Hey Fellas, congratz on thie awesome year to date.

Apparently we are interviewing Voss this week.

What was everyone thoughts on the guy as coach IF we keep him away from list management decisions...

I'm not keen myself but you guys would know better

He had a definite plan, which isn't to be written off compared to some coaches which just chop and change. He tended to blame the players for not being able to execute said plan though, which always left me thinking that isn't the point to either improve the players or change the plan - both of which would have been his job - though by most accounts the players still loved him. He was stuck in a position with negligible organizational support which just about sets anyone up to fail, though I'm not sure how Freo is on that front right now.

OTOH he also wasn't directly involved with list management - I know he's the famous face of it but Gubby Allen has a lot more to answer for as he ran that side of things since the Matthews years. It's not like he was handing that over to Voss. However he bolted for the door (and GWS) shortly after the 2009 trade period. "Crazy Vossy" was lazy people being lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back