Recommitted Stephen Coniglio [re-signs with GWS for 7 more years]

Remove this Banner Ad

Contrary to what the media are sprouting. Cogs has made up his mind. He already knows where he wants to go. The media want to depict this as a race when it is clearly not but hey it sells papers and clicks and until he releases a statement this BS will continue

The fact that Carlton are now being heavily linked to Papley, Martin, Amon and S.Gray might mean they could be out of the running for Coniglio.

Ditto Hawthorn. Cogs is staying at GWS. Also Karl Amon is poo. Hawks can have him

Ditto Hawthorn. Cogs is staying at GWS. Also Karl Amon is poo. Hawks can have him

He can ink his extension to stay at GWS today and provide a great boost and good news story for the club on the eve of the finals....

Or... he has to wait till the FA period to announce his intent to leave for another club

He is so gone. To whom is still unknown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100% an accurate reflection of all ITK from any board.

Not all. There are a few who dont gloat snd infrequently post and are fairly accurate.

Pretty sure we had one saying 3 weeks out that Hawks had moved on from Shiel. And are now saying Carlton have moved on from Cogs and are very much after Papley.

The trick is ignoring anyone who changes their view on a weekly basis. Which means ignoring 95% of the media.

I just try to think like a player would. At first I thought Carlton, they have a good young list which will only improve, and you're only a Footballer for a short time, might as well make as much money as you can.
But then I read GWS upped there offer, so now GWS have probably the best chance of a flag out of 3 choices, and also offering pretty close to an offer Cogs would want.

I just try to think like a player would. At first I thought Carlton, they have a good young list which will only improve, and you're only a Footballer for a short time, might as well make as much money as you can.
But then I read GWS upped there offer, so now GWS have probably the best chance of a flag out of 3 choices, and also offering pretty close to an offer Cogs would want.
God you’d have to be brave predicting that GWS will win a flag in the next 5 years unless, of course, they are greatly assisted by corrupt practices by the AFL. For a start they are hopeless on the MCG. And the list of failings goes on.

I'm confident because the Hawks have been working on gaining Cogs services for nearly 2 years now. Canberra wasn't Clarko's first meeting; Not 100% confident because he may well decide to stay with the club that drafted him (which is admirable) and Cogs strikes me as the loyal type. But we have a couple of his best mates at the club already and that has to be a huge draw, not to mention Clarko and the hawks proven record of supporting their own even if not necessarily in Hawthorns best interest (Hilly, Hodge, Mitchell, key personnel etc.) I suspect monetarily at least Carlton's offer would be significantly higher but I don't think $ is not the most important thing to him. The giants will have offered him the maximum they are able and with wise investments a few hundred k less tax wont be significant in the long term. Without knowing him personally and what is in his heart we will all just have to wait until his announcement, but I do find it surprising that it seems only the Hawks and Carlton are vying for one of the biggest RFA's to become available.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back